I have a blackberry curve 8520 but I think something happened last night that screwed up the screen. The phone still totally works, I can recieve calls and texts and use the camera but all the screen shows is white with some sketchy black lines on it so I can't actually USE it.

I tried soft/double soft reset and taking out the battery... is there anything else that would fix it?
    11-18-10 05:52 AM
    Did you drop the phone? Need a little more info than that. You can try to reloading the OS to the phone to see if that helps or it sounds like it could be a hardware problem.
    11-18-10 06:53 AM
    Sorry, yeah I did drop it. I've been doing a little research and I guess the only thing I can do is get the screen replaced? Is that expensive?
    11-18-10 10:04 AM
    If youre pretty technically inclined and can follow these step by step instructions then it should be pretty simple.

A new screen can be purchased here for pretty decent price if you want to do it yourself. If not then take it to your local carrier or a cell phone repair shop.
    BlackBerry Curve 8520/8530 OEM LCD screen - 007/111 - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile Accessories |
    11-18-10 03:04 PM
    Thank you so much! I think I'll be able to do it myself. Last question... I was looking on ebay for replacement lcd screens but there are different kinds of them for the 8520? Like the numbers that are like 005/004 or 007/011 etc. How do I know which one is the one I need for my phone? My phone is from Fido in Canada if that makes any difference.
    11-21-10 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD