Lots of words and very little point with a little trumpet blowing thrown in and no recognition of British humour. How's the weather in the states?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    At least someone gets me. but I think you read too deep into it. I was going for no point at all and I don't even play the trumpet.
    I've followed your posts from time to time and I believe you're one of the good people.

Until recently, I wasn't aware the Brits HAD a sense of humor, so duly noted! I kid! If I read you correctly you always show a very subtle bit of that humor in your posts.
    But then, maybe that smile in your avatar is just to confuse us.

Weather wise.... Beautiful sunny skies mid 70's.

And thanks for your candid reply (I think)

If I totally missed your meaning and my reply was way off .... just disregard everything I said.
    In the meantime I'll work on my British humor so as not to disappoint you next time.

Cheers!

BTW: Nothing I said in the post you replied to was directed at you! I usually make it a point to say "generally speaking." or something to that effect.
    If you thought I was directing that nonsense at you, I truly apologize !
    08-01-15 06:46 PM
    Nope BlackBerry still alive I just got new BBM stickers pack for free

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    So professional and business focused those stickers are! Glad they have completely destroyed the BBM experience by telling me of the new, lame sticker pack of the day that at are the rage in markets that have thoroughly rejected them for cheap Android. Chen has ruined BBM, and ruined the hardware division.

Posted via Z30
    jmr1015 likes this.
    08-01-15 08:12 PM
    So professional and business focused those stickers are! Glad they have completely destroyed the BBM experience by telling me of the new, lame sticker pack of the day that at are the rage in markets that have thoroughly rejected them for cheap Android. Chen has ruined BBM, and ruined the hardware division.

Posted via Z30
    It is rather bizarre, isn't it? Is it a business phone or not? The stickers have me perplexed.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:15 PM
    My BB is dead too (Maybe...)
    08-01-15 09:46 PM
    The one thing we have to realize is that Android and iOS made their way into Enterprise as consumer hardware first. The plan for BlackBerry to go back to its roots has essentially abandoned the average consumer therefore a significant percentage of hardware still being used in the end is Android and iOS based. We really shouldn't be surprised. Lesson Learned...don't abandon the consumer and expect hardware sales to remain or increase.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:47 PM
    The one thing we have to realize is that Android and iOS made their way into Enterprise as consumer hardware first. The plan for BlackBerry to go back to its roots has essentially abandoned the average consumer therefore a significant percentage of hardware still being used in the end is Android and iOS based. We really shouldn't be surprised. Lesson Learned...don't abandon the consumer and expect hardware sales to remain or increase.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the retreat to Enterprise was voluntary.
    Bbnivende and kbz1960 like this.
    08-01-15 10:19 PM
    That is the problem. Maybe Google does not see an advantage having phones with both systems because it would be a disadvantage for those who have only Android.
    08-01-15 10:58 PM

Posted via Z30
    The stickers might be for prosumers........
    Tre Lawrence, sirius27 and kbz1960 like this.
    08-01-15 11:08 PM
    The stickers might be for prosumers........
    LOL.
    08-01-15 11:11 PM
    BB10 is not dead as far as I am concerned and I hope to continue to have a pure BlackBerry device with my favorite OS, BB10. So no, I haven't drank any of the BB/Android "Kool-Aid" that's being served up on these forums. Until, I see a so-called BB-Android device, then I will believe it. Until then BB10 is alive and well!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:29 AM
    BB10 is not dead as far as I am concerned and I hope to continue to have a pure BlackBerry device with my favorite OS, BB10. So no, I haven't drank any of the BB/Android "Kool-Aid" that's being served up on these forums. Until, I see a so-called BB-Android device, then I will believe it. Until then BB10 is alive and well!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    I hope you are right.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 01:05 PM
    . There have been some suggestions that there would be BB10-based BlackBerry devices for those customers and Android-based devices for those who would prefer the convenience of Google Play services and are prepared to pay that privacy tax.
    ...or maybe just an Android fork period to replace BB10? Maybe they go the Amazon route,gaining Android compatibility, and eschewing the Google Play services altogether. So basically they give up trying to compete with Apple and standard consumer Android, instead competing with secure Android offerings like Blakphone. Essentially this would make them big fish in a smaller pond... possibly the biggest fish in that pond overnight.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:46 AM
    Or maybe Cyanogen Android with Microsoft services. That's pretty far out there in terms of wild speculation, but it's a way to knit together several rumors into one big steamer.
    08-06-15 09:56 AM
    Or maybe Cyanogen Android with Microsoft services. That's pretty far out there in terms of wild speculation, but it's a way to knit together several rumors into one big steamer.
    That is pretty out there for BB I think.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ubizmo likes this.
    08-06-15 10:52 AM
    It will never be a BlackBerry anymore. It will be an android phone with BlackBerry trinkets. Also, if it doesn't work for any other brand (Except Samsung Motorola and HTC) it may not work for BlackBerry either. Sony, LG and many other brands that went with Android aren't faring well. Why would BlackBerry?

I say make a deal with Google to get the play store on bb10 and viola... Bills your uncle

Posted via CB10
    This is the same thing I'm saying and thinking. It won't be BB anymore it will be just another phone under the Android monopoly. Their will be no differentiation. Just because a phone slaps Android into their hardware doesn't guarantee success. Like you said their are other brands that have android into their hardware and they aren't doing as good as Samsung. I don't see BB gaining traction with Android to begin with anyway.

They need to MARKET which is their problem.
    Ray Soto likes this.
    08-06-15 01:06 PM
    I don't think the retreat to Enterprise was voluntary.
    I think the "retreat to Enterprise" is a way to try and conceal ****-poor sales performance in the consumer market.
    trsbbs and kbz1960 like this.
    08-06-15 02:44 PM
    This is the same thing I'm saying and thinking. It won't be BB anymore it will be just another phone under the Android monopoly. Their will be no differentiation.
    What makes it so clear that there will be no differentiation?
    08-06-15 03:12 PM
    Sadest thing was a TMO rep was stopping by everyone's office yesterday, when she got to mine and sat down I saw her eyes go down to my BlackBerry Passport on the desk face up.
    She ohhs and ahh in excitement and says "BlackBerry?" I said yep that's all I use.
    As she checked it out I ask why I had to send away to Canada for that phone, she asked why. I sad because TMO doesn't sell it.

Long story short she was so new she had no idea why TMO didn't carry it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    08-06-15 03:25 PM
    Sadest thing was a TMO rep was stopping by everyone's office yesterday, when she got to mine and sat down I saw her eyes go down to my BlackBerry Passport on the desk face up.
    She ohhs and ahh in excitement and says "BlackBerry?" I said yep that's all I use.
    As she checked it out I ask why I had to send away to Canada for that phone, she asked why. I sad because TMO doesn't sell it.

Long story short she was so new she had no idea why TMO didn't carry it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    She'll learn soon enough.
    08-06-15 04:32 PM
    In the Netherlands T-mobile lost about 600.000 customers....

Posted via my awesome Classic
    08-06-15 05:20 PM
    ...or maybe just an Android fork period to replace BB10? Maybe they go the Amazon route,gaining Android compatibility, and eschewing the Google Play services altogether. So basically they give up trying to compete with Apple and standard consumer Android, instead competing with secure Android offerings like Blakphone. Essentially this would make them big fish in a smaller pond... possibly the biggest fish in that pond overnight.
    IMO, this is the least likely thing BB would do, because it has the least chance of success (though, honestly, that hasn't stopped BB from making similar decisions in the past). An Android phone without Google Services will fail in developed markets, as it always has. Amazon's Fire Phone was a complete disaster, and Amazon is struggling to sell Fire tablets (with most of the sales they DO get being to people who intend to use them as eReaders and Amazon Prime Video viewers). The Amazon Marketplace, despite being the most successful "alternative" Android app store, is a joke. Apps are many versions behind or have been abandoned, and lots of big apps are missing. For most developers, that store simply isn't a high priority - Google Play is where the action (and the money) is.

BB switching to an Android fork would be like trading in your horse and buggy for a car, but replacing the rubber tires with wooden wheels - you'd be losing much of the advantage to switching, and thereby lose most of the momentum you need to get over the switch in the first place.

IMO, the only way it would make sense for BB to go Android is to get full Google Services compatibility and Play Store access. If they can't or won't do that, then they really shouldn't bother.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-06-15 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Worked out great for the Fire Phone! If Android without Google Play services was a valid solution, then the Android runtime in BB10 would be the same as forked Android.

Posted via Z30
    08-06-15 05:54 PM
    What makes it so clear that there will be no differentiation?
    My point is that Blackberry won't have any stand out value or image. It will be just another phone underneath Android. Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Moto and other phones that are with android phones all look and do the same. BB has it's own OS which I think personally is better than Android. Every android phone looks the same but the BB10 phones are unique and different. Might not stand out in the popular marketing world because the average phone user thinks Blackberry is dead and out of business. But if you're around people and using a phone some people would notice your phone is different and might want to spark up a convo with you about your different phone from the crowd.
    08-06-15 07:28 PM
    I see what you mean but it seems to me it's not a foregone conclusion that a Chendroid has to look and act like every other Android. Android allows a lot of variation in UI. The question is, would BlackBerry take advantage of it?
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    08-06-15 08:30 PM
243 ... 45678 ...