This is a strange problem that's driving me crazy. I've searched all over but I haven't seen any clear solutions.

I recently created a google apps email account. Last week I uploaded via outlook/imap several months worth of inbox and sent mail from outlook to gmail. Since then I get the same 200 emails pushed to my 8130 several times a day. I go through and delete them using the search unopened mail on the BB. I even hit reconcile now afterward but they don't delete from gmail and it keeps happening over and over 5 or 6 times a day.

I found a few suggestions searching google such as delete the gmail account on the BIS site, clear the messages using DM, pulling the battery, etc but nothing seems to work. I even archived all my gmail (one suggestion) with the idea that there may be too many messages in the inbox but that didn't work either.

Now I'm at my wits end because this is driving me crazy. Is this happening to anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 06:13 AM
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem. I haven't been able to find any concrete info at all by searching the internet.
    04-15-09 03:50 PM
    One more bump. Only 2 BB's in the world are suffering this affliction?

04-16-09 06:09 AM
    I'm having the same issue - also with facebook
    04-16-09 07:25 AM
    Thanks. I gave that a try. I'll let you know in a day or 2 if it helps.
    04-16-09 03:37 PM
    Did you try deleting the gmail app and seeing if that goes away? Then you'd at least be able to know that the app is the trouble, rather than PUSH email
    04-16-09 03:38 PM
    I do not have the gmail app installed.

04-16-09 04:23 PM
    I do not have the gmail app installed. I set up the account on the BIS website.
    Also, the curse of the emails is back. Deleting provisioning and resending service books didn't help.

04-16-09 05:08 PM
    One more bump.

04-17-09 09:28 AM
    I would like to add that when I delete these messages on the BB, they do not get deleted on gmail like they do normally.

04-17-09 09:38 AM
    Thanks. I would prefer not to do that because I need to be able to sync my sent items. I know about auto BCC but its a cumbersome workaround.

04-17-09 11:59 AM
    My issue is similar.

But first, in your BIS, you need to create a filter when the From field contains your gmail address and then select Do not forward messages to device.

To go one step further, I just created a new gmail account (2nd account) and IMAP won't turn off. I susspect that's why, when you hit delete on your BB, it's not deleting on the gmail acct. Same here.

I'll turn it off in google, then BIS sends me a message saying that my password needs updating, so I login, and update it, even though it's the same password, and somehow IMAP gets turned back on.

Anybody have any ideas?
    04-19-09 07:54 AM
    In my case, these emails are not from me - they are TO me. Its not the same issue as getting copied on all your sent mail.

Also, I have not received a msg asking me to update my password.

I haven't had this problem now in 24 hours (knock on wood) so maybe RIM fixed it?

04-19-09 09:27 AM
    I spoke too soon. Happened again. 201 msgs this time (as opposed to 200 before if that means anything).

04-19-09 01:56 PM
    My issue is similar.

But first, in your BIS, you need to create a filter when the From field contains your gmail address and then select Do not forward messages to device.

To go one step further, I just created a new gmail account (2nd account) and IMAP won't turn off. I susspect that's why, when you hit delete on your BB, it's not deleting on the gmail acct. Same here.

I'll turn it off in google, then BIS sends me a message saying that my password needs updating, so I login, and update it, even though it's the same password, and somehow IMAP gets turned back on.

Anybody have any ideas?
    Setting up the Filter was the only think worked for me too. In the e-mail settings there is an option to set up where to delete the e-mail. Hand-held only, hand-held and PC and what else.
    04-19-09 03:05 PM
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem. I haven't been able to find any concrete info at all by searching the internet.
    i got the same problem with emails and with sms as well
    04-19-09 03:27 PM
    I opened a ticket at sprint. They're supposed to call me back tomorrow. I'll post the results here.

04-20-09 07:21 PM
    I finally got on the phone with tech support and all they told me to do was delete my email from service books and they resent service books to the phone. I'd done that about ten times already.

Coincidentally its been over 24 hours since I've received these messages so maybe RIM was reading this and did something on the backend. Got my fingers crossed but I think calling sprint tech support was a complete waste of time.

04-24-09 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD