me too thread? love those....
    08-09-13 08:12 AM
    With their plastic body phones, I don't want Samsung anywhere near the design team of Blackberry lol!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 08:27 AM
    I don't want Samsung anywhere near the design team of Blackberry lol!

Posted via CB10
    I don't want BlackBerry near the design team of BlackBerry:
    the z10 and q10... nice design.
    the q5... not so much lol

^ matter of personal opinion but just saying.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:32 AM
    It's not like the back -- and that's what we're talking about here -- is made out of coffee can lids. It's a precision designed plastic that's both durable and bendable. It's extremely easy to remove the back because of it, and the thing snap snap snaps into place on the phone firmly. Sure, it ends up giving the back a less than premium, industrial looking design. But most people end up putting a case on their phone anyway, and what's that made of? Yep, you guessed it. What's most important is the innards and the display.
    I have a leather pouch case. But anyway, Samsung just feels cheap, no matter how you put it. I could never feel like a Samsung is made of anything more than the same plastic used for toy cars. You can explain all you want, that's not going to change how cheap I think it feels when holding it. When I pay ? 600,- for a phone, I don't want it to feel as it came from Toys R Us.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-09-13 09:33 AM
    I have a leather pouch case. But anyway, Samsung just feels cheap, no matter how you put it. I could never feel like a Samsung is made of anything more than the same plastic used for toy cars. You can explain all you want, that's not going to change how cheap I think it feels when holding it. When I pay ? 600,- for a phone, I don't want it to feel as it came from Toys R Us.

Style over substance -- understood.
    08-09-13 09:38 AM
    Still won't have any apps.

Samsung made a windows phone, and it flopped.
    nikesu likes this.
    08-09-13 09:59 AM
    Instead of limiting it to Samsung, why don't they just licence it out to companies willing to make phones for the OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:12 AM
    A BlackBerry/HTC partnership might be successful if it's excuted properly. HTC designs and builds the devices while BlackBerry developes the OS, M2M and security solutions.
    08-09-13 10:22 AM
    If I understand you:Samsung can bring cash to BBRY just for promotions and marketing, Samsung can offer brand image to BBRY . and finally Samsung can provide higher end hardware to BBRY.

If only I knew that before I bought my Z10,
    08-09-13 10:43 AM

Clearly you are not in the majority of consumers in regard to Samsung phones.
    08-09-13 11:35 AM
    Sony aren't going to want it - they are bigger than BBRY and their sales and profits are going in the right direction in regards to mobile. HTC are just a basketcase at this stage.
    They might only because they are a weak player in android. They make some of the best in that segment but no one buys their stuff.

Samsung and HTC diversified with windows, but Sony has been left out in a similar position as Nokia and BlackBerry.

That's why Sony and BlackBerry tying in would be a great option. Plus BlackBerry pulled out if Sony's hone market Japan.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:30 PM
    No. I don't want a plastic toy BB10 device. Great internal hardware but they suck with the external parts. Samsung Phones look like android phones from china!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:19 PM
    Those saying that sony, lg or HTC would make better bb10 devices I guess that could be true (or false). But what Samsung has is the deepest pockets, better brand image than lg and HTC at least and a good marketing team.

HTC, Sony and LG might be able to make good bb10 devices like they make good android devices but their market position clearly shows that Samsung is well ahead in the game.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 03:28 PM
    What's in it for Samsung?
    bp3dots likes this.
    08-09-13 04:24 PM
    Why bbry should be interested? What more Samsung has to offer?

Posted via CB10
    Brand name. Components. Displays.
    nikesu likes this.
    08-09-13 04:29 PM
    Samsung's flagship phones are fugly. I would never buy a Samsung. I don't care if it has BlackBerry 10 on it.

Posted via CB10
    Obi_El likes this.
    08-09-13 09:27 PM
    Samsung is popular because they advertise a lot including paying people to post.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:10 PM

oh wow i forgot about your ability to tell how much a type of plastic costs by holding it. just because you dont like the feeling of it (which is fine by me, different choices for different people) doesnt automatically make the backing cheap, its most likely designed that way to keep the phone from racking up mm thickness and excess weight, to mold to the curved shape of the back of the phone better promoting the "pebble" like design, unscratchable and dirt resistant back unlike metal backed phones like the iphone 5 and htc one, and because as already mentioned people love cases and will likely cover it up anyway.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................

i dont think samsung would even consider it, bb10 is a nice os but why ditch a more popular operating system for a struggling one and risk rubbish sales and ruining their image if it doesnt go down well and if it does they most likely still wont sell as many bb10 phones as they did android phones last quarter, its a big risk with little gain for samsung where a lot could go wrong and people are just focusing on what blackberry will gain from it instead of considering that these companies will most likely not go near bb with a bargepole as they arent going to improve their businesses
    08-09-13 10:39 PM
    Brand name. Components. Displays.
    Blackberry already is a brand name, Samsung is just a components provider. I don't think their components are superior. One more thing Samsung doesn't have its own OS. Just imagine Google or Microsoft refuse to licence their software to Samsung. I agree regarding the displays, but BBRY has to do some effort in order to regain its leadership.
    08-09-13 11:18 PM
    I don't think Samsung is going to license BlackBerry 10 OS and build BlackBerry phones. But who knows, anything can happen.

Samsung does own/control most components that go inside of a phone. They can build a BlackBerry device for much much cheaper than BlackBerry itself. Not only does Samsung enjoy economies of scale (they do make tons of Android phones) but they actually own a lot of components themselves! Whereas, BlackBerry has to buy components and the price BlackBerry gets for component is obviously not as great as what Samsung would get because BlackBerry's order size is much smaller.

So, Samsung built BlackBerry could easily be much cheaper to build and hence can be priced far more competitively in the market. Imagine Q5 for $250 to $300. Q10 for $400 to $500, Z10 for $450 to $500. Those would be competitive prices.
    08-09-13 11:30 PM
    oh wow i forgot about your ability to tell how much a type of plastic costs by holding it. just because you dont like the feeling of it (which is fine by me, different choices for different people) doesnt automatically make the backing cheap, its most likely designed that way to keep the phone from racking up mm thickness and excess weight, to mold to the curved shape of the back of the phone better promoting the "pebble" like design, unscratchable and dirt resistant back unlike metal backed phones like the iphone 5 and htc one, and because as already mentioned people love cases and will likely cover it up anyway.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................

i dont think samsung would even consider it, bb10 is a nice os but why ditch a more popular operating system for a struggling one and risk rubbish sales and ruining their image if it doesnt go down well and if it does they most likely still wont sell as many bb10 phones as they did android phones last quarter, its a big risk with little gain for samsung where a lot could go wrong and people are just focusing on what blackberry will gain from it instead of considering that these companies will most likely not go near bb with a bargepole as they arent going to improve their businesses

Jeez, lots of people are making such a fuss about this. I never said it IS cheap, it just feels cheap to me. My opinion, my experience with Samsung phones. BlackBerry has a more sophisticated feeling which I like. (hence 'feeling', not stating facts here)

08-10-13 05:58 AM
    Style over substance -- understood.
    Nope, sophisticated feeling over cheap feeling

08-10-13 06:02 AM
    Samsung is popular because they advertise a lot including paying people to post.

Posted via CB10
    Geez !! Every single OEM does exactly that ! Includes BlackBerry ! You are living in a fairy tale. I work for a big (very big) corporation and we have a team who uses a software to scan the web and trace all negative feedback about us and try to change the opinion of the poster/reader may it be on twitter /facebook what ever the channel you used to post the negative feedback, we will find it, and we will defend our name. That is something that exist since decades. From any company that worth 200 million to mine at around 42billions and all the way up : THEY ALL HAVE A TEAM WHO DOES THIS TIED UP THE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT. Welcome in the real world people !

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 07:41 AM
    Samsung actually might consider it, they are getting sued by apple and losing these days with their android devices and they don't want to put all their eggs in googles basket.
    08-10-13 10:09 AM
    Samsung actually might consider it, they are getting sued by apple and losing these days with their android devices and they don't want to put all their eggs in googles basket.
    I think that's why Samsung is backing Tizen.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:26 AM
50 12