That actually happened? Over phones? The movie idiocracy seems to be based on real life.

THEY'RE PHONES! THEY'RE IRRELEVANT!

Also, I feel bad for people who get iPhones because they're the most popular or "in style" or any phone or anything for that matter. How pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I just don't understand how anyone could be okay with walking into a business of any kind (whether they sell phones, groceries, life-saving medical devices, or used tires) and being okay with a sales person insulting the customer for asking for a specific brand of a product. That is never acceptable, and my opinion about that doesn't depend on the industry or product that we're referring to.
    spikesolie likes this.
    10-10-14 01:00 PM
    I guess I just don't understand how anyone could be okay with walking into a business of any kind (whether they sell phones, groceries, life-saving medical devices, or used tires) and being okay with a sales person insulting the customer for asking for a specific brand of a product. That is never acceptable, and my opinion about that doesn't depend on the industry or product that we're referring to.
    I guess according to these people, the only place where it's not ok for the employees to make negative and insulting remarks is at the nursing home where their mother or father is at...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    spikesolie and kthhrrsn like this.
    10-10-14 01:08 PM
    There is a special place in Hades reserved for iPhone users!!

Burn baby, burn!!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    10-10-14 09:38 PM
    It frustrates me greatly when I leave my workplace and go to spend my hard earned dollars somewhere and the person I deal with treats me with disrespect.
    Posted via CB10
    Agree. Sadly, BlackBerry customers have been often treated badly by unprofessional sales persons. It even happened to me months ago. Every sale is important and every customer is important. That girl should be given a better training in sales. Maybe she deserved to ve fired, but I have no respect for the manager who fires employees in front of customers.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 10-25-14 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Repaired [QUOTE] tags
    donemt likes this.
    10-11-14 07:38 AM
    There's rudeness to everyone who has a different opinion to the aggravator. It just so happens that BlackBerry support is the minority

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    10-11-14 09:13 AM
    There's rudeness to everyone who has a different opinion to the aggravator. It just so happens that BlackBerry support is the minority

Posted via CB10
    Opinions are one thing, insults another. Let's not overlook that please

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    10-11-14 11:56 AM
    I wouldn't care.

Because it's not important.
    Whether or not you personally care or believe it's important doesn't mean it's right. It also doesn't mean that the person who went to patronize a business and was insulted by a salesperson shouldn't care and shouldn't complain about the treatment received.

At the end of the day, any employee who deals with customers better understand customer service if they plan on remaining employed for very long. I'm not willing to give this rude employee a pass, and the manager shouldn't either. Her attitude could cost them business. Period.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    spikesolie likes this.
    10-11-14 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    The sales person resorted to name calling, which was absolutely unnecessary.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-11-14 01:24 PM
    The manager used camera footage to confirm the conspiratorial lean?

LOL.
    10-11-14 01:28 PM
    Footage?!? Man that's unbelievable

Posted via CB10
    ... but highly entertaining, no?

Reminds me of the iPhone users jumping the new BB10 user and his girlfriend outside the club.
    10-11-14 01:30 PM
    Maybe she deserved to ve fired, but I have no respect for the manager who fires employees in front of customers.
    Oh - I definitely agree here. It was extremely unprofessional for her to insult a customer; and it was extremely unprofessional for a manager to not wait until after hours, quietly take her aside and deal with it then.
    Uusi Puhelin likes this.
    10-24-14 02:36 AM
    Not all, back when I was younger I worked in retail and I wouldn't push brands I liked. I would sell them what I feel would suit their needs the best. I would hope people would do that but I have experienced that a lot of sales people will simply push their opinions on you, and that's unfortunate...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    There are always 4 issues at play which influence a sale: what the consumer WANTS, what the consumer NEEDS, what the business WANTS (to sell you), what the sales person personally prefers.

A good sales person will try their best to sell you what you need... but often that's the least of their priorities. businesses often have incentives to move inventory, and sales quotas to promote "make the sale today" attitude.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:17 AM
    Now she really really really hates BlackBerry!
    I think that she'll never trust BlackBerry! Never ever!!

What about giving her another chance?
    She's got to take a Z10 and make 10 ppl buy it instead of an iPhone. If she succeeds until the End of the month, she can keep the job.
    The next month, it's 10 more and by the End of the year 30!! Else, she can leave volountierly.

LOL

Nah... Sad story... but hey! Did the manager say sth about the Passport??

Have a nice day!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    I actually think you have a good idea there. It forces her to learn the device. Never know, she may have turned a new leaf lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-24-14 03:09 PM
    It's heartwarming to hear you got a young girl fired from her job from an argument over a brand of a cell phone. With unemployment at 25 - 50% for people under 30 in Europe, its excellent to hear she was fired from her job because of your valiant efforts to defend Blackberry! I am so happy to hear Blackberry's name was not harmed while that peasant will most likely be unemployed for months to come suffering from lack of income and will more than likely deal with a desperate situation for a long time to come.

I personally think anyone that speaks ill of a cell phone - especially Blackberry - should be mercilessly punished. Fired from her job - lol - that should just be the 1st step. Next, she should be flogged and then at least put in jail for 6 months. I main, come on man! The women had the nerve to insult a cell phone brand! That's lunacy! What's next? Allowing people to criticize cars or clothes? I am so happy to hear you prevented such a grave travesty of justice. If I were you, I probably would have punched her and made her lick the floor after she was fired just to be sure she understood the serious nature of her offense.

This woman, probably brainwashed by others who doesn't have a good grasp of technology, had the nerve to criticize Blackberry and then went on a mad rampage by pulling out her IPhone. I don't know if I could personally have handled the seriousness of this situation as well as you did.

We must do all we can to ensure our material possessions are protected from harm and criticize from mad lunatics like her. I hope she starves on frozen pizza and soup for a long time to come! Just imagine the rush you must have felt knowing you got someone fired over a cell phone! Awesome.

It warms my heart that as a society we don't hesitate to ensure someone never criticizes our things and take valiant efforts like this hero to ensure those that do suffer from it. Forget that silly Bible passage that says to turn the other cheek. -- OH! Or the nonsensical passage about loving your enemies or even worse loving your neighbor.

Justice was done AND I LOVE IT. Suffer you foolish woman!!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-27-14 09:48 PM
    It's heartwarming to hear you got a young girl fired from her job from an argument over a brand of a cell phone. With unemployment at 25 - 50% for people under 30 in Europe, its excellent to hear she was fired from her job because of your valiant efforts to defend Blackberry! I am so happy to hear Blackberry's name was not harmed while that peasant will most likely be unemployed for months to come suffering from lack of income and will more than likely deal with a desperate situation for a long time to come.

I personally think anyone that speaks ill of a cell phone - especially Blackberry - should be mercilessly punished. Fired from her job - lol - that should just be the 1st step. Next, she should be flogged and then at least put in jail for 6 months. I main, come on man! The women had the nerve to insult a cell phone brand! That's lunacy! What's next? Allowing people to criticize cars or clothes? I am so happy to hear you prevented such a grave travesty of justice. If I were you, I probably would have punched her and made her lick the floor after she was fired just to be sure she understood the serious nature of her offense.

This woman, probably brainwashed by others who doesn't have a good grasp of technology, had the nerve to criticize Blackberry and then went on a mad rampage by pulling out her IPhone. I don't know if I could personally have handled the seriousness of this situation as well as you did.

We must do all we can to ensure our material possessions are protected from harm and criticize from mad lunatics like her. I hope she starves on frozen pizza and soup for a long time to come! Just imagine the rush you must have felt knowing you got someone fired over a cell phone! Awesome.

It warms my heart that as a society we don't hesitate to ensure someone never criticizes our things and take valiant efforts like this hero to ensure those that do suffer from it. Forget that silly Bible passage that says to turn the other cheek. -- OH! Or the nonsensical passage about loving your enemies or even worse loving your neighbor.

Justice was done AND I LOVE IT. Suffer you foolish woman!!
    (again, assuming the story is true, we're not here to argue the OP's integrity) Well, perhaps if she would take the job seriously and not insult customers to their faces and then openly lie about it. I don't really see how statistics, her age, or her gender has any bearing in whether or not she deserved to be fired. But hey, that's none of my business right?
    boysontheblock likes this.
    10-27-14 11:13 PM
    They had cameras and microphones hooked up?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:38 PM
    They had cameras and microphones hooked up?

Posted via CB10
    Just enjoy the story. Don't ask too many questions.
    10-27-14 11:41 PM
    It amazes me how little the words honesty and integrity mean to most people.
    Are people not raising their kids right or something?
    It shouldn't be the job of a teacher or an acquaintance to teach some people these traits. I for one would rather be known as a jerk for life for calling people out on their dishonest ways and maybe embarrassing them in front of others, hoping perhaps that it will trigger some sort of change in them, than live through life knowing that people will lie to me or others to their face and think it is morally acceptable to do so without consequence.
    And I'm no teacher.
    Gilda675 likes this.
    10-28-14 01:12 AM
    (again, assuming the story is true, we're not here to argue the OP's integrity) Well, perhaps if she would take the job seriously and not insult customers to their faces and then openly lie about it. I don't really see how statistics, her age, or her gender has any bearing in whether or not she deserved to be fired. But hey, that's none of my business right?

Sir, I could not agree with you more! Justice was done here. She deserved to be fired right on the spot without any discussion whatsoever. The idea of having some compassion these days and pointing out her shortcomings in an effort to help her improve as a person is a silly and ridiculous notion. I mean could you imagine if her supervisor would have written her up and discussed her faults with her in an effort to steer her in the right direction? Oh, how I laugh at such a notion!

Oh, and even better. Instead of having her fired from her job and losing her income, could you imagine if the hero who shared this post with us would have merely pointed out her faults in the meeting in the hopes of helping her improve herself and asking the supervisor not to fire her but work with her so it doesn't happen again. How awful would that have been!

The idea that she may have been having a hard time in her personal life such as a family member passing away or her husband leaving her should never factor into the way we treat our fellow human beings. Anytime opportunity presents itself, you should mercilessly crush the person like this noble poster did. The idea we should help others improve themselves before taking away their livelihood should never factor into our decisions. Concepts of understanding, caring and walking in another person's shoes are old outdated concepts that should be thrown away and replaced with cold hard justice.

I salute this man not only for bringing this situation to the attention of the supervisor but going the extra mile to ensure she was fired for her grave insults and harm she did to this man's ego. How unacceptable would it have been for this hero to have had a conversation with her and the supervisor telling her that her actions were unacceptable and she should correct her attitude in hopes to help her improve herself and keep her job. Sheer NONSENSE! Unacceptable!

Sir, I tip my hat to you. You should be recognized along with other hero's that valiantly crushed people through sheer violence and force such as Martin Luther King, Jesus, and Gandhi. Oh, how I remember the days when Gandhi preached to ensure you are as merciless as possible to your fellow humans. Good times. Gandhi would have definitely agreed with your actions.

Don't ever give another person a second chance, think about the struggles they may be dealing with or allow them to improve as people through your understanding and compassion. Make sure decisive action is taken and the maximum damage is done to their job, personality, and income.

This post is just a constant reminder that as a society we are making strides in the right direction. I salute you hero!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-28-14 10:38 PM
    Sound like someone I know lol

Q10 10.3.1.821
    10-28-14 10:50 PM
    This post is just a constant reminder that as a society we are making strides in the right direction. I salute you hero!
    I love your posts in this thread, honestly.
    You have a talent for sarcasm and cynicism. That's rare nowadays and I appreciate you writing style.

BUT:
    Please, please, please, use more commas

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 11:16 PM

Sir, I could not agree with you more! Justice was done here. She deserved to be fired right on the spot without any discussion whatsoever. The idea of having some compassion these days and pointing out her shortcomings in an effort to help her improve as a person is a silly and ridiculous notion. I mean could you imagine if her supervisor would have written her up and discussed her faults with her in an effort to steer her in the right direction? Oh, how I laugh at such a notion!

Oh, and even better. Instead of having her fired from her job and losing her income, could you imagine if the hero who shared this post with us would have merely pointed out her faults in the meeting in the hopes of helping her improve herself and asking the supervisor not to fire her but work with her so it doesn't happen again. How awful would that have been!

The idea that she may have been having a hard time in her personal life such as a family member passing away or her husband leaving her should never factor into the way we treat our fellow human beings. Anytime opportunity presents itself, you should mercilessly crush the person like this noble poster did. The idea we should help others improve themselves before taking away their livelihood should never factor into our decisions. Concepts of understanding, caring and walking in another person's shoes are old outdated concepts that should be thrown away and replaced with cold hard justice.

I salute this man not only for bringing this situation to the attention of the supervisor but going the extra mile to ensure she was fired for her grave insults and harm she did to this man's ego. How unacceptable would it have been for this hero to have had a conversation with her and the supervisor telling her that her actions were unacceptable and she should correct her attitude in hopes to help her improve herself and keep her job. Sheer NONSENSE! Unacceptable!

Sir, I tip my hat to you. You should be recognized along with other hero's that valiantly crushed people through sheer violence and force such as Martin Luther King, Jesus, and Gandhi. Oh, how I remember the days when Gandhi preached to ensure you are as merciless as possible to your fellow humans. Good times. Gandhi would have definitely agreed with your actions.

Don't ever give another person a second chance, think about the struggles they may be dealing with or allow them to improve as people through your understanding and compassion. Make sure decisive action is taken and the maximum damage is done to their job, personality, and income.

You should make strides in learning how to read, because once you do, you'll realize that in the OP's story that she's done this many times in the past. But again. None of my business. Your sarcasm makes you superior... Congrats.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-28-14 11:34 PM
    You should make strides in learning how to read, because once you do, you'll realize that in the OP's story that she's done this many times in the past. But again. None of my business. Your sarcasm makes you superior... Congrats.
    I understand your opinion and his.
    As the store manager, it would be hard for me to keep her, I'll be honest here.
    She's unproductive and drives customers away. I basically have to get rid of her, if I care about my business.

As a human being with emotions however, I am definitely of the opinion that one should try as many things to "get her back on track" as one possibly can, before she gets fired.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 11:51 PM
    I understand your opinion and his.
    As the store manager, it would be hard for me to keep her, I'll be honest here.
    She's unproductive and drives customers away. I basically have to get rid of her, if I care about my business.

As a human being with emotions however, I am definitely of the opinion that one should try as many things to "get her back on track" as one possibly can, before she gets fired.

Posted via CB10
    If she was someone I care about, yes, of course I'll do my best to help that person. But as a boss, trying to run a business, someone's short-comings are not my concern unless their intentions were good and it was simply a lack of ability. Then I would definitely work with that person. But insulting others and then lying, none of that spells good intentions to me. I value integrity a lot more than most people, and it's one of those qualities that really **** me off when someone lacks it.

Also, if an employee does not take his/her job seriously enough to not insult customers to their face, and then lie to me to my face, then he/she does not deserve it. There are plenty of people out there who are looking for jobs who would take it seriously. And given what the OP said in his story is true, this girl is a repeat offender, so this is simply the straw that broke the camel's back. So it sounds like she had plenty of second chances. Probably was a third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth chance already. Even the most compassionate person would lose patience by then.

And if you think about it, the fact that the boss didn't fire her after the first time, and that it had to be multiple offenses before he fired her, that proves he tried to give her a chance. I'm pretty sure he had said something to her in the past, so obviously she should have learned that what she was doing was wrong by then. Which in my eyes, is even more of an insult that he would give her a chance and she would just basically spit in his face by continuing to do what she does regardless of the mercy he has bestowed upon her in the past.

Of course, this is all assuming the OP's story is true. I don't personally see a manager carrying out his business in front of a customer like that, but this apparently didn't happen in the same country as me, so maybe things are different where he is, I have no idea, and I'm not here to insult the OP by accusing him of making this story up. I am merely forming my opinion based 100% on the criteria set in this story.
    10-29-14 12:44 AM
    ^
    I fully agree with that, no questions asked.
    Also the thing about lacking integrity, and her repeatedly doing the same thing is kind of a bummer.
    Obviously, other people are looking for a job as well and might be (/are) better suited as a sales clerk than her.

But, our capitalistic world can be very cold sometimes, so I do have a soft spot for people who are trying to bring back some "humanity" in that dog eat dog world.
    And you do have to admit that the poster is pretty good with sarcasm, even though his posts are oozing with pathos (if you look behind the sarcasm)

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-29-14 12:56 AM
138 ... 3456