Dear CrackBerry members,

I'm one of the developers from I&N MobiSoft small software group. Our previous experience with mobile software was in Nokia Store, where we developed several apps for Symbian^3 and MeeGo platforms using Qt framework. Lately we've been excited (as many of you) by the BlackBerry 10 platform and started develop for it as well. There was a small learning curve to port apps from Qt/Qt Quick to Cascades platform, but it was worth it.

Some of you probably tried few of our apps in BlackBerry World already and we appreciate your constructive criticism and features request in comments. But what makes personally me depressed are the comments with notice of a bug. None in our small team is a psychic with a magic ball. So we cannot help you if you have any problem with the app and you don't write to our support e-mail. We cannot find you using your nickname in BlackBerry World, we cannot request your info from BlackBerry to contact you... Please, please, please before leaving a comment that includes any bug notice, take 1 (one) minute and send us a simple e-mail with short bug description. We'll reply you as soon as we can (usually within 24 hours) and follow up the bug resolution to be sure that what you've discovered will be fixed.

We had similar problems in Nokia Store and we hope to improve situation in BlackBerry World since you have such a wonderful community like CrackBerry. Thank you for your support and comments

P.S. abusive comments or comments like "this sh...t doesn't work" are blocked by BlackBerry automatically especially for all apps with Build for BlackBerry certification, since they are tested much more seriously. I'm saying this here just in case some of you wondering why his/her comment never appeared in BlackBerry World
    ctuffy, Snap51, Bobert_123 and 9 others like this.
    02-20-13 01:25 PM
    If I notice a bug, I always wait to rate until the bug is fixed and of course I notify the Devs by their contact information in BBW. The most recent being unable to install Neutron, just purchased it yesterday and wasn't able to install... I'll patiently wait for the fix and install and rate then. Thanks for your note I hope others will take note and follow these simple instructions.
    inmobisoft likes this.
    02-20-13 01:31 PM
    Unfortunately ratings of software tends to be hit and miss at best.... many times all you get is the negative as people are usually looking for a way to vent their frustrations.... many times it is not the apps issue... it is a user issue..... where ratings are good is when the majority likes it,,,odd are it is good software...
    02-20-13 01:39 PM
    Very correct request.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-20-13 01:43 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to develop natively for BlackBerry 10. I don't think I've seen any of your apps in BlackBerry World but I will be on the look out from this point onwards. I wish you the best of success and I'm sure your hard work will be rewarded in the end.
    02-20-13 01:46 PM
    Unfortunately ratings of software tends to be hit and miss at best.... many times all you get is the negative as people are usually looking for a way to vent their frustrations.... many times it is not the apps issue... it is a user issue..... where ratings are good is when the majority likes it,,,odd are it is good software...
    I agree that most of the time users leave negative comments and only few people also share their positive experience. And, indeed, in many cases problem is not with the app, but with downloading process, user's smartphone, etc. Just lately was discovered that all apps fixed in portrait mode take photos that are not automatically oriented properly after by the system. The native camera app does it almost properly (not working upside down orientation). It's not a problem of our app and we have no control over it, and yet we have already 2 negative comments about it. We cannot request for removal of those comments because issue exists even if it's not our error. We found a workaround and submitted the fix, now waiting for approval which takes longer for apps with Build for BlackBerry certificate. My only hope is that people should be a bit more patient and collaborative and less aggressive in expressing their frustrations. It's in everyone interest.
    02-20-13 01:52 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to develop natively for BlackBerry 10. I don't think I've seen any of your apps in BlackBerry World but I will be on the look out from this point onwards. I wish you the best of success and I'm sure your hard work will be rewarded in the end.
    Thank you for your kind words Not all rewards are about money (we all have well paid and interesting daily jobs)
    02-20-13 01:54 PM
    I appreciate your post very much. I think developing apps can be a lot like being the homeplate umpire...you can get the blame even when you did everything "right". Looking forward to checking out your apps when I get my new Z10.
    inmobisoft likes this.
    02-20-13 02:39 PM
    Thanks for the post and also for developing natively for Blackberry 10 I appreciate developers like your company, who have chosen to develop for our new platform.
    inmobisoft likes this.
    02-20-13 03:01 PM
    Do you mind sharing with us the name(s) of your app(s)?

Thanks!
    02-20-13 03:12 PM
    Do you mind sharing with us the name(s) of your app(s)?

Thanks!
    Here are they
    1) Color Mania - utility to work with colors in RGB/HEX/HSL/HSV/CMYK color systems (free)
    2) Filter Box - filtering app (exists demo version)
    3) Mono Art - app for b&w photography (exists demo version)
    4) E-Navigator - food additives reference (only paid version unfortunately, but not many people need it any way )
    Last edited by inmobisoft; 02-20-13 at 03:44 PM.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    02-20-13 03:19 PM
    Dont worry and keep it up !!
    02-20-13 03:39 PM
    Dont worry and keep it up !!
    Thanks Like your avatar
    02-20-13 03:45 PM