okay.. new blackberry 8800.. i was fumbling around and downloading tons of games for it.. i downloaded an american pie naked run.jar thing.. made a .jad for it.. installed it on my phone.. and well.. its TOTALLY screwed me up... it wont let me connect to the network.. where the bar is on the top right of the screen it says SOS in red.. and it says that there is no sim card inserted.. the application doesnt show up on the application list... but the game icon is still on the menu.. ive tried the security options wipe handheld thing.. ive tried the 10 wrong passwords.. ive tried to clear all the data through the advanced back up when i connected it to my pc..

im kinda... SCREWED like.. seriously ._. ... so pleaaase help me.. please please please.. and i hope this is the right section it may not be but whatever.. im kind of just so desperate il try anything... :|

thanks
    06-20-09 04:57 PM
    Wipe the device with jl_cmdr and reinstall the OS. Here for jl_cmdr http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    Get OS 4.5.0.140 here http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/new...nguage-220337/
    Or you can get the OS from your providers site by going here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites I think vodaphone is using 4.5.0.124. Either one will work though.
    06-20-09 05:31 PM
    thanks SO much, u deserve ur title hehe :3 anyway.. il get right to it and try this to see if it works, thanks alot for the links
    06-20-09 05:32 PM
    No problem. Thanks for the kind words. Let me know how it goes. Welcome to CB.
    06-20-09 05:36 PM
    haha well.. the app is definetly removed.. but it still says insert sim card.. im going to try the sim card on another phone :| sitll not sure what the problem is i jsut asusmed it was the application as it seemed fishy that it wasnt on the app list.. :| is it possible that even after re installing the OS that the data fro mthe app could have remained? :|
    06-20-09 07:08 PM
    haha well.. the app is definetly removed.. but it still says insert sim card.. im going to try the sim card on another phone :| sitll not sure what the problem is i jsut asusmed it was the application as it seemed fishy that it wasnt on the app list.. :| is it possible that even after re installing the OS that the data fro mthe app could have remained? :|
    Its possible the virus could have zapped your memory card. Try getting the mini-sim card adapter and put it into your computer, re-format it, and put it back in. Then do a battery pull and let us know what happens.

Good luck!
    06-20-09 07:17 PM
    Its possible the virus could have zapped your memory card. Try getting the mini-sim card adapter and put it into your computer, re-format it, and put it back in. Then do a battery pull and let us know what happens.

Good luck!
    umm ._. hate to sound like an *****.. but.. what exactly is a battery pull? :|
    06-20-09 07:32 PM
    ok nvm googled it.. reformated it. .and did it.. to no avail :| still says insert sim :|
    06-20-09 07:52 PM
    new symptom.. the battery power says its 100% its stayed like that.. for.. well.. a while :| i dunno if thats wierd or not
    06-20-09 08:07 PM
    Easiest thing for you to do to fix this is to go to a carrier retail
    store and have them give you a new SIM card. Wiping the phone
    and reformatting the microSD card is of no use for your issue.
    06-20-09 09:14 PM
    I had this happen to my bold, coincidentally 36 hours after I did an OS upgrade. Had nothing to do with the software, I did everything that was suggested to you, nothing worked. I'm on ATT and it turned out to be a carrier issue. Still the same sim, same memory card, its been 2 months and it never happened again. So whatever ATT did, it game me the dreaded SOS bad sim message, it fixed itself in about 10 hours. Don't know how or why to this day. I have a Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 09:34 PM
    haha il wait a couple of hours to see if it works.. in the mean time i think il try another sim card to see if another works or its just my current sim.. may be my phone.. but im DREADING that.. :S

but i dont understand this.. its been several hours now.. the battery is stuck at 100% i know its not.. it cant be.. but thats what the status is saying.. is this normal?
    06-20-09 10:03 PM
    okay well i went to sleep, woke up, left my blackberry on and the battery still says its a t100% what would cause this? obviously thats not a sim related problem... even when i pop it into the charge it still says at 100% but theres a charge sign next to it :|
    Last edited by qdqswi; 06-21-09 at 04:52 AM.
    06-21-09 04:47 AM
    bump please pleas eplease help :|
    06-22-09 08:57 AM
    buuuuuuuuuuuuump
    06-23-09 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD