I love BB10 and feel that it is maturing quite nicely, however the leaks have been very quiet lately and it seems like a lot of the focus lately is on getting Android secure for Enterprise. It really does seem like BlackBerry has decreased it's efforts on BB10. Please convince me otherwise. Been loyal to BlackBerry since 2005.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackfinder; 08-01-15 at 09:07 AM.
    07-30-15 01:50 PM
    This is all brand new information!!
    07-30-15 01:51 PM
    Just my perception, hopefully I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 01:54 PM
    Highly doubt anyone can convince you otherwise while staying grounded in a place called reality.
    07-30-15 01:57 PM
    Well, I am here to the death so we will see. Hopefully, BlackBerry stays with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 02:00 PM
    This is all brand new information!!
    You silly

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    JustAnimazing likes this.
    07-30-15 02:01 PM
    Even if they do switch the base OS to Android, the experience can still be very much "BlackBerry" if it is done right, and the hardware is well built. Don't give up hope. We survived one major transition - we can do it again.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-30-15 02:08 PM
    Even if they do switch the base OS to Android, the experience can still be very much "BlackBerry" if it is done right, and the hardware is well built. Don't give up hope. We survived one major transition - we can do it again.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    It will never be a BlackBerry anymore. It will be an android phone with BlackBerry trinkets. Also, if it doesn't work for any other brand (Except Samsung Motorola and HTC) it may not work for BlackBerry either. Sony, LG and many other brands that went with Android aren't faring well. Why would BlackBerry?

I say make a deal with Google to get the play store on bb10 and viola... Bills your uncle

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 02:26 PM

I say make a deal with Google to get the play store on bb10 and viola... Bills your uncle

Posted via CB10
    That's been covered. You can't have Google Play Services or Store on a device that is not OHA-certified. Only a pure Android device can be OHA-Certified. It's that simple.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-30-15 02:32 PM
    That's been covered. You can't have Google Play Services or Store on a device that is not OHA-certified. Only a pure Android device can be OHA-Certified. It's that simple.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    I had a dream last night.. a Android dream, and it was wonderful... it went like this:

Sadly, it does look like BB10 is dying.-ripandroid.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-30-15 03:04 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Oh please, it can be done. They just done want to do it.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor, tanzarian and tinochiko like this.
    07-30-15 03:11 PM
    I hope BlackBerry 10 stays, it's beyond great, more fluid than any other system.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 03:13 PM
    Oh please, it can be done. They just done want to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Please explain.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-30-15 03:19 PM
    Please explain.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    There is nothing software programming can't fix. There is always some overlay for something or another. The real reason not to allow BlackBerry to have Google play services is because those that left BlackBerry to got with Android for apps would return to BlackBerry of those apps are available in BlackBerry. Don't you find it strange that a lot of apps are being signatures with Google play services and now can't work on bb10 or amazon. It's done purposely. Why can IOS run YouTube? Because they had a contract with YouTube prior to Google buying YouTube. Look at the app for YouTube on IOS. It's the same as the one from android. It works fine. No Google play services. Anything that Google owns that has play services signature will not work on bb10. I've been using an android port of go pro app for months and once I updated the app from snap, it fails now because of Google play services.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 03:28 PM
    Please explain.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    I wrote a whole message to explain. I posted the message and it's been removed. I'll say it again. Google doesn't want other devices using their apps. That's why the signature was created to only allow certified devices that Google approve to use said apps that are signed by Google services. YouTube is the perfect example. It works on IOS simply because apple had a contract prior to the purchase of YouTube. That is why apple still has the YouTube app. I was using a go pro port from android that worked flawlessly prior to the update. Once I update that app, it no longer worked because I don't have Google services on the bb10. It's done purposely

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 03:35 PM
    I wrote a whole message to explain. I posted the message and it's been removed. I'll say it again. Google doesn't want other devices using their apps. That's why the signature was created to only allow certified devices that Google approve to use said apps that are signed by Google services. YouTube is the perfect example. It works on IOS simply because apple had a contract prior to the purchase of YouTube. That is why apple still has the YouTube app. I was using a go pro port from android that worked flawlessly prior to the update. Once I update that app, it no longer worked because I don't have Google services on the bb10. It's done purposely

Posted via CB10
    I still don't understand your point. What does any of this have to do with the OHA? Many of its members are competitors of BlackBerry, and would not allow an exception made that would benefit BlackBerry. The rules are that Google Play Services can only be installed on a device which is OHA-compliant. Only a pure Android device can do that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-30-15 04:12 PM
    07-30-15 04:17 PM
    It will never be a BlackBerry anymore. It will be an android phone with BlackBerry trinkets. Also, if it doesn't work for any other brand (Except Samsung Motorola and HTC) it may not work for BlackBerry either. Sony, LG and many other brands that went with Android aren't faring well. Why would BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    LG G2/G3 are more than quality phones, with an operating system
    I found equally as impressive to any of the devices offered by Samsung.
    I agree with your view that if the base OS is converted to Android, Blackberry essentially won't be BB.
    Last edited by nicky_willz; 07-30-15 at 07:32 PM.
    07-30-15 04:21 PM
    Duplicate
    07-30-15 04:22 PM
    I had a dream last night.. a Android dream, and it was wonderful... it went like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ripandroid.jpg 
Views:	4428 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	364781

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Let's keep the wet dreams in the appropriate BBM group 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and Mausje75 like this.
    07-30-15 04:46 PM
    Here's the deal. BlackBerry has gotten very close to what WE'VE been asking them to produce. Now all they have to do is make sure it runs well and add a couple of things.

Cutting back to one device a year doesn't require them to exploit their resources for the OS. They are now a software company (company being the operative word). BlackBerry is still in business and trying to stay that way.

Mr John Chen has mentioned "The most secure way to use BES is with BlackBerry devices". I presume that when BlackBerry becomes more profitable, there will be better devices available.

I'm keeping the faith!

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.2708 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    SilkySunshine likes this.
    07-30-15 05:20 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    If BlackBerry goes Android, I am gone from BlackBerry forever. Android is a virus.
    07-30-15 05:28 PM
    I still don't understand your point. What does any of this have to do with the OHA? Many of its members are competitors of BlackBerry, and would not allow an exception made that would benefit BlackBerry. The rules are that Google Play Services can only be installed on a device which is OHA-compliant. Only a pure Android device can do that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    That is the answer right there. You don't see this as a problem? BlackBerry has the android run time on BlackBerry no? Yet, BlackBerry and Amazon aren't allowed to use Google play services. It's a former of control. I can see that making sense if BlackBerry was a security risk which we both know it is not. The only reason to this is to stop the progression of BlackBerry. Android once talked about IPHONE having said control yet here they are doing the same to other just because they won't use their OS as the main OS and not some emulator if you would want to call it that.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 05:33 PM
    This whole brand loyalty is really baffling me... why should you care who makes your phone... should we not care that the phone does what we want the way we want it.... My wife's LG 3G does everything my Z30 does ... sure BB is more secure ( you cannot root it ) and has the hub etc... but in the end therei is nothing the my z30 can do that my wife's LG cannot... all this if Blackberry does this or that I am leaving is getting tedious... face facts the BB brand as you understand it is dead... no more consumer phones..if any at all in the near future... BB cares about surviving through enterprise focus... I would have absolutely no issue switching to LG 3G... after using it for a while... cannot think of anything I would miss on my BB... remember these phones do all the same things.. albiet differently... and there in lies the rub.... BB for me right now does it best...it however does not make it the best... that is the problem of looking at world with a subjective versus reality.. in the end it simply does not matter... as much as we try to make it so...
    07-30-15 06:00 PM
    It does seem like BB is dying and for a couple of years now they said there was room for 3 platforms, Microsoft just closed that door,lol
    07-30-15 06:06 PM
243 123 ...