Where is Kevin with all the secrets at Rim? Can we hear more about his experiences? ...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 10:32 AM
    who's Kevin?
    what secrets at Rim?
    sounds intriguing, I think I'd like to know the answers to given question myself.
    07-19-11 11:45 AM
    who's Kevin?
    that's a big LOL
    but than again, maybe you are new here

http://crackberry.com/blog/kevin-michaluk

Kevin, founder and owner of crackberry.com
    Last edited by PsyCorps; 07-19-11 at 12:07 PM.
    diegonei and klondikeee like this.
    07-19-11 12:04 PM
    not sure there are many secrets to be told...
    07-19-11 06:59 PM
    07-19-11 07:02 PM
    that pc needs some work
    kevin was there, waterloo. ya theres a nda, I would have been happy if kevin told us that yes from what he saw RIM gets it and understands us. we still have zero answers. i was so looking forward to that pc. its just sad. sorry.
    07-19-11 07:23 PM
    I'm here!! Geez.. think I made five posts on the blogs yesterday.

Per Shao's suggestion above, definitely listen to the podcast for the minute by minute play of what went down in Waterloo.

Re: secrets. Yeah, there's a lot I can't talk about... but there's also a lot of stuff I can probably say if you pose me a question. So start asking questions here and I'll answer what I can.

Still have some followup posts to come on the blogs. They won't necessarily be unveiling secrets, but will at least follow up on some of my experiences and observations in Waterloo. Stay tuned!
    07-20-11 07:36 AM
    What is the holdup on getting the playbook basic functionality?

Why can't it have an email app that users that don't own a blackberry can use since there is no need for them to go thru RIM's NOC? I even as a blackberry owner do not even care to get email on my phone as I get no important emails. But it would be nice to have a native email app on the playbook to use.

Are they having such trouble trying to please both the consumer and corporate/government world that they are failing at both? It sure is looking that way.

I hope they get their transition right because I do like the phones and want to see them survive in the consumer world but they really need to have features that a consumer can use and IT can disable with their policy rather that leave features off because companies don't want them.
    07-20-11 08:12 AM
    @Kevin is sprint really getting a torch like device?

07-20-11 08:26 AM
    @kevin: Speaking as a consumer, and not as a crackberry addict, do you have faith in RIM after visting them in the 'loo? If you had the cash, would you invest in RIMM?
    07-20-11 08:46 AM

Per Shao's suggestion above, definitely listen to the podcast for the minute by minute play of what went down in Waterloo.

Re: secrets. Yeah, there's a lot I can't talk about... but there's also a lot of stuff I can probably say if you pose me a question. So start asking questions here and I'll answer what I can.

Still have some followup posts to come on the blogs. They won't necessarily be unveiling secrets, but will at least follow up on some of my experiences and observations in Waterloo. Stay tuned!
    In your opinion which phone will hit the US first and what carrier?
    Did you see any prototype qnx superphones?

Any additional features that will be on the new phones we are not aware of?

07-20-11 08:50 AM
    Did you not not see a form of real-time operating system on a cellular telecommunication device?
    07-20-11 08:54 AM
    What I was wondering for the last few weeks, Kevin: did you see the executive toilets when you visit waterloo and is there a stand for a playbook in the stalls ?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-20-11 09:19 AM
    What I was wondering for the last few weeks, Kevin: did you see the executive toilets when you visit waterloo and is there a stand for a playbook in the stalls ?
    Great question.....
    07-20-11 10:18 AM
    Has it stopped snowing everywhere in Ontario yet?

07-20-11 11:12 AM
    100 degrees F with the humidity here in London, Ont supposed to get up to 106+ tomorrow
    07-20-11 11:21 AM
    Kevin, wtf is with 2 patches in 2 days messing up devices? Is this employee backlash at RIM for the layoffs? Corporate Espionage? Or is the testing department just plain old stupid?
    07-20-11 01:49 PM
    Yes, are the programmers at RIM incapable of updating anything without breaking something else in the process?
    07-20-11 01:51 PM
    Where is my Bold 9930?
    07-20-11 01:54 PM
    Ah, at first I thought this thread might get an answer from Kevin, but with the recent posts I am starting to doubt that.
    07-20-11 01:59 PM

1. Why is RIM so silent on when feature key features will be available on the Playbook? It is out now so holding back this info isn't really going to make a competitor do something. All the silence has accomplishing is having the early adopters sell their Playbooks and not getting good word of mouth. I had someone ask me if they should buy one and I said if they don't need something now wait because RIM hasn't delivered on a lot of things yet (native e-mail/PIM, native SDK, major apps). I love mine, but can't recommend it at the moment because RIM seems to be focused elsewhere and has a lot of gaps in the product.

2. Why does it only seem like RIM can do one thing at a time? No phones through the Playbook launch, Playbook seemingly ignored (minor updates, facebook, a video client to nowhere, and patch fixes) while they are trying to get OS7 devices out. It seems like the Tablet OS multitasks way better than RIM management.

3. What is the top item that is delaying major features being put out to the Playbook? Crypto kernel approval, lack of resources..... Just tell us so we at least have a reason. Right now it seems that they just don't care much about the platform or the early adopters.

That's a start. RIM's communication sucks, and the podcast didn't provide much information that isn't already out there because most you can't talk about. I understand NDA's, but RIM's total silence isn't helping them at all. Look at the amount of hype that Apple generates with controlled leaks.
    07-21-11 09:27 AM
    Secrets only last for so long.... look at the iphone 4, and how it was "found" at a bar
    07-21-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD