I was wondering if anyone else has stumbled upon this.

BlackBerry rejects Samsung's chargers.

I guess they aren't powerful enough to charge the BlackBerry phones????

On the Legacy OS, I would get a message telling me it could not charge the device.

On QNX it tells me to use the charging accessory that is provided with the phone or something like that.

Other, non-BB mini USB charging cables I've used, I don't have issues with.

Its only Samsung's that came with the GS3.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:31 AM
    Off of the earlier 700ma chargers, maybe, but a friend used my 1A Samsung charger just fine this weekend.
    08-15-13 12:49 AM
    That is strange.

I'm really bad about moving around my BlackBerry charges that I temporarily loose them, so I try to snag my husbands. He has that Galaxy phone.

I just cannot generate a response. No lightning bolt appears, and my phone just continues to die.

*shrugs*

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:53 AM
    That is strange.

I'm really bad about moving around my BlackBerry charges that I temporarily loose them, so I try to snag my husbands. He has that Galaxy phone.

I just cannot generate a response. No lightning bolt appears, and my phone just continues to die.

*shrugs*

Posted via CB10
    I confirm this to be true . Happens to me . it cant charge the blackberry z10
    08-15-13 12:56 AM
    Oh thank you, so I'm not crazy.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:31 AM
    I agree, it might be the older chargers not being able to provide enough power, or something!

I use a galaxy s4 or a note II charger just fine, with both a Z and Q10. I just swap and change.

I find the playbook charger, or the touchpad, to be the best, ie the fastest ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    08-15-13 02:53 AM
    Yes. The Playbook charger is a so fast compared to my collection of other BlackBerry cables I am always losing...HA!

I should just buy more of those. I never loose that one.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:19 AM
    There is no one "Samsung charger." The S4, Note 2, etc., and the various Samsung tablets all use 2.1 amp chargers. Some older and entry level (and I guess some mid-range) Samsung phones use a 1 amp charger.

The key is the amperage your device draws. You can't use a "too powerful" charger, i.e., a 2.1 amp, because your device will just draw the power it needs. But if your device is a more recent one that draws, say, 1.8 amps, a 1 amp or 700mA charger won't do the trick. It will charge, yes, but very, very, very, very slowly.
    08-15-13 07:36 AM
    I use my samsung galaxy tab charger and have never had problems with it charging my phone.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    08-15-13 07:42 AM
    The PlayBook charger was boss! I used it on my legacy device all the time when I realised how fast it charged it...I sued it on my new Q10 and still very fast but I also noticed the charger with Q10 is mega fast if plugged in socket but not as fast when powered via USB but still decent (given it's drawing from a different power source) I now soley use my Q10 charger for the device and PlayBook still uses it's own charger...also love how my Kobo can use the BlackBerry charger too which is handy when I go on holiday and need to use the BlackBerry EU charger adaptor that came with the device

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    08-15-13 07:42 AM
    Well using my girlfriend's Galaxy S4 charger works fantastically on my Z10. It is a 2000mA charger. Pity that the stock Z10 charger is only 750mA...gonna buy me an aftermarket charger for the Z10...at least 2A...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:49 AM
    No you aint lol. I sometimes go visit my friends and I end up spending days at their place, they all got the nexus 4, using their chargers on my z10 was a pain

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:56 AM
    No you aint lol. I sometimes go visit my friends and I end up spending days at their place, they all got the nexus 4, using their chargers on my z10 was a pain

Posted via CB10
    Actually, looks like there is a nice 1.8 A Official BB charger:

BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB 1.8A Charger User Reviews | BlackBerry Wall Chargers | ShopCrackBerry

Looks like that will be my best bet!
    09-06-13 01:25 AM
    I use my old Curve 3G charger for my S3, works fine.
    09-06-13 01:52 AM