Does anyone have a good way to remove surface scratches on the display screen. Thanks Mike
    07-29-08 01:25 PM
    i dont. but if you need a new one theyre cheap at cnn.cn. good luck. if its a small scratch or scratches you can put an invisible shield over the screen and you wont be able to see them.
    07-29-08 01:27 PM
    I've seen some products out there that claim to fix scratches. Some have also said that applying a BSE over a scratched screen will cover fine scratches pretty well.

I haven't tried neither method above since my screen has not bee scratched, so take it for what its worth.

I'd suggest you search the forum for "Scratch" and see what pops up.
    07-29-08 01:27 PM
    Ouch

There are a few ways that I have heard... most of which are similar to eye glass repair kits and CD repair kits!!

First, you could use an actual eye glass kit or CD repair kit! The material your LCD lense is made of is very similar to a CD.

Second, always use micro fiber clothes when cleaning or repairing.

Third, toothpaste and brasso. Both of those are tried and true. I have personally not used either.

I would finally recommend getting a BSE for your screen (Best Skins Ever). They hide minor scurface scratches when applied and provide outstanding protection
    07-29-08 01:28 PM
    Where can i purchase a BSE ????
    07-29-08 01:59 PM
    Thanks for your help and honesty.
    07-29-08 01:59 PM
    Thanks for all of your solutions. But i found that 3M makes a plastic polish.(Found in any major auto parts store) cleaned and removed 95% of the scratch. Hope this can help someone else.

Thanks again.
    08-30-08 07:14 PM
    I was looking for a good screen protector for my BB after my screen somehow got a small scratch on it. I ordered and installed a BSE and my screen looks brand new again - it completely hid the scratch! I couldn't be happier.
    08-30-08 07:35 PM
    I have used Brasso on an ipod. It DOES work! Just use a micro fiber cloth like the ones to clean glasses, wipe it on and scrub with the micro fiber and Brasso. The more you scrub, the more the scratch comes out. I had a few that were deep, and it got those out. My BB is scratch free, but i would use Brasso to clean it as well.
    08-30-08 08:27 PM
    Just an fyi, the may most products work to get scratches out is by thinning out the material around the scratch. Though I will be trying the 3M product mentioned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 08:31 PM
    I've used Displex scratch remover in the past and it worked for me.
    08-30-08 10:30 PM
    Just an fyi, the may most products work to get scratches out is by thinning out the material around the scratch. Though I will be trying the 3M product mentioned.

I agree, it polishes down the material down to the bottom of the scratches. Thats why they really wont work for really deep scratches. Do any of the other products work any other way? If one fills in the scratch then that would be great.
    08-31-08 12:49 PM
    How about some T-CUT?
    08-31-08 05:35 PM
    How about some T-CUT?
    What is T-CUT?? Never heard of it.. Ok, Google is great..lol I dont think that will work on the screen. Its a color fill in.
    08-31-08 06:26 PM
    check out a product called "applesauce".
    09-01-08 05:03 AM
    Thanks for the help. Just got my first scratch.

12-18-08 12:05 PM
    Contrary to what many folks here have mentioned, I personally have had no success using any polishing agents to remove scratches on my Pearl's lens. I have tried using toothpaste, plastic polish agents, and even have used a buffer wheel to try to remove scratches, and it always ended up making more of a mess. The scratch might be made more faint, but then you also end up slightly damaging the areas surrounding the scratch so that you end up creating blurry areas on the lens that look terrible/distorted when the screen lights up. The blackberry lens just does not really react well to polishing agents.

I finally had to get a replacement, and instead bought a BSE screen protector. I don't like the fact that it left a orange peel type look after applying it to the screen, but at least it hides scratches that were there before, and protects the screen from future scratches. The best would be if they just made a friggen scratch free lens in the first place, but I guess that's too much to ask.
    12-18-08 01:22 PM
    Scratches on screens drive me nuts, so do fingerprints (why I'm on a curve, not a storm). For $4.99 from cnn.cn you can get a full replacement lens... I'm not even going to worry about getting a screen protector for my phone once my invishield is worn out, since the good screen protectors cost a few times more than a new lens!
    12-18-08 02:34 PM
    Scratches on screens drive me nuts, so do fingerprints (why I'm on a curve, not a storm). For $4.99 from cnn.cn you can get a full replacement lens... I'm not even going to worry about getting a screen protector for my phone once my invishield is worn out, since the good screen protectors cost a few times more than a new lens!
    Are there instructions somewhere describing how to replace the lens? I have an annoying piece of dust on the inside of the lens. It is driving me nuts.
    12-18-08 03:39 PM
    I've had decent luck with small scratches using Mequiar's Scratch X that was made for cars
    12-18-08 08:27 PM
    I used this on my old Pearl and it is not effective. It made the screen worse. Here's why:

You know how when you get water or oil from your fingers on the screen it leaves those rainbow streaks from all the color pixels of the display? Well, when Displex fills in the cracks, it leaves this effect in the cracks PERMANENTLY! It really looks horrible in the end.
    Last edited by zarzamora_hermosa; 12-19-08 at 09:00 PM.
    12-19-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";