Ok, I know the thread title could be confusing. Here's what i am trying to do, find a way to set up a cradle for my blackberry in my scion xb (2005). I ordered a satellite to aux converter so that I can plug my phone in and use it for navigation, pandora and my music.

The only problem is that all the cradles I see are for the window (which is too far away), the cup holder (which is too far down low), the vents (which can't really work, because the scion has weird round vents).

Has anyone encountered any good solutions for this? I want it to look clean and nice. If anyone has done this, I would love to see photos!

Cheers,
    Philip
    06-04-09 01:06 PM
    Ok, I know the thread title could be confusing. Here's what i am trying to do, find a way to set up a cradle for my blackberry in my scion xb (2005). I ordered a satellite to aux converter so that I can plug my phone in and use it for navigation, pandora and my music.

The only problem is that all the cradles I see are for the window (which is too far away), the cup holder (which is too far down low), the vents (which can't really work, because the scion has weird round vents).

Has anyone encountered any good solutions for this? I want it to look clean and nice. If anyone has done this, I would love to see photos!

Cheers,
    Philip
    I would think a lot of people face this dilema...thanks for bringing it up.
    I have not done it yet, but, I was thinking of something along these lines...cutting a small hole through my headliner to insert a cradle base with a flexible neck and a quick release with the arm and phone clasp hanging down somewhere within my field of view; attaching the base of the cradle arm to the roof with epoxy and covering the hole in the roof panel with a bezel of some sort...the flexible neck would allow me to get the screen close enough to me so I could easily see it...and the quick release would alow me to remove the neck and phone clamp altogether leaving just the nub of the base protruding from the bezel....just a thought.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-04-09 at 01:21 PM.
    06-04-09 01:19 PM
    I would think a lot of people face this dilema...thanks for bringing it up.
    I have not done it yet, but, I was thinking of something along these lines...cutting a small hole through my headliner to insert a cradle base with a flexible neck and a quick release with the arm and phone clasp hanging down somewhere within my field of view; attaching the base of the cradle arm to the roof with epoxy and covering the hole in the roof panel with a bezel of some sort...the flexible neck would allow me to get the screen close enough to me so I could easily see it...and the quick release would alow me to remove the neck and phone clamp altogether leaving just the nub of the base protruding from the bezel....just a thought.
    Wow that sounds complicated, let me know if you do it - and I would love to see pictures! I'm not totally useless at these things, but this sounds like a fairly difficult process.
    06-04-09 01:35 PM
    Wow that sounds complicated, let me know if you do it - and I would love to see pictures! I'm not totally useless at these things, but this sounds like a fairly difficult process.
    the quick release with flexible necks are probably available...I'll do some looking around...the bezel deal would be similar to how your shower head comes out of the wall. if I can put down my Bold for long enough to do some actual work I'll let you know...
    06-04-09 02:02 PM
    ProClip Mounting System - Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts

Try this site out. I am about to order products from them for my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. Ive searched all over and have found nothing that comes close to what they have to offer. I am highly impressed.

I believe they have two different style mounts for your car.

06-04-09 02:22 PM
    ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts

Try this site out. I am about to order products from them for my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. Ive searched all over and have found nothing that comes close to what they have to offer. I am highly impressed.

I believe they have two different style mounts for your car.

Thanks, this is more what I'm looking for!

Cheers!
    06-04-09 03:48 PM
    that site is awesome. i have a PT Cruiser and it is damn hard to find a set up that works. there no room, but a ton of room. get my drift??
    06-04-09 08:22 PM
    I have seen car mount that bolt to your seat bolts (under your seat) and come up between the seats or between the seat and console. Maybe that would be an option for you. Sorry, I don't know where to point you but maybe someone else can? I have seen pictures of them on this site, maybe in a car mount thread? Sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck with your issue!
    06-04-09 09:01 PM
    there is a few suction cup holders that you are able to stick a small circular piece and then suction cup the holder to it..

from experience I can say that once your done with it something like goo gone gets the remaining sticky off after pealing the disk off..

I have seen these setups in many car shops and even at walmart..
    06-04-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD