I have a BB curve 8900 that I'm going to be giving my 14 yr old son. I've set it to save the BB chat history to a media card. Will he be able to see that the messages are being saved? Recently I realized when after having a convo with someone on BBM, he clears the chat, will this affect the saving chat to media card option?
    10-21-10 07:18 AM
    Clearing the chat doesn't erase it from the media card I don't believe. He could find out that the chats are being saved if he goes into the options.
    10-21-10 08:03 AM
    thank you, will try testing it out before giving it to him.
    10-21-10 05:39 PM
    I did check it out and when you open a convo box, @ the top it says view recent history, now they can't view it via the phone if they cleared the chat, but the fact that the message is there, lets them know that the convos are being monitored.
    10-26-10 06:21 AM
    I did check it out and when you open a convo box, @ the top it says view recent history, now they can't view it via the phone if they cleared the chat, but the fact that the message is there, lets them know that the convos are being monitored.
    Hopefully he'll think when he clears the chat that it's really gone. If he and his friends don't fully understand the options, it'll still be there ... on the media card. But what will you do if he enables content protection (encryption) and sets a password???
    10-26-10 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD