View Poll Results: What card-payment system are you using?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • ChargeAnywhere

0 0%
  • MerchantAnywhere

0 0%
  • Flagship ROAMpay

0 0%
  • Leaders

0 0%
  • Chase PaymentTech

0 0%
  • Verifone

0 0%
  • Kudos

0 0%
  • other BB mobile POS

0 0%
  • other NON-BB mobile POS

1 33.33%
  • Undecided

2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    (Please note: this thread is for small-business owners/new startups who have BBs and wish to use their BBs as secure card-swipe (POS) terminals to accept credit cards for clients! Thank you)

BB is the industry leader in security with the track-record to prove it. It's not just a novelty or marketing gimmick like it is to the other guys (iPhone, Android, etc).

Seeing how it's essential for any real business to offer a secure card-payment method for clients with high-level end-to-end encryption that's up to par with industry standards (i.e., beyond the very basic--and almost pointless--"128-bit SSL" crap offered to consumers), I therefore went ahead and put this together from my research I've been doing on the subject lately.

I've also included ones that are only somewhat-compatable (via manual keyed entry only, no card-swiper, using a secure web-based interface) just because it’s one less thing you'll need to spend time looking into when you come across it in your online research.

Please don’t mind the CAPITALIZATION thruought my notes. This is all condensed from my own personal notes I’ve taken from my research and I use it for emphasis for myself, and I didn’t have the time to edit them all out.

Also, please feel free to add-to/correct any missing or incorrect information you find, including updates! Thanks, and now on with the show….

General preliminary notes (for those who don’t already know):
    • Be sure device has a “Store/forward” feature if possible to be able to take payment even in area (esp in some buildings) where wirelesw connection is bad. Otherwise payment will not be possible (i.e., scribbling down clients’ sensitive data on a piece of paper and sticking it in your pocket, or other unencrypted methods, is never a good idea)
    • Verify their service/hardware is compatable with your current/available wireless network(s) 1ST!
    • Visa/MasterCard regulations require a receipt for all face-to-face bankcard transactions. If your terminal should fail, you should have a manual imprinter as a backup.
    • GOOD IDEA TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE “PCI DSS COMPLIANT”. Otherwise if issues arise down the road it can result in huge fines from the credit card co when they find out your setup isn’t PCI-Compliant.
    • Obtaining mandatory “PCI Compliance” (“Level 4” for sm. Biz/startups):
    https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/smb/
    https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org...ce%20Guide.pdf
    Data Breach Security | PCI Compliance FAQ
    PCI Compliant Credit Card Terminal Scanning - POS Terminal Scan

Basic options for OS 7 and OS10 devices (depending on individual POS/payment gateway providers listed below)…
    1. Full touch-screen devices: card swipe or manual (web-based) keyed entry, digital signature capture.
    2. Touch/non-touchscreen + keyboard devices: card swipe or manual (web-based) keyed entry. NO digital signature capture (insufficient screen sizes)

BB OS (10 and/or earlier) compatible payment gateway providers/hardware/software…

ChargeAnywhere:
    Only compat w/ Bold 9900 and OLDER (no OS10 support other than manual keyed entry via secure web-browser, as of 6/18/13)
    Bluetooth Card Reader / Receipt Printer for Android, BlackBerry..

Alternative: For touchscreen notebook (Windows only):
    Magnetic USB Card Reader / Swiper for PC Windows Computers
    Charge Anywhere Hardware Solutions to Enable Mobile Payments
    Deals:
    Accept Credit Cards Payments from Mobile Phones | Mobile Payment App Solution Bundle
    Other info:
    20 Reasons to use CHARGE Anywhere�
    CHARGE Anywhere announces mobile payment app for BlackBerry OS7 | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry Live: CHARGE Anywhere Launches EMV MPOS Solution at BlackBerry Live - BerryVerse.com - The 1st BlackBerry Universal Community

All Wireless Networks Supported: We support Verizon Wireless (CDMA), AT&T (GPRS), Sprint (CDMA), T-Mobile (GPRS) and Velocita (Mobitex) wireless networks in addition to IP, Wi-Fi and Dial-up Terminals.
    They are “Processor Neutral”--certified w/ all major processors.

MerchantAnywhere:
    Accept Credit Cards Anywhere on your Blackberry Mobile Phone
    • FULLY SUPPORTS BB DEVICES—OS4.5 - OS10 (“OPTIMIZED” for Bold series and certain other models)
    • They don’t outsource their tech support for hardware/software issues
    Accept Credit Cards Anywhere on Palm, Pocket PC, Nextel, or Blackberry
    • Higher rates compared to others but don’t need to pay for months where it isn’t being used.
    • 24hr support

Flagship ROAMpay:
    ALSO KNOWN AS (re-sellers):
    Merchant Payment Services
    PaymentMax

Compatable devices:
    http://www.roamdata.com/sites/defaul...ed-devices.pdf
    NOTE: DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE FOR BB —talked to ROAMPay rep on 6/18, ssaid they’ve had reports of BB’s having bugs with their setups. NO OS 10 compatability. No “store forward” feature in any other POS devices!

EQUIPMENT: Credit Card Machines

MIXED REVIEWS: A Personal Review of ROAMpay – The Mobile POS ◀ Merchant Processing Resource

MORE REVIEWS (search): https://www.google.com/search?q=roam...w=1024&bih=600

BAD REVIEWS: Square, Intuit, or RoamPay - Which do you use and pros/cons please - Discussions - Etsy Teams - Page 3

Co RESELLER website: Flagship Merchant Services is TopTenREVIEWS 2013 Gold Award Winner
    MOBILE WIRELESS device (ROAMpay): Free ROAMpay Credit Card Reader
    OTHER devices: Credit Card Machines

Co site (no sales/cust svc for merchants, only vendors): ROAM | powering mCommerce

Manual: http://www.roamdata.com/sites/defaul...User_Guide.pdf

Leaders:
    If using a device other than iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc) their service is PARTNERED WITH ROAMPAY and uses their network to provide accessibility to Blackberry and other devices besides iOS.
    Touchscreen PC POS alternative: LEADERS Merchant Services - #1 Credit Card Processing Company
    “No out of pocket expense” + “free equipment” to get started.

EQUIPMENT:
    Credit Card Processing Equipment - #1 Credit Card Processing Equipment

Chase Paymentech:
    Still hasn’t gotten back to me regarding BB-compat. solution or for tablet other than possible web-based keyed-entry interface. (Unknown)

Verifone:
    Payment Solutions & POS Solutions : Official VeriFone US Site
    Awaiting reply w/ info from rep as of 6/18—still no reply.
    VERIFONE REVIEW (+ Intuit too!):
    http://mashable.com/2010/10/14/accep...bile-payments/

Kudos:
    (includes merchant acct)
    New Credit Card Acceptance Tool is Boon for Micro Merchants | BusinessNewsDaily.com
    ONLY COMPAT w/ OLDER BB DEVICES (OS6 AND PRIOR)

OTHER setups for other (less secure) OS’s and ones to AVOID:

SwitchPay:
    Accept Credit Cards on iPhone, iPad, and Android
    Smartphone compatability list: Compatible Devices - SwitchPay
    Can’t really use this either--THEY’VE STOPPED SUPPORTING *NEWER* BB DEVICES/OS (ANYTHING OVER OS6) JUST LIKE MOST OTHERS! Though seems like viable option for other platforms.

SquareUp (iOS + Android):
    Square Review & Complaints

NOTE: SEEMS GOOD FOR INDIVIDUALS PRIMARILY, NOT FOR EST. BUSINESSES OR ON-GOING BASIS--NOT PCI-compliant hardware, and on platform with inferior securty. Not using your own merchant account so must inform client what their statement will say to avoid issues. Not very professional method of payment, nor adequate for secure payment. Temp-use at best in very beginning for individual use.

Only worth it to use if doing LESS THAN $2002.00 per mo in sales and PRIMARILY dealing with legitimate businesses for clientele, then their “auto-fraud” protections wont kick in and cause the massive problems that ALL of the bad reviews below are showing. This is also why all the small individual retailers on Etsy.com are RAVING about the Square w/ virtually no problems.
    Relatively small transactions and low totals—for business--per mo = NO ISSUES
    ALSO: Back up power packs available, since device can suck power. Take phone into store (Best Buy has a wide range of packs as did Office Depot) and make sure you are getting one that will work with your phone. The Square app can drain your phone power and having a back-up "juice pack" may be needed at times. Price between $20-$45.

XLNT Reviews: Square, Intuit, or RoamPay - Which do you use and pros/cons please - Discussions - Etsy Teams

BAD Reviews: Square Review & Rating | PCMag.com (SEE COMMENTS SECTION!!)

Merchant Warehouse:
    NO LONGER SUPPORTING BB’s
    MerchantWARE Mobile for Blackberry
    Possible viable option for other platforms.

CellCharge: AVOID! (too scammy! FAQ section’s all-positive “reviews” are mostly/all FAKE, blackhat bot-posters)
    FAQ | Cell Charge

PhoneSwipe: AVOID!
    Bad record of customer service and has had problems with data-security and getting clients their $$!

More related links
    merchant payment services - Fresh Air Forum
    http://forums.crackberry.com/archive...?t-702135.html
    Last edited by Berrysmoothy; 08-01-13 at 12:37 PM.
    07-31-13 11:17 PM
    I don't pay with my phone!
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-01-13 10:09 AM
    This is for POS (point-of-sale) for BUSINESS OWNERS to provide mobile card-payment methods for their customers using their own Blackberry devices.

This has nothing to do with you paying for things with your own phone.

I don't pay with my phone!
    Last edited by Berrysmoothy; 08-01-13 at 11:18 AM.
    rthonpm likes this.
    08-01-13 11:08 AM
    This is for POS (point-of-sale) for BUSINESS OWNERS to provide mobile card-payment methods for their customers using their own Blackberry devices.

This has nothing to do with you paying for things with your own phone.
    OOPS!!!! Sorry
    08-01-13 11:27 AM
    Okay, so if I need to use this service about 3 months out of the year, and I have a playbook and a Z10, which service would you recommend? A friend suggested Intuit, but I read that it wasn't compatible... I am a bit perplexed by the whole thing. Thanks in advance!
    10-19-13 09:59 PM
    Is this EMV certified and if so, 1 or 2?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:04 PM
    I commend you on all the hard work and research.
    Canadians might I suggest : e-Select plus Mobile App Mobile Payment App
    OR for a complete stand alone solution: Pin / POS Pad Solutions
    Moneris has some very good solutions, EMV level 1 and 2 compliant and PCI PED approved, the iPP320 supports the latest international security algorithm for additional peace of mind.
    10-19-13 10:26 PM
    I am in the US. Any ideas for this location?
    10-20-13 08:59 AM
    In your research, have you come across anything that is supporting BB Z10? I refuse to switch to iPad!
    04-17-14 06:02 PM