Hi,

I just bought the Pearl 8120. It is a nice phone but it keeps reseting. It seems that I have less than 1 Meg of inbuilt memory left. I have got rid of all 3rd party software but my Calendar and Phone Book have numerous (10,000+ & 4000+ entries respectively). Is there any way for me to save my calendar data on the memory card so that I free up some space?

Thanks in advance for any constructive advise.

Sam
    02-05-08 06:26 AM
    Hi,

I just bought the Pearl 8120. It is a nice phone but it keeps reseting. It seems that I have less than 1 Meg of inbuilt memory left. I have got rid of all 3rd party software but my Calendar and Phone Book have numerous (10,000+ & 4000+ entries respectively). Is there any way for me to save my calendar data on the memory card so that I free up some space?

Thanks in advance for any constructive advise.

Sam
    With the current OS software no you can not put it on the card.
    One question, not being nosey, but why so many calendar entries? Do you keep all your old ones or are these all new? Same thing with your contacts, do you really call all 4000 of them? Maybe move the ones you don't need to often to a separate folder in Outlook.

You can upgrade to a newer OS version, it is known to help memory issues.
    Also there are a ton of threads on how to manager you memory.
    02-05-08 07:18 AM
    i've heared about a memory leak for the blackberries, maybe this is causing the problem? because i don't think its possible to fill up the whole memory with only calendar items....
    02-05-08 07:43 AM
    Hi.

Sorry for the delayed response!! I migrated from a Palm and I have all my information/appointments from 2000 in my calender. It is helpful when I have to go back and check who I met and when. I realize that it is a lot of entires but the Palm had a search feature in the calender which was great. I love the BB but it is not as efficient in this respect. Also the phone book, I probably will never use more than a handful of numbers that are stored but the minute I delete one of them, I will need it and rue the day I deleted it. I am using the latest software and by deleting some of the less used software have managed to free up 11MB of space. I hope that a newer version of the BB software allows you to save on the memory card.

Thanks for your inputs anyway.

Sam
    02-11-08 11:01 AM
    check media memory settings and set to lowest levels. then pull battery with power on. also make sure all music, pics, and ringtones are on media card
    02-11-08 08:57 PM
    go to
    www . berrycoder . com \ maxmem.jad
    07-21-10 03:50 AM
    There is a very informative post called "Memory Optimization Procedure" in the How To section here on CB. I have used and recommend highly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD