I was wondering is it safe to buy stuff online using your blackberry? Like going on purchasing off ebay, using paypal, paying credit card bills.
    I'm always worried about these stuff using mobile phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 10:28 AM
    I think it's perfectly safe. The security, when using a credit card, comes from the site, not the phone or computer. As long as you see the lock icon on the bottom of the page, you're fine.
    11-12-08 10:34 AM
    I think it's perfectly safe. The security, when using a credit card, comes from the site, not the phone or computer. As long as you see the lock icon on the bottom of the page, you're fine.

This statement isn't fully true. To be honest the blackberry more then likely is more safe then your home computer. If the site is secure then using a credit card is protected on there site. Many people don't realize that your computer being compromised is the biggest risk. Things like having a keylogger on your computer can send a attacker all information you type reguardless of how secure the webpage is. The thing about a blackberry is the risk of this is much less. Keep in mind none of it is fully secure anyone buying anything online should keep good track of there statements to detect things.

Hope this helps Just a heads up.

EDIT: one more thing. Make sure that your on the proper site when entering info. There is sites that do what is called "spoofing" this is were they make a site that looks identical to the site you think your purchasing on. Check the URL's to make sure the company actually owns them. For example eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices << they own ebay.com but it doesn't someone couldn't purchase something like anything.com and create a page called ebay.anything.com

just remember

a url is http://subdomain.domain/folder << don't click it doesnt go anywere

the domain section is owned by a company/person the rest can be created by anyone on any domain.
    Last edited by noaim; 11-12-08 at 12:31 PM.
    11-12-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD