The Score app is no longer native but a android port instead!

Enjoy...

theScore is now an Android port!-img_20140604_132306.png
    theScore is now an Android port!-img_20140604_132243.png

Powered by BlackBerry!
    FrankIAm likes this.
    06-04-14 12:23 PM
    Wow, that hurts.. it's usually the other way around. Wth happened?
    06-04-14 12:25 PM
    Wow, that hurts.. it's usually the other way around. Wth happened?
    They stopped native development and decided to replace it with the latest android app lol...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-04-14 12:28 PM
    Probably easier for them to continue to update the android version and push updates to both stores.

They must feel that the android runtime is solid enough to move the extra features included in the android one to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 12:29 PM
    Probably easier for them to continue to update the android version and push updates to both stores.

They must feel that the android runtime is solid enough to move the extra features included in the android one to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I rarely see the android versions get updated after released.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-04-14 12:30 PM
    I rarely see the android versions get updated after released.
    So why do you support Android ports?
    06-04-14 12:59 PM
    Does the new Android runtime now allow for notifications from Android apps? I recall reading about the recent improvements, but don't recall whether that was one of them. And I can think of a few people off the top of my head who will be calling me soon for help if they stop receiving notifications from this app.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    06-04-14 12:59 PM
    Did the update and was hoping that the annoying red asterisk would finally disappear. Unfortunately, no luck at all and no responses from their support people.
    RednekHoser likes this.
    06-04-14 01:07 PM
    I'm all for Android ports, but this is a giant kick in the balls.... I use the score app every day, and loved that it was native and gives me alerts in the hub. I won't be using The Score app anymore
    Flatman and paulo_mealha like this.
    06-04-14 01:08 PM
    Damn hahaha I just opened a thread wondering about notifications. I'm not gonna delete the old one yet cuz I love the updates and notices I get. The app runs like crap and can't delete some of the notices buy I enjoy them none the less.
    06-04-14 01:08 PM
    Did the update and was hoping that the annoying red asterisk would finally disappear. Unfortunately, no luck at all and no responses from their support people.
    How could you have done the update, it is a new app, it creates a new icon, so if you are using the Score app right now, it will still be there, plus the updated one, and the updated one on my phone shows a red banner on the top of the app icon saying new
    NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    06-04-14 01:10 PM
    How do you guys know an app is an Android port or native? from the description? from the look of the GUI? BlackBerry World needs to just add a flag for this information.
    06-04-14 01:16 PM
    How do you guys know an app is an Android port or native? from the description? from the look of the GUI? BlackBerry World needs to just add a flag for this information.
    The look and functionality of Android ports are a dead giveaway, plus Android has a navigation bar at the bottom
    06-04-14 01:19 PM
    Maybe now it will work properly lol the BB10 version of the Score app pales in comparison to the BBOS legacy version. Stopped using it a while ago.
    Flatman, bigjman and RednekHoser like this.
    06-04-14 01:32 PM
    The second screenshot has the Android navigation bar with the left arrow at the bottom. That is the way to immediately tell its a port.
    06-04-14 01:33 PM
    Screw thescore they suck anyways, they're ******* lazy. Sportsnet is way better

Posted via CB10
    starboyforeal likes this.
    06-04-14 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ya but Sportsnet doesn't have push notifications
    06-04-14 01:42 PM
    I left them a 2 star review and tweeted them about it. Ridiculous!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:45 PM
    Thanks for that info. I didn't even notice the new icon. It's too bad that we'll no longer get the push notifications but I have the same thing set up through ESPN anyway via their text alerts and the only difference that I see, as a baseball fan, is that Score also had an option to tell you when the bases were loaded.
    06-04-14 01:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sportsnet owns the Score
    deezy87 likes this.
    06-04-14 01:55 PM
    Ya but Sportsnet doesn't have push notifications
    True... but with the old app thescore notifications seldom worked... and now with an Android port there will be none.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:56 PM
    I could have sworn that I had push notifications on my Score app when I was running the android apk :s
    06-04-14 02:00 PM
    It did but they didn't come through to us
    06-04-14 02:01 PM
    It did but they didn't come through to us
    Is there a workaround? How do some android ports (available in BlackBerry world) have notifications, while others do not?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:05 PM
    Hi all,

James from theScore here. Thanks for all the comments regarding the recent switch. We appreciate all the honest and forthright comments.

This update was designed to ensure Blackberry users are able to receive a great mobile sports experience that�s comparable to theScore on other devices, providing access to improved news, additional leagues and better all round performance and functionality. A full list of the new features, leagues and sports can be found here: https://thescore.uservoice.com/knowl...-blackberry-10

Unfortunately - as several of you have pointed out - technical restrictions relating to porting our Android app to the BB10 operating system means we are unable to effectively deliver Push Alerts as a result of this latest update. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, you can still follow all the latest scores, stats and news on the leagues, teams and players you care about in real-time through the Feed feature in My Score.

In terms of sticking with a native BB10 app, we have to make decisions around prioritizing the workload of our in-house development teams and currently their focus is primarily on our iOS and Android platforms. However, every effort is still made to ensure Blackberry users continue to receive a great mobile sports experience, which was the main reason behind us making theScore experience on Android available on BB10.

Finally - just to clarify - theScore is not owned by Rogers Sportsnet. They purchased the TV business in 2012, but the digital company (theScore, Inc.) remains independently run.

Thanks again for all the feedback. And if you want to reach out to our team directly with questions or any additional feedback you can do so anytime via thescoreapp(at)thescore(dot)com.

Thanks,
    James
    06-04-14 02:54 PM
148 123 ...