I am about to do a security wipe and I was wondering...what will happen to my applications that I have purchased from blackberry app world? How am I supposed to get them back without paying for them again? Because I am pretty sure when you back up your blackberry on the computer, it does not back up applications.

thanks.

--
    Robert
    03-30-10 07:06 PM
    thank you!
    03-30-10 07:19 PM
    A much simpler way is to go to your account on App World, change your PIN and
    have the apps sent to your new device.

Doing it as suggested above won't work since the PIN of the new phone will not
    allow the apps to be registered.
    03-30-10 07:54 PM
    i appreciate it
    03-30-10 08:31 PM
    You usually have a log in that you have when purchasing from the app world. It will allow you to re-install all thats been purchased via the account.
    03-30-10 08:54 PM
    In the OS versions im running (5.0), you're given the choice to wipe personal data, 3rd party applications and media card - all independent of each other.

If you choose to wipe personal data, you may lose registration information for 3rd party applications however, they will remain installed. Wiping 3rd party applications will completely erase them from your device, requiring you to download, reinstall & re-register.

1darrick's explanation for backing up 3rd party apps works as well however, I've had mixed results upon restoration (though many MANY users have had great experiences with this method).

Hope that helps some.
    03-30-10 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD