Samsung Mobile USA - SAFE with Two in One - YouTube

Samsung continues its pretty bad ad campaign against BlackBerry (as entertainment device) and looks like iPhone (as communication device)
    02-20-13 08:07 AM
    What a stupid commercial. I mean...the lady says "have you ever tried to write an email on one of these (notice how that attack was for iphone and not BB) or take a picture with one of these (looks to me like a BB Tour). Can anyone answer me this:

What kind of job requires the use of an old model BB phone to take pictures?
    anon(3896606) and Acumenight like this.
    02-20-13 08:46 AM
    Great commercial.
    02-20-13 09:10 AM
    Leave it up to Samsung to maintain the lameness of all their recent advertisements... Everyone --even Samsung Fan Boys-- know that BlackBerry Users do more... funny that they don't feature a new Z10 in that commercial, just a 4 year old BlackBerry 9630... Nice try Samsung... oh, and chime on Fan Boys!
    02-20-13 12:55 PM
    What a stupid commercial. I mean...the lady says "have you ever tried to write an email on one of these (notice how that attack was for iphone and not BB) or take a picture with one of these (looks to me like a BB Tour). Can anyone answer me this:

What kind of job requires the use of an old model BB phone to take pictures?
    There are jobs where quick reference shots are handy. With that being said the quality of the shots is not imperative either.
    02-20-13 12:58 PM
    Hmmm now that I have used the blackberry flick keyboard I find the regular swiftkey top row predictions very slow and cumbersome on my PlayBook. Imagine typing a long email on a Samsung after using flick to insert. Yikes. It really is a huge difference.
    02-20-13 01:03 PM
    Meh, who gives a shi t. Samsung's gotta keep the masses glued to them via redundant commercials much like apple did.

On the drive into work today, I saw a billboard with the Note 2 with the tagline "Safe for business", I immediately thought if BB wanted to counter that, they could have one of their own that would say "Been safe for business".
    02-20-13 01:35 PM
    So, they can't compare their new phones to the Z10?
    Just a 4 year old BlackBerry device?
    BlackBerry should make an ad, "The new BlackBerry 10 series *show Q10 and Z10 in personal in work mode*, for the REAL business users *Note II and S3 blow up in the background*".
    02-20-13 02:34 PM
    The commercial is stupid. I mean implying that you can't type an email and take a picture on a BlackBerry? Really? I can do both very well on my Z10.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-20-13 02:39 PM
    Hmmm now that I have used the blackberry flick keyboard I find the regular swiftkey top row predictions very slow and cumbersome on my PlayBook. Imagine typing a long email on a Samsung after using flick to insert. Yikes. It really is a huge difference.
    Blackberry should make a response video of using your post as reference. Have the same lady complaining about the emails say "How the **** does Samsung expect me to write long emails on their S3 after using the predictive typing on my Z10?"
    02-20-13 02:41 PM
    The commercial is stupid. I mean implying that you can't type an email and take a picture on a BlackBerry? Really? I can do both very well on my Z10.

I believe the attempt is to imply its hard to read an email on an iphone and the blackberry cannot take superb pictures.
    02-20-13 02:42 PM

That's just it...they're not using a Z10 in the commercial. It looks more like a 9630 (Tour).
    02-20-13 02:44 PM
    The message in ad is quite confusing to say the least. Apart that Note 2 is not exactly suitable for phone calls, it does other two things mentioned in ad at the average level as well (mailing can be a real pain on GSIII or Note 2, picture quality is below average). So, if you need to make each thing (mailing and taking pic) with the quality above average, GS III or Note II are not for you (BB 10 can handle both ) , if you are OK with average/below average quality for one of them (pic quality) then old BB device is just fine. If you are OK with both bellow average, only then GS III or Note 2 is for you....
    02-20-13 02:44 PM
    It would be awesome if BB would replicate that ad and when she says "until someone makes a phone that can do both of those..." cut in with someone using the Z10 keyboard and time shift camera. The voiceover says "someone has. The new BlackBerry Z10".
    That would be cool but when the keyboard and time shift camera cuts in have the person doing the voice-over doing a back and forth scratching effect with the time shift camera and then say "Someone has...The new Blackberry Z10"
    02-20-13 02:48 PM
    I recommend everyone Dislikes this video, if you don't like it...
    02-20-13 03:30 PM
    I'm a huge blackberry fan, heck I'm typing this from my Z10.

Anyways, I think to many people are taking this ad, either to personally or are reading to much into it. Samsung has put out out an add campaign that draws smirks from the people that watch it. These commercials are designed for people who aren't tech savy, and who rely on their tech info from family and friends. Samsung is playing on the old stereotypes of phones, heck ask anyone about an old blackberry and they'll say crappy photos or even worse browser. It's obvious that they won't show new devices, you can't make the same claims with new competition. Basically they are doing something memorable within a theme and I believe it's drawing attention and being done well.

My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:37 PM
    That's what commercials do. They compare the competitors and try to convince you they are better. I don't like it but oh well. All that being said, samsung commercials haven't been good lately
    02-20-13 05:51 PM
    That commercial is posted in the USA. Last time I looked there is no Z10 or Q10 in the USA. To include it in the commercial would in effect bring folks attention to a phone many don't even know exist at the moment If the woman said "ever take a picture with this?" holding the Z10 most would think that woman was holding an Android phone, now is that the message Samsung wants to send out there?

Ask Joe or Jane Doe on the street what a BlackBerry looks like - what you see in that commercial is exactly what they see in their minds eye. Effective in my mind.
    02-20-13 06:47 PM
    That commercial is posted in the USA. Last time I looked there is no Z10 or Q10 in the USA. To include it in the commercial would in effect bring folks attention to a phone many don't even know exist at the moment If the woman said "ever take a picture with this?" holding the Z10 most would think that woman was holding an Android phone, now is that the message Samsung wants to send out there?

Ask Joe or Jane Doe on the street what a BlackBerry looks like - what you see in that commercial is exactly what they see in their minds eye. Effective in my mind.
    Actually you are right. That point makes plenty of sense.
    02-20-13 07:41 PM
    oh samsung you made one great advert (the iphone one with the guy whos head explodes XD and im not saying it because its an iphone hating ad, its just because it was hilarious) and you get a swollen head and come up with two weird as heck adverts making yourselves look like lazy kids who slack off at work. but you know what they say....
    02-20-13 08:37 PM
    It would be awesome if BB would replicate that ad and when she says "until someone makes a phone that can do both of those..." cut in with someone using the Z10 keyboard and time shift camera. The voiceover says "someone has. The new BlackBerry Z10".
    that would be awesome. but im not sure if blackberry wants to go to war with sammy
    02-20-13 08:40 PM
    Great ad............if it were released last year.

As for this year, it's only a great ad in the USA because the BB10 still hasn't launched there yet.
    Outside of the USA, it's totally outdated. But then again, thats the USA right? Always slow and behind. Heck they use the imperial system while the rest of the world is on the metric system.
    02-20-13 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post

Actually you are right. That point makes plenty of sense.
    I have to agree with you on this but soon the US with give in to the power of the Darkside.
    02-20-13 08:45 PM
    Although I am in no way a Samsung apologist, it seems to have garnered the attention of everyone commenting. And I hate Unicorns.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-20-13 08:48 PM
    I think Samsung is in attacking mode for Apple, BBRY is just collateral damage
    02-20-13 10:02 PM