Like others have said, use Google Talk or another I'm client. Also, you can add her to your BBM contact list if you have 5.0. I have quicklaunch and can also recommend that. You can set a key to launch an sms to any contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 07:30 PM
    I give her 3 months tops before she wishes she had her blackberry back. Palm pre is a terrible phone with a small cheap cramped keypad.
    03-13-10 02:47 PM
    Her 30 days are not up. She just got the phone today. I am still holding out hope that she misses the BB enough to go back. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I installed google talk and see what I think.
    It will be ok. I think that it will take a little while for her to understand how important effective communication is. I would express to her your feelings about her smartphone choices. Maybe there is a compromise. Good luck.

03-13-10 03:56 PM
    WebOS is flashy and cool, but soon she'll be over that and want usability and efficiency, she'll come back! =D

03-13-10 04:01 PM
    My fiancee dropped her mytouch 3G in her cup of water (don't ask) a coupla weeks ago so I got her a white 8520. Granted she can care less on what phone she uses (although she was talking about going back to the mytouch for navigation reasons), she's still on the 8520. I'll slowly convert her.
    03-13-10 04:33 PM
    Her 30 days are not up. She just got the phone today. I am still holding out hope that she misses the BB enough to go back. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I installed google talk and see what I think.
    She will. Anyone I knew who used BB and went to another device, *eventually* came back to BB. I did.
    03-13-10 04:35 PM
    My wife and I used to have 8100 Pearls and neither one of us used the phone for what it was intended for. Just wanted to text, make phone calls and occasionally play a game.

This time around she wanted more, so I said you should get a Bold like mine and she said she didn't want essentially a tad wee bit bigger phone than the Pearl, lol! I told her it was BB's flagship device and she still ended up with a mytouch3g. I hate that phone, but she loves it and that is all that matters...I guess.

By the way, I use my Bold for lots of things, lol!
    03-14-10 11:22 AM
    This is beyond silly. Who cares what who gets? It isn't that hard to sms or find a different means of communication. Its just a phone after all. I don't get fanboys.

03-14-10 12:37 PM
    God forbid you guys actually just call each other versus the text messaging, but who am I to talk. I haven't called anyone since texting was invented.
    03-14-10 12:49 PM
    This thread makes my brain hurt. "I hope you didn't marry her" joking or not, in relation to a damn CELL PHONE, is pathetic. It doesn't qualify as a joke.
    03-14-10 02:10 PM
    Qualified for me....I found it very funny. Taking it a bit personal maybe?

03-14-10 08:49 PM
    God forbid you guys actually just call each other versus the text messaging, but who am I to talk. I haven't called anyone since texting was invented.
    +1
    10 char
    03-14-10 09:46 PM
    This thread makes my brain hurt. "I hope you didn't marry her" joking or not, in relation to a damn CELL PHONE, is pathetic. It doesn't qualify as a joke.
    I actually chuckled out loud. What does that say about me? Am I pathetic or do I just have a sense of humor? Seriously, people like you have got to stop forcing their party-pooping ways on everybody that is obviously part of the majority having a good laugh. Get a life!

What phone does the OP have (Tour, right)? 5.0 has threaded SMS so there is no composing, etc. Even if you don't have it now, I'm sure you will eventually.
    Last edited by jiggyb; 03-14-10 at 11:45 PM.
    03-14-10 11:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD