ITTPS

It's The Track Pad (and real keyboard) Stupid!

Don't cheat yourself by allowing phone manufacturers to save money by giving you a piece of glass instead of a real keyboard and trackpad!

Here's why:

One hand, one thumb navigation!!!!!!
    Try that with any other glass face phone. Hint( your thumb can't cover the whole screen)

Trackpad:

Only with a trackpad are you not REQUIRED to use the touchscreen to navigate anywhere you want to go, meaning you can use one hand.

Think about it.

While the touchscreen is (was) a fun novelty, it actually requires extra work for most input functions other than scrolling.

With a touchscreen only device:

• You have to be careful not to accidentally click an item when you just meant to scroll, while with a trackpad a click is differentiated from a tap by the extra positive action of pressing the pad
    • You have to pinch zoom for precise cursor placement in text fields, or touching a link, with a trackpad you simply move over one space or one link.
    • You HAVE to hold the device with two hands, to poke at areas of the larger screen area, with a trackpad you use the thumb of the same hand that is holding the device, and barely move your thumb.
    • With a real keyboard instead of glass, you can feel positively when you are on the correct key without looking to be sure you did not miss and hit the key next to it.
    • With the dedicated call, menu, escape (back) and call end keys, for these most often used functions, you will always know where they are and what they do! and you can use them all with one hand without even looking. That's gold to me.

This is why no other phone will ever ever do.

You can have your apps, just give me a reliable phone that performs the basics well. After all, it's a phone, not a Cray super computer.

And for OS10 don't let them get away with saving THEIR costs by giving up OUR physical keyboard and trackpad like they did on the Playbook!!!

Long live RIM!
    Last edited by PheonixSun; 07-06-12 at 07:27 PM.
    07-06-12 07:03 PM
    Why are you making multiple threads? You should've just kept it all in one.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-06-12 07:08 PM
    Should be the "second reason" not the second single reason. If there was a single reason, there would only be that one reason to buy a BB. If there are multiple reasons, it makes more sense.

And like the above poster said, stick to one thread.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    07-06-12 07:09 PM
    Different subjects different threads.

Wow. Anal people in here.

So sorry to offend your sensibilities .. have anything to contribute?

Ok back to the subject.
    Last edited by PheonixSun; 07-06-12 at 07:16 PM.
    07-06-12 07:13 PM
    Keep it up OP. It's nice to see someone loving their BB. I know I'm loving my 9900 almost a year after buying it
    07-06-12 07:14 PM
    This is how I feel about my 9900. Full-touch devices are simply too annoying for me to use as a daily driver.
    07-06-12 07:25 PM
    9810 is a great device that is for sure. The trackpad is like a mouse but better.
    07-06-12 07:43 PM
    Different subjects different threads.
    Looks like the same subject to me. You made one thread about one reason a BB and can't be equaled and another for another reason a BB can't be equaled. You simply could of had a "Simple reasons BB devices will never be equaled". Instead you used two threads for the same topic when you could have made 2 posts in one thread.

Wow. Anal people in here.
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

So sorry to offend your sensibilities .. have anything to contribute?

Ok back to the subject.
    You are not offending anyone. Simply put, moderators usually lock threads like this (I mean, even the thread titles are almost exactly the same) or merge them. I'm trying to be helpful by telling you to consolidate so things stay nicer and you will probably get a better discussion that way.

And I will contribute. I do not like track pads and never have. I use a touch screen and I have perfected the use to the point where I am extremely accurate without the use of a trackpad. I hope the next BB I have does not have one. The less moving parts the better.

With a touchscreen only device:
    You have to be careful not to accidentally click an item when you just meant to scroll, while with a trackpad a click is differentiated from a tap by the extra positive action of pressing the pad
    Double tap and pinch to zoom. Done. Faster than a trackpad from my experience.

You have to pinch zoom for precise cursor placement in text fields, or touching a link, with a trackpad you simply move over one space or one link.
    No, you don't. On iOS there is a magnifying glass and on Android you move the cursor to the exact spot, almost like using a trackpad.

You HAVE to hold the device with two hands, to poke at areas of the larger screen area, with a trackpad you use the thumb of the same hand that is holding the device, and barely move your thumb.
    Only if you have small hands do you have to do this. I am 5'9 and have a Galaxy Nexus (4.5inch screen). I operate my device one handed 75% of the time. Again, this depends on the person.

With a real keyboard instead of glass, you can feel positively when you are on the correct key without looking to be sure you did not miss and hit the key next to it.
    With the dedicated call, menu, escape (back) and call end keys, for these most often used functions, you will always know where they are and what they do! and you can use them all with one hand without even looking. That's gold to me.
    I'll take less moving parts any day. My email, phone and messaging app is in my dock anyways. It is on whatever homescreen I am on. All I have to do to get to it is leave an app. I know where the icon is at all times.

I prefer not having a send and end key. I can't tell you how many times I accidentally forgot to lock my device and called people (pocket dial). I like looking at the phone when I go to call someone. I looked even when I had my 8330, 9000 and 9700s.
    Last edited by avt123; 07-06-12 at 07:53 PM.
    07-06-12 07:51 PM
    Like mention you can make 1 thread about everything that makes the blackberry best for you.

FYI...they are ditching the trackpad
    07-06-12 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD