Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 119
Like Tree209Likes
  1. SWAT-ron2k11's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    66 Posts
    PIN
    2B66DFE2
    #51  

    Default

    This is amazing........ I will save up, i will preorder. This is huge i just hope they have this filed under patents. So this leak wont be copied by others. i would hate for a leak to destroy or cause them to fall behind.
  2. Rello's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,970 Posts
    PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)
    #52  

    Default

    Absolutely amazing.....this is all looking like it's coming together nicely. RIM is taking their time with this one. I imagine this isn't going to feel like an incomplete OS upon its release
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

    Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

    - Durrell
  3. illuminuldis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #53  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT-ron2k11 View Post
    This is amazing........ I will save up, i will preorder. This is huge i just hope they have this filed under patents. So this leak wont be copied by others. i would hate for a leak to destroy or cause them to fall behind.
    I agree. I'd hate for Apple to come out with iOS 6 and say they did all this stuff first (assuming iOS 6 launches first, which I also fear)
  4. illuminuldis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #54  

    Default

    Looks like DLNA is also fully supported in BB10's media player. Wicked cool. Certainly verifies what we saw in the teaser vid for BB10. Hopefully it's compatible with a bunch of different DLNA devices (unless, that is, RIM creates its own lifestyle accessories for BB10 eg. streaming devices)
  5. BlackBerry Owner 1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    180 Posts
    #55  

    Default

    Looking at the attention to detail that's kept throughout the leaks, These do seem real.

    But I guess we'll find out if the 4G playbook are announced and released next month (hopefully followed by an update for wifi playbooks!)
  6. BBB78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    285 Posts
    #56  

    Default

    after seeing all that came out of BBW and reading this thread I can't help but get excited. Neither android or apple have multi-tasking and app-integration down packed... BB10 on the other hand looks like it's got the right ingredients to make it happen... and there is still more to come... go RIM FTW!
    Back in Black!
  7. DaedalusIcarusHelios's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    #57  

    Default

    I continue to feel justified at my optimism for RIM's future regarding their new platform. Anyone that thinks RIM doesn't innovate is simply uninformed.
  8. mssca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    #58  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darlaten View Post
    And your point would be?
    Simple, RIM need to get support from companies like Skype or they should sell their company. If you love BBs because of the physical keyboard, the first OS 10 devices will not have that. To counter it, RIM must get app support.

    I wanted a Playbook, but didn't get one due to lack of app support. Same goes for BB 10 because I don't think OS 6/7 app will work on these new phones anyway. It is nice to see here that dedicated RIM fans like any other fan will love what ever RIM sells(even if it is a pile of rocks with RIM logo painted on it). I am not the only one who think this. Look at your great RIM company's shares right after this BB 10 Alpha was released!!!!

    The specs posted here are far cry from what most smartphone can do with apps these days.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
  9. Bacalao4556's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #59  

    Default

    Is it me or the alpha device and the BB London do not have a front facing camera?
  10. gregorylkelly's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,660 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts
    #60  

    Default

    RIM's innovation was hindered by an outdated and restrictive OS that didn't allow for a lot of these features. It's not that RIM doesn't innovate (they innovated the smartphone for gods sake!) they were just handcuffed. Add Tat to the company the created the smartphone as well as QNX, and you have some true magic taking place. Tech people all over should be excited about BB10. It will truely be revolutionary!
    www.gbv.asia

    "Bridging the Gap" between your Company and Asia
    -Global Business Ventures - Proud supporters of all things BlackBerry
  11. greatwiseone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,731 Posts
    #61  

    Default

    There will be front facing camera on BB10 phones. Even if there is no Skype, you can still use blackberry's video chat software. Having a similar UI to Meego is good because lots of tech blotters actually like that UI. However, it looks like BB10 is taking it to the next level with the glancing function and the flow UI within apps. The key will be how the multi-tasking works. Is everything really running like Thor has said so? Hopefully we'll find out soon...
  12. mssca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    #62  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacalao4556 View Post
    Is it me or the alpha device and the BB London do not have a front facing camera?
    No I thought the Alpha device has a front facing camera.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    Thanked by:
    sf49ers (05-06-2012) 
  13. gregorylkelly's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,660 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts
    #63  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    Simple, RIM need to get support from companies like Skype or they should sell their company. If you love BBs because of the physical keyboard, the first OS 10 devices will not have that. To counter it, RIM must get app support.

    I wanted a Playbook, but didn't get one due to lack of app support. Same goes for BB 10 because I don't think OS 6/7 app will work on these new phones anyway. It is nice to see here that dedicated RIM fans like any other fan will love what ever RIM sells(even if it is a pile of rocks with RIM logo painted on it). I am not the only one who think this. Look at your great RIM company's shares right after this BB 10 Alpha was released!!!!

    The specs posted here are far cry from what most smartphone can do with apps these days.
    Go away! It is known that the shares dipped not because of what was announced at BB World, but because of what wasnt announced, a buyout or partnership. Investors have never cared about announcements made 7 months in advance. Leave this thread for some real excitement and stop trying to get reactions from happy BB owners.
    www.gbv.asia

    "Bridging the Gap" between your Company and Asia
    -Global Business Ventures - Proud supporters of all things BlackBerry
  14. mssca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    #64  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatwiseone View Post
    There will be front facing camera on BB10 phones. Even if there is no Skype, you can still use blackberry's video chat software. Having a similar UI to Meego is good because lots of tech blotters actually like that UI. However, it looks like BB10 is taking it to the next level with the glancing function and the flow UI within apps. The key will be how the multi-tasking works. Is everything really running like Thor has said so? Hopefully we'll find out soon...
    It's like saying, "that's OK none of the tax software in Canada works on a Mac, but I will still buy an expensive Mac for now. Then I will find a Windows computer at the library to file my tax online." There is always an excuse for a good argument.!
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-06-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
  15. Bacalao4556's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #65  

    Default

    I like what I see. I own a BB torch 9800 for almost two years now and I been wanting to get a new phone soon. I was thinking of getting the Nokia Lumina 900 but it seens BB10 looks very similar and, possibly, even superior that a Windows Phone. I might sit and wait a new BB phone.
    xiaohuaxing and BrizzadMan like this.
  16. mssca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    #66  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anastasiophan View Post
    Go away! It is known that the shares dipped not because of what was announced at BB World, but because of what wasnt announced, a buyout or partnership. Investors have never cared about announcements made 7 months in advance. Leave this thread for some real excitement and stop trying to get reactions from happy BB owners.
    I will leave the thread with one final note. I don't want to see RIM go under as a lot of Canadians will lose our jobs. But if we continue to support RIM without being critical, there will be no motivation for the RIM's management to do anything different. I personally know several top investors who talked to RIM about app issues including close friends.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
  17. maxohkc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #67  

    Default The other OS's

    Hi I'm new here and was actually never a fan of blackberry until i heard about the playbook, i loved the OS and now that they have a phone come out with a similiar OS I am very interested. I came from an iPhone and currently use an android device.. All these people who are saying there iPhone or android device already does it chances are it does it very very poorly. Both the iPhone and Android have questionable multi tasking, androids notification system is great but is plagued by poor battery life. The Blackberry OS takes from every great part of great OS's and improves upon them and combines them into one phone.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
  18. tdawg00's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #68  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxohkc View Post
    Hi I'm new here and was actually never a fan of blackberry until i heard about the playbook, i loved the OS and now that they have a phone come out with a similiar OS I am very interested. I came from an iPhone and currently use an android device.. All these people who are saying there iPhone or android device already does it chances are it does it very very poorly. Both the iPhone and Android have questionable multi tasking, androids notification system is great but is plagued by poor battery life. The Blackberry OS takes from every great part of great OS's and improves upon them and combines them into one phone.
    So whats the battery life of the new BB10 phones??? They dont exist yet, to compare. The 9900 has poor battery life and its not even running LTE. So just wait till your LTE enabled, 4 inch screen, dual core, BB10 phone comes out and then make that comment.

    I dont even understand your last line. Unless you are typing this in speculation of 6 months from now... Drawings does not equate actual performance
  19. freya09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #69  

    Default

    Skipping BlackBerry OS 7, will just wait for BB10

    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
  20. DaedalusIcarusHelios's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    #70  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacalao4556 View Post
    Is it me or the alpha device and the BB London do not have a front facing camera?
    It's you - the alpha device has a front camera.
  21. Acerfan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #71  

    Default

    That is going to be cool.
  22. zocster's Avatar

    Posts
    6,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,534 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD743B7
    #72  

    Default

    Nice stuff!
  23. sf49ers's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,247 Posts
    #73  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg00 View Post
    The 9900 has poor battery life and its not even running LTE. So just wait till your LTE enabled, 4 inch screen, dual core, BB10 phone comes out and then make that comment.

    where are you getting this from? BB9900 still has the best battery life compared to the competition but may not be the older berries but still the best. who said BB10 device doesn't exist already? yes it exists in some form i.e Playbook, with it's advanced multitasking capabilities and Adobe flash support the playbook has the best battery life.

    do you want anymore myths to busted?
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
  24. greatwiseone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,731 Posts
    #74  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    It's like saying, "that's OK none of the tax software in Canada works on a Mac, but I will still buy an expensive Mac for now. Then I will find a Windows computer at the library to file my tax online." There is always an excuse for a good argument.!
    I am just trying to say that it will have front facing camera because it will at least support RIM's own video chat software. At least there IS video chat, not like old bbos. I want Skype as much as anyone else, but I don't know how much resources Skype will give to rim, even if they are working on a BB10 version when wp only has a 1.0 Skype. Best bet for Skype to be on bb10 would be through the android app player. Hopefully microphone support for the Android run times will be added soon along with proper front facing camera access...if you listen to Alec's comments in his interview posted on YouTube at bb10 jam, it's often not just the company willing to work on a platform or not, but how they can fit development of a new app in their product roadmap.

    So yeah I want Skype too, but I am not that hopeful it will be on bb10 unless they are going the android runtime route.
  25. Darlaten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,714 Posts
    #75  

    Default

    I really love the pictures that have been leaked so far; this is certainly not the RIM OS that I've grown to know and utterly detest/despise. I am so thankful that I decided not to upgrade to OS 6.1 (i refuse to call it OS 7) as I will be the first in line to get the new BB10 when it comes out.
    The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions