04-28-09 02:01 PM
31 12
tools
    There was a trick I heard of before. I never tried it, but would if I had to.

Put the device in a bowl of rubbing alcohol and then take it out and let it air dry. Word is, alcohol will evaporate and push the water aside so the circuits don't rust on the board.
    Good Point, I had a Samsung, I gave it 1 complete washer cicle, I only leave it get dry in the sun fur 3 days, after that, i had it back
    04-28-09 01:47 AM
    yes for better results wait for 7 days .. rice helped both my curve and pearl with opened container with rice
    04-28-09 09:33 AM
    I lol'd at some of the responses in here. Anyway, update is, I hadn't ever heard of the rice thing before, but we used to suggest customers put it in the freezer, I had always heard deep freezing it will pulls the condensation out but it's risky cause it can mess it up even more. I did that and it turned back on.

Alas, AT&T is teh suck and does not insure PDA phones. It's ok though, I have a small collection of bb phones, 3 pearls (the one i dropped in water, a red and a black) an 8800 and a 7100.

My other black pearl seems to be working well, so I'm going to use it for the moment. I did manage to lose all my contacts though.

I tried to hook both bb devices up to my DM and use switch device, unfortunately i switched them backwards. Now neither phone has contacts. Oh well, guess this is a good time to start over with my friends, the important ones i guess will call me.

Crossing my fingers that the phone will be working today. I got some junked ones at work I'm going to steal parts from to replace any circuit boards that are fried.
    04-28-09 10:07 AM
    Rip blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 01:16 PM
    i wish i had this rice idea when my storm was left on the window sill during a storm and i woke up it was in a puddle of water, but all i did was plug it up and put it under my mattress, by the morning the screen was dry and no major problems
    04-28-09 01:58 PM
    So sorry to hear that i still have my old pearl that fell into the water last year, i was lucky that it still worked. I have it till this day. Good luck! Try the rice trick. i never had, but i heard it really works
    04-28-09 02:01 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD