I'm trying to save music from my computer to my Curve 8330. I have installed an SD card, but I can't seem to find how I choose to save to the SD card as opposed to the phone itself. I'm a newbie if you haven't yet guessed and I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Robb
    05-20-08 08:45 PM
    You can either use the Desktop Manager --> Media Manager
    or
    You can enable "Mass Storage" mode and just drag and drop your music to the SD card.
    05-20-08 08:49 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

When you installed the card, you were prompted to format it. Once that has been done, you can connect to any computer with a miniUSB cable and treat it as any other drive.

You don't have to be concerned about device memory, Windows only sees the media card.
    05-20-08 08:51 PM
    I get the following message: "The media card is not available because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use."

I did format the card but was unable to get my laptop to recognize it, so I've been trying to use the Media Manager.
    05-20-08 09:12 PM
    You can't use Media Manager simultaneously with Mass Storage Mode. Exit from Media Manager and double-click My Computer on your PC desktop. The Blackberry Media Card should show up as a disk drive. You can drag and drop just like it was a USB disk.
    05-20-08 10:37 PM
    You can either use the Desktop Manager --> Media Manager
    or
    You can enable "Mass Storage" mode and just drag and drop your music to the SD card.
    Yeah, thats how i do it, as soon as you plug in the phone should ask if you want to go to Mass Storage mode.
    05-21-08 04:14 PM
    Does that mean the card must be for media or mass storage but not both? I ordered a card that should arrive soon. I'd like to use it for documents and media.
    05-24-08 04:36 PM
    Does that mean the card must be for media or mass storage but not both? ...
    The media card can be used by the BlackBerry or by the Computer. It is both, but not at the same time.
    05-24-08 05:23 PM
    can i save the address book in my sd memory card?
    05-24-08 08:15 PM
    No. At least, no as far as using it. You can store almost any file on the SD card, but you can't open them on the blackberry. So you can't use it as your address book if you store it there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD