I was trying to figure out if I could save non-media attachments to my memory stick. For example, I sometimes get a word document or excel file and would like to save them on the memory stick instead.

I am able to see the memory stick (as if it is a usb external hard drive) when the BB is attached to my laptop via usb cord etc... I was wondering if I should create another folder on my memory stick for other items.. It currently has pic, ringtones, music etc...
    08-15-08 11:48 PM
    You'll be able to with 4.5 OS. Docs2go is a fairly decent app just for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 11:57 PM
    Better is just to save the EMail. As fonebkr says with Docs2Go,
    you'll be able to do that as a matter of course. But if you can
    extract and save the email to your card you will have no facility
    to read it, as there is no native support for MS Office docs.
    08-16-08 12:02 AM
    I've been using GridMagic which is a free excel kind of program. I was hoping to be able to save these files somewhere on the memory stick if possible?

I'm waiting for the official 4.5 release for Verizon, but it sounds like 4.5 will allow saving "other" kinds of file on the memory stick!?
    08-16-08 12:15 AM
    I was trying to figure out if I could save non-media attachments to my memory stick. For example, I sometimes get a word document or excel file and would like to save them on the memory stick instead.

I am able to see the memory stick (as if it is a usb external hard drive) when the BB is attached to my laptop via usb cord etc... I was wondering if I should create another folder on my memory stick for other items.. It currently has pic, ringtones, music etc...
    I created a folder on the media card called "Docs" and put all kinds of files in it using mass storage mode. As AG said, with one exception, you can't view them, but it's useful as backup storage. The one exception: txt files. You can view them with OS 4.2.n.n without any 3rd party apps. That's useful, too.
    08-16-08 07:31 AM
    Well unless you get the Bold on which you can save and view attachments on OS4.6. File size limited to 3MB with attachments from mail.
    08-16-08 07:50 AM
    How do you save email to media card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 11:32 AM
    You can't save your email to the media card on a BlackBerry.
    08-16-08 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD