Hello all,

I got some terrible news in a meeting today. My company will not longer support BB10 as a BYOD. I am forced to move to either an iPhone or Android device. Can anyone give me some direction on how close the Android BB devices mimic the BB10 ergonomics. I love love the hub. I use my phone for email, text, twitter, FB and Instagram mostly. Little gaming as in card games. Browsing and sports updates. I want something that I won't have a very long learning curve. Any opinion good or bad is greatly appreciated.

I am really upset about having to give up my Passport and Z30. Anyone want these when I have to give them up?

Thanks!!!!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-26-16 03:08 PM
    It's "close"... give it a try and stick with it for a few weeks.

Does you company use some sort of EMM or software package that BB10 doesn't or won't work with?
    fanBBRY likes this.
    10-26-16 03:13 PM
    Ask them if they will 'support' an old Nokia brick and bring one of those into work.
    10-26-16 03:15 PM
    We use Good, but the issue is that BB will no longer "support BB10" and management thinks we need to limit support to the two top OS for phone. It gets down to politics of the BYOD.

Gawd this sucks.
    10-26-16 03:16 PM
    That is interesting because Blackberry purchased "Good" and does support BB10:

Secure EMM & MDM ? Good Secure EMM Suites by BlackBerry - United States

See the bottom where it states "Choose the Suite that suits your needs"
    10-26-16 03:30 PM
    I think the Good purchase and not supporting is our company decision not a technical issue.
    10-26-16 03:46 PM
    You could set the Hub as a widget on your homescreen which somewhat replicates the BB10 experience.

How to set up the BlackBerry Hub widget on Android | CrackBerry.com
    10-26-16 11:19 PM
    I think the Good purchase and not supporting is our company decision not a technical issue.
    Understand completely, I am the only person within my company (of over 5000 users) who has a Blackberry (actually I have 2, a Z10 and the PRIV) but that is because my position allows me to decide what device I want for "testing" purposes. I chose the PRIV for this very reason, we moved from BES to Microsoft MDM solution (what a train wreck that was) - but when evaluating the BYOD/MDM solution, which included Good Technology as well as others, we were looking at cost savings, not necessarily ease of management. We went with Microsoft because we are already a Premier Partner and the MDM solution was already bundled into what we are paying for.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and stlabrat like this.
    10-27-16 06:11 AM
    Understand completely, I am the only person within my company (of over 5000 users) who has a Blackberry (actually I have 2, a Z10 and the PRIV) but that is because my position allows me to decide what device I want for "testing" purposes. I chose the PRIV for this very reason, we moved from BES to Microsoft MDM solution (what a train wreck that was) - but when evaluating the BYOD/MDM solution, which included Good Technology as well as others, we were looking at cost savings, not necessarily ease of management. We went with Microsoft because we are already a Premier Partner and the MDM solution was already bundled into what we are paying for.
    That the issue I'm seeing... MDM has become a free addon for many services. I doubt that will be an option that government or other high security installations will choose, but a big part of the potential business market doesn't need a separate stand alone in house EMM. Heck most that used BES back in the good old days... did it because that's how you got email to the phones.

Google has their business services, and Microsoft has theirs.... And I see more a move away from in house servers, programs and licensing to simple hosted cloud services that offer a much simpler solution. Office Suite licensing, Email licensing - hosting, Collaborative storage and backup, along with MDM....all for one per user fee.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-27-16 08:38 AM
    My corporation is somewhat different in that we don't use Good, so my experience would be different.

We officially support Apple and Android - if I was getting a corporate phone it would be one of those. Since I'm bringing my own, I have a BB Classic.
    We use Google apps, including Drive.
    I am able to get at my email without trouble from my phone. Unfortunately, for the rest of the Google suite (Hangouts, Drive, etc.) the Classic can't deal with it, because we're using dual factor authentication. Right now I simply tether in my iPad, or use it on WiFi.

When the contract is up on my Classic I am going to strongly consider going with a PRIV (or Mercury, if it makes it to production).
    So, you may be able to continue to use your BB, if you're willing to go outside of the policies.
    10-27-16 09:46 AM
    Gotta love political, rather than technical reasons.

You could just get a cheap piece of junk Android (I've seen BLU phones for 50-60 bucks) for work and keep on trucking with your Passport if you want. Maybe make friends with an IT guy and try to find out if there really is anything technical behind it...and just keep using your Passport while having the BLU around for show.
    10-27-16 09:48 AM
    are they supporting Good for Enterprise?

if so, just install the Good android app on BB10 and you're all set.

it's janky as hell but if you really that stuck on continuing to use BB10, that is your only option at this point.
    10-27-16 11:08 AM
    I took your suggestion and installed Good on my Z30. Things work better than expected, if I have it running I get notifications in the hub, but no preview. I can live with it. So, all things are Good. See what I did there?

Thanks to everyone for all the help!!!
    11-07-16 01:15 PM
    That's awesome that it worked.

#luvmybb10os
    11-08-16 11:29 AM