I did my due diligence and tried searching for the answer but couldn't find exactly what I need help with....so....

When I have a crackberry.com ringtone email sent to my BB, I click on the link, Blackberry logos comes up and it says requesting info, then it asks if I want to open or save item, I click 'save'. Here's the problem: I want to save this mp3 to my sd card and NOT internal memory. After clicking save the default folder that pops up says, '...ackberry/ringtones/'. I don't think this is a folder for my sd card. When I scroll up to the folder and click trackball, it brings up a folder that says 'device memory'. What do I do from here to ensure that I save it to my sd card? Or am I going too far and making a mistake?

I know I'm not doing it right cuz I've downloaded 2 other mp3s and saved them to the original folder that came up and went to check my 'free memory' under status folder and both times after downloading I had less memory left, so I believe that both times the mp3 was downloaded to my internal memory.
    Last edited by Fabian43; 05-13-08 at 02:08 PM. Reason: bad title
    05-13-08 02:01 PM
    Before you click save you can select the right folder - just click on the folder name and navigate to your media card. Also, there is a setting for media that you can set to default to the media card.

As for where it's saved, go to the ringtone and select properties. It will tell you what folder it's saved in.
    05-13-08 02:37 PM
    does anyone know how to set the default setting for media to save to memory card?
    05-13-08 02:54 PM
    I did my due diligence and tried searching for the answer but couldn't find exactly what I need help with....so....

I want to save this mp3 to my sd card and NOT internal memory. After clicking save the default folder that pops up says, '...ackberry/ringtones/'. I don't think this is a folder for my sd card. When I scroll up to the folder and click trackball, it brings up a folder that says 'device memory'. What do I do from here to ensure that I save it to my sd card? Or am I going too far and making a mistake?
    Actually, on my SD card, there is a folder structure like you mentioned:

/Blackberrry/ringtones.

So it probably is offering the proper folder.

BUT if you have it to the wrong place (internal), I believe that opening Media Manager (on my 8830, at least), Press Option/menu, select EXPLORE and you can find either Internal or SD memory and by selecting items you can MOVE them to the other location.
    05-13-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";