Can I run a MS PowerPoint project from my BlackBerry, directly into a projector or TV? Can I plug a cable from my Blackberry into an TV or projector AV input and play videos, slide shows, and show pictures?

I'm not a BlackBerry user, but am very interested in getting the Storm.
    10-28-08 02:02 PM
    Good question I'll have to test this out at school. What I've been doing so far is using Docs2Go and hooking the BB up to the school's computer with it's included USB cable, and transferring the file from my BB to the comp and running it from there....since our projectors are mounted to the ceiling and hardwired into the room.

I don't think you'd be able to do it...if there were an app out there that allowed you to show your BB screen on a computer or TV I'd say yes, but as of yet I haven't found one. I can see how it's be useful though...
    10-28-08 02:35 PM
    Google: Impatica ShowMate. we use this at work and works great.
    10-28-08 02:57 PM
    I don't want to buy anything else (except a cheap cable). The showmate is $200+...
    I just want to know if I can run a MS PowerPoint directly from my BlackBerry into a project with just a cable.
    10-28-08 03:20 PM
    Man, this would be such a useful feature for me....
    10-28-08 03:24 PM
    With a simple cable...No

Impactica is the only solution that I am aware of.
    10-28-08 04:07 PM
    I have an iPod video, and with a cable, I can run videos and slide shows directly into a TV or a projector. It's a special cable with a 4 conductor jack.

Displaying PowerPoint, videos, and pictures with a BB using a cable would really make it even more powerful.

I wonder if there is software that could make it possible?
    10-28-08 05:23 PM
    Man, this would be such a useful feature for me....

not to say this is a immediate switch or anything but in response have you guys seen the phones that are coming with projectors directly on them... if that gets big I wouldn't see why there wouldnt eventually be a blackberry with this function

at first the phones were real big and ugly but I have seen a few lately that are decent size no bigger then your typical high end blackberry and produce a pretty good picture....

Yes I know this isn't a replacement for a real projector but its certainly interesting none the less...

sorry for the off topic post...
    10-28-08 07:33 PM
    I saw them. That is really cool. Made by 3M.
    10-28-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD