I have a new curve 8310 ebd it is getting scratches on the back of it. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, I have noticed a rubberized battery door available for the Curve. Does anyone have this? Do you like it? Sorry if this has been posted before. I'm a CB newbie. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 02:03 PM
    I just purchased the silicon skin for my 8830 and I like it so far.

03-02-08 02:51 PM
    Best Skins Ever Home Page
    Put it on, and you'll never have an issue, get a full body skin
    03-02-08 02:58 PM
    Best Skins Ever Home Page
    Put it on, and you'll never have an issue, get a full body skin
    Not buttons
    03-02-08 03:06 PM
    A rubber or silicon skin is wise for protection and it just looks good too.
    03-02-08 03:18 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I guess I'm gonna have to break down and get a "Best Skin Ever". I have heard nothing negative about them. I appreciate all the info!

03-02-08 05:49 PM
    I bought mine from blackberry.com for $10

03-02-08 06:15 PM
    Def get the rubber skins!!!
    03-02-08 08:53 PM
    i had the silicon skin and i didn't like it because it was difficult to get out of my pocket.....wahhhhhh
    03-03-08 08:54 PM
    I can't stand for my phone to be covered in any sorta of way... that's just me though.

It's like what's the point of having the phone if you're going to cover it up!?
    03-03-08 09:25 PM
    I agree - I love my BlackBerry being naked as I bought her!

+i don't like the added shine of BSE.

03-04-08 02:25 AM
    I agree with adlen. NAKED is the way to be! I bought a "best skins ever" they suck, I couldn't even get all of it on. I don't know what its designed to protect against, but certainly not the kind of abuse I put my cell phones through.

03-04-08 03:05 AM
    I agree - I love my BlackBerry being naked as I bought her!

+i don't like the added shine of BSE.

shine? i cant even tell i have a skin on it lol.
    03-04-08 04:53 AM
    I agree with adlen. NAKED is the way to be! I bought a "best skins ever" they suck, I couldn't even get all of it on. I don't know what its designed to protect against, but certainly not the kind of abuse I put my cell phones through.

they suck because you couldnt get the skin on? or you got the skin on and found it to be defective?

its supposed to protect it from scratches and abrasions from pockets, and scuffing around, it wont protect it from drops of course..
    03-04-08 04:55 AM
    I appreciate all the replies. I still have not bought anything. I'm using my BB without any kind of skin. I had bought some of those static cling screenguards and paid a good bit for them. They were terrible! I could not get them to stay on or get all the bubbles out. Right now I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope that I don't get any scratches on my screen. I may go for one of those rubber-like battery doors pretty soon though. Thanks again for the advice!

03-04-08 10:24 AM
    ..not just from me, but from many people on this site. The pre-cut skins are amongst the best available, expertly designed and cut, apply easily, and are made of the same material the military use to protect helicopter rotar blades. There is plenty of info. on their site including demos of the scratch resistance of there products etc etc.

There website invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Earlier thread about Invisible Shield products - amongst many on this site
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/inv...ne-have-10367/
    03-04-08 10:55 AM
    how about something like

I don't know..

a little like this: SUPER SLIM CRYSTAL HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY CURVE - CSC2YBB8300-CL

-db

that's what i use...and i am pretty rough on my toys...
    03-04-08 01:03 PM
    Yeah but the case adds so much bulk to a phone that's already a perfect size.

03-04-08 09:12 PM
    Yeah but the case adds so much bulk to a phone that's already a perfect size.

As an alternative, I think it looks pretty good, and to my mind more elegant than a full cover/leather monstrosity. Must say that wrapping/hiding the design qualities and improved look of a Blackberry seems a bit daft - - use it, admire it, keep it nice and shiny, and even if you do not cover it, if you take care of it, even after extensive use it will still look pretty good, and by then it will be time for an upgrade.

It's like buying a brand new red Ferrari and covering it with a protective $5 woolly blanket bought at Walmart - go proud and naked
    Last edited by Berryman; 03-05-08 at 10:05 AM.
    03-05-08 10:03 AM
    i use a crystal hard case. its better than the silicon one i think
    03-05-08 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD