My dad purchased a Tour today from Verizon, transfered all info over to the new device, everything went fine. The only problem I have is that those who are on AT&T are not receiving SMS messages he is sending. If he sends me a SMS, I get it right away. I'm aware of delays between different carriers, but I can SMS contacts on AT&T and they send/receive very quickly. I had him re-register the Host Routing Table again, but that did not seem to help. Anyone else have this same issue?
    09-14-09 02:01 PM
    My dad purchased a Tour today from Verizon, transfered all info over to the new device, everything went fine. The only problem I have is that those who are on AT&T are not receiving SMS messages he is sending. If he sends me a SMS, I get it right away. I'm aware of delays between different carriers, but I can SMS contacts on AT&T and they send/receive very quickly. I had him re-register the Host Routing Table again, but that did not seem to help. Anyone else have this same issue?
    Did he switch from another carrier? If he did it takes the other carriers a few
    hours to recognize that the number is on a new carrier.
    09-14-09 02:03 PM
    I've had this problem before. Its a long explanation pin me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 02:03 PM
    Did he switch from another carrier? If he did it takes the other carriers a few
    hours to recognize that the number is on a new carrier.
    Yes, he swithed from AT&T to Verizon...
    09-14-09 02:05 PM
    I have the same issue but with BBM-I have been trying to send messages to him and he isn't receiving them. Vzw is saying it's AT&T and they are telling him it's Vzw. I know one uses data and not the other. I wish I could help but I am in the same boat.
    BBM is strictly data running through RIM servers. Usually the carriers have
    nothing to do with it. Mostly it matters how good the coverage the carrier is
    providing for the data.
    09-14-09 02:05 PM
    Yes, he swithed from AT&T to Verizon...
    That's the answer then. It takes a few hours for the carriers to recognize it bro.

Sometimes a few hours or even up to a day.
    09-14-09 02:06 PM
    That's the answer then. It takes a few hours for the carriers to recognize it bro.

Sometimes a few hours or even up to a day.
    Right on, that was the only issue I had with the transfer of devices and carriers. Many thanks bro...
    09-14-09 02:10 PM
    Right on, that was the only issue I had with the transfer of devices and carriers. Many thanks bro...
    No prob.
    09-14-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD