When the rumor for an android based device came out everyone talks about it. My opinion is that it stalls current lineup handsets sales. Maybe some potential buyers want to see if this is true and decide later....
    Your opinion?

Posted via Z30
    06-15-15 12:55 PM
    No I think it will bring all android users back if they want android with a real physical keyboard with up to date specs

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 01:25 PM
    When the rumor for an android based device came out everyone talks about it. My opinion is that it stalls current lineup handsets sales. Maybe some potential buyers want to see if this is true and decide later....
    Your opinion?

Posted via Z30
    Of course it does....

But someone said the definition of insanity was to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.
    06-15-15 01:33 PM
    I remind myself everyday that CB is not the regular phone user population. Before you externalize expectations in any area keep that in mind.
    06-15-15 01:40 PM
    Of course it does....

But someone said the definition of insanity was to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.
    That's the definition of persistence, and also not a real quote by anyone intelligent
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-15-15 02:20 PM
    Average joe on the street knows nothing about these rumours. There too busy living their lives. The only thing stalling BB sales are BB, nothing else. Just look at their quarterly earnings and you'll see the trend. The phones aren't selling... Period... June 23, 2015 earnings report will continue the trend.
    06-15-15 02:24 PM
    Average joe on the street knows nothing about these rumours. There too busy living their lives. The only thing stalling BB sales are BB, nothing else. Just look at their quarterly earnings and you'll see the trend. The phones aren't selling... Period... June 23, 2015 earnings report will continue the trend.
    True....but here in Greece one major tech site wrote about it and I suppose other sites all over the world might have also

Posted via Z30
    06-15-15 04:33 PM
    I don't think a rumour is what's affecting current sales. They've had a tough time selling products regardless.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-15-15 04:39 PM
    I could imagine some BB10 software development projects grinding to a halt.
    06-15-15 04:40 PM
    That's the definition of persistence, and also not a real quote by anyone intelligent
    It's a quote by Albert Einstein, just sayin.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 04:53 PM
    I am reminded of the the time when I purchased a 9900 not knowing that the OS was being orphaned shortly thereafter. BB10 without the ability to use Android apps would be, in effect, an orphan system.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    06-15-15 04:57 PM
    If I consider the number of people who were considering buying a BlackBerry device today, but have heard this rumor can be easily swayed by rumors like this, my guess is that this is around eight people worldwide. It's not a significant number of people.
    phylez likes this.
    06-15-15 06:53 PM
    It will hurt sales, but seeing how bb10 sales are so slow, I think the effect will be marginal.

For example, I have been toying with grabbing a passport for quite a while now (I have a Q10 and Z10). I might hold off for the Slider now, though, and see what it is all about. But, I was feeling that way even before the Android rumours gathered steam.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-15-15 07:35 PM
    Mr. Chen has stated over and over that the direction of BlackBerry needs to be in software. Getting some legitimate "foot in" to the android software will help with the credibility of the company. And as PT Barnum would say "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

Is it ideal for those of us that support BlackBerry OS10's exclusivity? Of course not, but 'us' alone apparently cannot support the company.

Quite frankly I don't understand all these threads popping up in angst over these rumors. BlackBerry has to do something, or they will fade further into obscurity.

I was very excited about QNX and BlackBerry, but they botched it, plain and simple. Now it's time to move on.

Jason

STL100-4 /10.2.1.2976
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-15-15 08:28 PM
    Your opinion?

Posted via Z30
    No the horrible device portfolio and no carrier presence is hurting device sales. Sales were horrible before the rumors.

Posted via Z30
    techvisor and Mecca EL like this.
    06-15-15 08:33 PM
    Yes it's BlackBerry that have been letting these rumors run wild that causes their sales to keep declining. They keep on telling people they don't discuss rumors and speculations but it's this kind of attitude that drives people away from BlackBerry because of the uncertainty of their future. They need to acknowledge these rumors and address the truth just like what they did with their myth buster project.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    06-15-15 09:54 PM
    Update:

NOW...

There's a massive sale on Shop BB....!!!
    Bundle packages at bargain basement prices.

What do we make out of that? What does it mean?

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    wilber1, Mecca EL and techvisor like this.
    06-16-15 04:22 AM
    It's about time they have an accessories sale, their OEM are so expensive.

Update:

NOW...

•   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   •
    06-16-15 04:28 AM
    Update:

NOW...

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    Clearing out inventory before the Android announcement?????

Posted via Z30
    Mecca EL and techvisor like this.
    06-16-15 05:12 AM
    Let's hope people like me who love OS10 don't be treated like the PlayBook....

Posted via Z30
    Mecca EL and thymaster like this.
    06-16-15 05:20 AM
    Let's hope people like me who love OS10 don't be treated like the PlayBook....

Posted via Z30
    I had both and bought into both. If you fully expect to be treated like a toilet by BlackBerry, then you won't be disappointed.

Posted via Z30
    06-16-15 07:21 AM
    It's a quote attributed to Albert Einstein. And it's different from persistence. Suppose someone wanted to pick up a red-hot coal, if they continuously attempt to pick it up with their bare hand and burning his/her-self over and over again. That'd be insanity. Then someone else attempts the same, burns their hand on the first attempt, goes and finds a thick leather glove, then went and successfully picked up the hot coal while wearing the glove, that would be persistence. The difference is that the persistent person didn't do the same (using their bare hands) thing twice.
    06-16-15 07:40 AM
    Well considering that only just a few short weeks ago the news regarding BlackBerry was all about layoffs in the hardware division, I think these Android rumours are only a PR move ahead of the earnings call. Just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I understand there's a lot happening with Android and BB10 on the enterprise side already so there could be some truth to the rumour but most importantly, the press is now talking about what BlackBerry is doing moving forward as opposed to what they were doing to survive.

Your opinion?

Posted via Z30

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:53 AM
    Bb haven't issued a press release that the rumor is unfounded like they did with previous rumors like samsung takeover etc, makes me think there is some legs to it.

Simply, yes it absolutely slows sales. If they are moving away from bb10 to android, why would anyone buy a bb10 device if it's just going to go end of life sooner then later.

Plus, for is that don't like android like me, I would be looking to an iPhone.

While waiting for the white classic to come to canada... It definitely makes my gf keep making her bold last longer... She hates android more then I do..

So yes.. All this android talk is bad for anyone that doesn't like android..

I was considering getting another q10 as backup if mine breaks down but now, no chance of that if future of bb is android.
    06-16-15 09:41 AM
    "Quite frankly I don't understand all these threads popping up in angst over these rumors. BlackBerry has to do something, or they will fade further into obscurity."

Yes! They have to DO something, but that is not in the plan. Years ago, I was in management in a national retail chain. The number one job was to make sure people knew who we were, and what we were selling. We had to be as high profile as possible. Everyone knows this company, because they advertise, unceasingly. How many people (percentage wise) know anything about BlackBerry? It is impossible to gain any market share, at all, if nobody knows you exist. This site is frequented by people who know and use BlackBerry, but your next door neighbor has never even heard of the company or have any idea what they sell. ADVERTISE OR DIE! Ask any retailer.

I know, I know: BlackBerry is not interested in the hoi polloi; they are targeting "The Enterprise". Good luck with that. The Enterprise is actually comprised of companies that are owned, managed and operated by PEOPLE. If people don't hear about you, they will not use your product.

Just an opinion from somebody that nobody knows, or cares to hear from, but who will be a little sad, when my only choice is iPhone, or Android.
    06-16-15 11:08 AM
95 123 ...