Hello All,
    Let me first say that I really love crackberry.com. I bought my Curve back in December so I am still a newbie. I can't tell you how helpful this site has been to someone who is new to BB.

Here is my question: most of the time I use the Leather Holster for my BB. If my phone is out of the holster (screen off) and I put it in the holster it turns the screen on for a split second. I assumed the BB is just acknowledging the internal magnet in the case. But here's the thing, when I end a call and place my BB back in the holster (the screen is on) it shuts off the screen and then comes back on again for a split second before going dark.

Does everyone experience this? It's not really a big deal it's just that I have seen other people putting their BB back into its holster and it doesn't do the same thing that mine does. I didn't know if it was a "sensitivity" setting that I could be adjusted?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!!!
    03-17-08 02:07 PM
    I just recently got the RIM holster for my 8130, and if I pull it out or put it in slow enough (which isn't too slow) it will do this. Now, if I slide it in really quick (with the screen on), the screen will turn off a moment later.

I don't think you have an issue, just the way the BB relates to the magnet in the holsters/pouches.
    03-17-08 02:55 PM
    Hello All,

Here is my question: most of the time I use the Leather Holster for my BB. If my phone is out of the holster (screen off) and I put it in the holster it turns the screen on for a split second. I assumed the BB is just acknowledging the internal magnet in the case. But here's the thing, when I end a call and place my BB back in the holster (the screen is on) it shuts off the screen and then comes back on again for a split second before going dark.

Does everyone experience this?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine does this too.
    03-17-08 03:00 PM
    You mean as you're slipping it into the holster the screen goes off, comes back on and then goes back off?

It's 'cause there's a magnet at the top of your holster (to allow it to close), when the magnet inside your BB (below your keyboard) 'sees' the top magnet it goes into standby, then as you slip it lower it comes into a magnet-free area and comes back on, only to be greeted by another magnet once it reaches the bottom.
    03-17-08 03:05 PM
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply!!

Adlen, would you think that I could remedy this by putting the BB in the holster faster?
    03-17-08 03:33 PM
    Yeah probably, It doesn't react too fast to the magnets sooo...

...it doesn't do it any harm though.
    03-17-08 04:31 PM
    Wierd. The leather case I had always put the bb to sleep. Same with the hard holster.
    03-17-08 05:27 PM
    Lush - it does put it to sleep (when i say off i mean the screen) but as the magnet inside the BB goes past the magnet-less leather part it comes back on.
    03-17-08 05:51 PM
    There are sensors in the top and bottom of the BB. That way it works if you put you BB in top or bottom first.
    03-17-08 07:17 PM
    Ah, so assuming one's BlackBerry device already has the screen off or is in "sleep" mode, the two magnets (top and bottom) would explain why the screen briefly switches back on...

I had been wondering about this, so it's perfect timing for you all to ask such a question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 06:43 AM
    same thing happens to me, but its of no harm to the device so i never worried about it!
    03-18-08 07:27 AM
    I don't like it doing it though. It's like the BB opening it's Bambi eyes to say "please don't let me go".
    03-18-08 11:27 AM
    Mine does it too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD