Late last night I got the following email and now I wonder if it is a scam. At the end of the survey it asked if I knew there was an update to my phone. After saying no it took me to a site to get an update. I clicked it off and then checked under settings for an update and there was none. The following is the email:

Your feedback is important to us!

Hello,

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry�. We hope that you are enjoying the experience of owning a BlackBerry Smartphone. At BlackBerry, your opinion is extremely important to us, as we constantly seek to better understand the experiences of all our customers. To ensure we are continually improving your BlackBerry experience, we would like to invite you to share your thoughts on your current BlackBerry Smartphone.

If this is of interest to you, please take approximately 5 minutes or less of your time to answer our short survey - we'd greatly appreciate it!

Take the Survey

All results will be aggregated and kept anonymous unless you indicate otherwise in the survey. The information collected in this survey will be collected and processed on BlackBerry's behalf by Satmetrix Systems, a leading provider of customer experience management solutions. Please be assured that your individual responses will be used for product and service enhancement purposes only and your responses will be treated with the strictest confidence in accordance with BlackBerry?s privacy policy, which can be viewed at BlackBerry - BlackBerry.com Privacy Policy from Research In Motion (RIM) - US.

Many thanks in advance,

The BlackBerry Team

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

This email was sent to you by Satmetrix on behalf of BlackBerry�.

If you want to be excluded from future surveys and survey correspondence sent by Satmetrix on behalf of BlackBerry, as well as unsubscribe from future BlackBerry communications, you can unsubscribe with one click. You may also unsubscribe by writing to: Attn: Unsubscribe GBO, BlackBerry, 2200 University Avenue East, Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2K 0A7.

BlackBerry has a long-standing policy of protecting customer privacy. Please take a moment to read BlackBerry's Privacy Policy found here BlackBerry - BlackBerry.com Privacy Policy from Research In Motion (RIM) - US.

� 2013 BlackBerry Limited, 2200 University Avenue East, Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2K 0A7. All rights reserved. BlackBerry�, BBM� and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.

Is the above a scam?

Big Brother Hoards Your Data, stop the hoarding.
    09-16-14 09:25 AM
    I get numerous surveys from blackberry usually I complete them all. I haven't received this one.

I'm not sure what to tell you about this one. It's not usual for BlackBerry to tell you there is an update as usually the carrier pushes the updates

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-16-14 10:04 AM
    I received that this morning as well. I gave it the side eye. It seemed a little fishy to me. They've never sent me a survey or feedback email before.
    09-16-14 10:45 AM
    I received that this morning as well. I gave it the side eye. It seemed a little fishy to me. They've never sent me a survey or feedback email before.
    You should be on their email list if they are sending you anything. I think their is a check box when you sign into your BlackBerry ID about BlackBerry contacting you. BTW...it's not necessarily a bad thing.

About a month after the Z10 launch BlackBerry contacted me to be part of a focus group "My New Z10", they paid me almost 300.00 for about 4 hours of work. I'll give them feedback where ever I can...I want nothing but the best for the company...I live the underdog.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-16-14 11:03 AM
    I did the same survey buy I didn't dl anything.

I don't remember it asking any personal info so I'm not sure if it's an issue anyways

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:31 AM
    I am just wondering if the poll is a lead into incorrect software being installed in my PC or BlackBerry. I cannot see the BlackBerry being compromised but I can see the PC desktop software for BlackBerry being compromised.

Big Brother Hoards Your Data, stop the hoarding.
    09-16-14 11:59 AM
    </br> it's a trap!</br>

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:29 PM
    I sent them my credit card number and a naked selfie. Hope that was OK.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Carjackd and MobileMadness002 like this.
    09-16-14 04:36 PM

Thanks for the credit card number. Pay no attention to your statements for a while. I paid no attention to the naked selfie. I'm sending it back! No refund needed! ;-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    09-16-14 05:16 PM

Well don't worry, it's "safe" with BlackBerry. But if it was apple, it would've gone viral. But since it's BlackBerry, I'm sure they won't show it to anyone...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 05:34 PM