My husband's 8100 blackberry scroll ball will not scroll down, it will go sideways left and right and it will go up but NOT DOWN!!!!

Now I have tried to update the software but I cannot get loader.exe to load on my computer!?!?! No, I mean this file does not exist on my computer. I have uninstalled and installed desktop manager 8 times or more, yep I am a die hard!

So how do I fix the scroll?
    How can I get loader.exe onto my computer

Please help me and thank you for being so kind and taking your time to help. Bobncat
    03-03-09 07:41 AM
    maybe you should try and pop out the trackball and clean it??
    More than likely it has nothing to do with the software, but something like maybe dust in the ball area.
    03-03-09 08:05 AM
    I've had this happen a few times and it has been a case of something was blocking it. I just had to press the scroll ball a couple times (like you're selecting something) and it worked fine after that. Hope this helps!
    03-03-09 08:06 AM
    Pop the ball out, carefully take apart the housing, and clean the rollers. You probably just have some gunk in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:08 AM
    Pop the ball out, carefully take apart the housing, and clean the rollers. You probably just have some gunk in there.

Any good instructions on CB to clean the trackball. I called tech support and they freeked out when I asked how to pop the trackball out for cleaning.

03-11-09 02:00 PM
    Here are some simple how to's

How To: Remove And Clean A BlackBerry Trackball Without Destroying/Dismantling Your BlackBerry | NationLink Wireless

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

The first link will tell you exactly how to put the ring back in. I get a few pm's asking where the blank spot goes (missing tab) in relation to the BB
    03-11-09 02:27 PM
    I too had something blocking my trackball. I just clicked down on the ball a few times and that dislodged whatever was blocking it. Mine has been fine ever since. Maybe that will work for you too?
    03-11-09 02:46 PM
    Before you do all that, turn the device trackball-down, then work the trackball around vigorously in all directions. Press down on it and roll it around a bit, too.
    03-11-09 03:08 PM
    Hey everyone...I have been slippin.
    I know that those instructions don't work for the 8900 Javelin / Curve, so I have made a new How To:
    How To: Remove And Clean An 8900 Javelin/Curve BlackBerry Trackball and/or Bezel | NationLink Wireless
    03-24-09 12:23 PM
    1. Spray a decent amount any alcohol based deodorant on a flint free cotton cloth like a handkerchief or Napkin
    2. Hold the phone face down (To avoid the liquid from entering the phone and to let the debris onside get out)
    3. Wrap the sprayed part of the cloth around your index finger and gently press the trackball with the cotton cloth and roll it in all directions
    4. Spray more deodorant on the cloth if it gets dry and also press harder if it doesn't start rolling properly. Could take a couple of minutes or more depending on the amount of debris inside.

Works like a charm! Hope this helps!
    04-15-10 02:40 AM
    Every little bit of information helps and this might have been described by someone else on a similar thread but I've found that if you remove the trackball component, that without taking it apart, you can use a micro screwdriver or a threading needle and push it under the small metal tongue on the bottom side of the scroll ball box. There's a bunch of dust and dirt in the downward direction underneath that metal tongue and you can pick it out with the head of the needle. My scroll ball works like no other now!
    06-19-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD