Is there a way in �advanced search� to search on text in the message body of all mail folders? I see how to select a specific folder to search in, but can I search all my mail folders at once?
    09-14-11 08:17 AM
    What OS are you using? (I'm assuming OS6 since you have the Torch, but wanted to be sure). In the email Search function in OS5 there's the ability to search for "whatever text you enter" in the Message and then also to choose "All Folders" or a specific folder through a drop-down menu.

Also, I'm not sure if Universal Search searches email message bodies, but maybe someone else will confirm.
    09-14-11 08:33 AM
    What OS are you using? (I'm assuming OS6 since you have the Torch, but wanted to be sure). In the email Search function in OS5 there's the ability to search for "whatever text you enter" in the Message and then also to choose "All Folders" or a specific folder through a drop-down menu.

Also, I'm not sure if Universal Search searches email message bodies, but maybe someone else will confirm.
    I am on OS7 with a 9930, sorry I forgot to update my profile. When go to advanced search the drop down for �folder� does not offer an �all folders� option. I can select a specific folder like �inbox� or a sub-folder I have created. I cannot seem to find a way to search all of the folders
    09-14-11 08:56 AM
    Hi krwilkins,

Could I ask why you are using the Advanced Search to do this? If you use the normal search bar it should give you results from all subfolders.
    09-14-11 09:11 AM
    Hi krwilkins,

Could I ask why you are using the Advanced Search to do this? If you use the normal search bar it should give you results from all subfolders.
    I may have this wrong but it appears to me the normal search only searches in the subject and address fields, although it does search all sub-folders. I�m attempting to search for text in the message body, the only way I see to do that is through advanced search.

Am I missing something?
    09-14-11 09:40 AM
    Ah, I see the problem. No, I can't get my device to do what you are asking it to do. I cannot do a message body search through an entire folder tree.
    09-14-11 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD