CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question rules for new mail envelope notification icon

what are the rules for when BB decides to display the red star for the tiny envelope icon on the top?

I find it that sometimes it downs and sometimes it doesn't remove the red star ...

why?

how...

is there a way to completely disable this icon/notification?

thank you...
    PS I"m on 9930 very latest OS 7.1
    CrackBerry Abuser

generally the red "*" icon goes away once you have opened the mail icon in which the new message is, or the main messages icon.

I did however experience similar issues with certain themes before...sorry, but if that's the issue try changing to a different theme or back to the stock theme...

Using the stock theme on my 9900 on 7.1.0.205 and not having any issues with mine...
    Visit my website for my BB Themes: Mike's BB Themes

8300 -> 8120 -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 9000 -> 9700 -> 9780 -> 9900 -> Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts

Open messages, options, message display and actions - display new message indicator. Uncheck the box.
    CrackBerry Addict

I've had this before too on my Torch, although I've had it with Facebook notifications too.
    As I want to still be informed of new messages, when it happens, I go into the app, select the date at the top, click the menu button and select 'set all previous as read' (or something like that), and the icon disappears.

Si.