I just came about the storm version of Sanoodi, a GPS tracking app. I personally have never used this but it seems great for keeping your time and distance for running, biking, hiking, etc. This newer version also adds support for Twitter.

It can be downloaded at www sanoodi.com/gomobile/blackberry

After further review it appears the app isn't Storm specific so you still have to Disable Compatibility Mode but I read in another article that they made this update more friendly for the Storm's touch screen.
    01-29-09 12:03 AM
    I'll be checking out its Smap app. FYI, here's the OTA download.
    01-29-09 10:21 AM
    Thanks, I couldn't find the OTA link.

I used this today at the dog park and it's a really cool app. You can save a route as a Google Earth file and then display your route in that. Still playing with it, but definitely worth having.
    01-29-09 12:33 PM
    I agree. Very useful app. I'll be using this anytime I go running, biking etc. I wonder if it'll work when I go on my cruise next month to see how far the ship sails.
    01-30-09 02:55 PM
    I agree. Very useful app. I'll be using this anytime I go running, biking etc. I wonder if it'll work when I go on my cruise next month to see how far the ship sails.
    Only if you're in range for data services.
    01-30-09 03:24 PM
    Only if you're in range for data services.
    Oh ok. So I need data service for the GPS?
    01-30-09 04:20 PM
    All these apps want to show you position on a web site. Doesn't some one make an app that can simply display lat/long as you move along.
    01-30-09 05:06 PM
    thanks for the post! great app, love it. Used it cycling this weekend, and it gave great results. When I went online, it was neat to see my route! Unfortunately, it is a battery hog... oh well.
    02-03-09 03:59 PM
    All these apps want to show you position on a web site. Doesn't some one make an app that can simply display lat/long as you move along.
    Displaying Lat/Long as I am walking down a street does not seem to be very useful for anything. I think the best solution would be the ability to import and overlay GPS data files into the Google Maps or even BB Maps application. Uploading to the website seems to be the next best thing.
    02-03-09 04:01 PM
    thanks for the post! great app, love it. Used it cycling this weekend, and it gave great results. When I went online, it was neat to see my route! Unfortunately, it is a battery hog... oh well.
    Sanoodi not so much battery hog as merely having GPS on all the time ...
    02-03-09 04:02 PM

GPSed
    Instamapper

Both of them do that.
    02-03-09 04:11 PM
    Displaying Lat/Long as I am walking down a street does not seem to be very useful for anything. I think the best solution would be the ability to import and overlay GPS data files into the Google Maps or even BB Maps application. Uploading to the website seems to be the next best thing.
    Not so. I need the ability to record specific locations to be able to find them later. Think surveying.
    02-03-09 04:39 PM
    Not so. I need the ability to record specific locations to be able to find them later. Think surveying.
    That's fine except Sanoodi wouldn't really serve this purpose since it's for tracking routes rather than recording one instance of a coordinate. In other words we're talking about two different functionalities.
    02-04-09 10:06 AM
    I've been using the Sanoodi app for three weeks now and can't recommend it:
    1. Don't have a GPS signal quite often (although Blackberry Maps and Google Maps do).
    2. Especially while walking or running it's quite annoying to move your finger up and down in order to scroll from button to button instead of just touching on buttons.
    3. When trying to export the GPX-file a message comes up saying "Please insert media card" although I'm using one. And why do I need to have a media card in order to export a file?

Don't get me wrong, great thing to have a free app. But I think that it's not only me who would be willing to pay some bucks for a good running app like Nokia's Sports Tracker.
    02-26-09 07:38 AM
    Here's a really cool little app that will display your current lat/long, altitude, speed heading and some cell service data.

http://f5bbutil.sourceforge.net/sign.../signalloc.jad
    02-26-09 07:50 AM
    Here's a really cool little app that will display your current lat/long, altitude, speed heading and some cell service data.

http://f5bbutil.sourceforge.net/sign.../signalloc.jad
    Signalloc is Awesome.
    02-26-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD