I've got a RoadRunner email account that doesn't support encryption. If I add that email account to my 9930 will that be secure? Is the RR email any less secure than my gmail account?

I know this topic has been discussed before but I could not find a definitive answer. Some people say it's secure, others say it's not.

thx
    Last edited by lenn5; 01-06-12 at 02:08 PM.
    01-06-12 01:45 PM
    I am unfamiliar with RR, but all email on a BlackBerry is secure
    RIM's #1 selling point is security
    01-06-12 02:11 PM
    Thx for the reply.

Some people posted that BES is secure but BIS only uses the carrier's encryption.
    01-06-12 02:30 PM
    Some people posted that BES is secure but BIS only uses the carrier's encryption.
    That's my understanding of it. If you send an email from your BlackBerry and it makes its way to
    RIM's servers, even if it has additional encryption at that point, it would still have to be decrypted before it's sent out to the recipient's email account to be accessed at his computer terminal. How else could he read it? For meaningful end to end BlackBerry to BlackBerry encryption, you need BES. Then the encryption keys will live on the BES that both devices are tied into.
    01-06-12 02:38 PM
    How about using email on a BB while on a open wi-fi network? Is everything including passwords sent in the clear?

lenn
    01-06-12 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD