100% this did not happen... come on now, calling a random customer into his office? Pulls out the camera footage and everything and fires her on the spot? Come on now.
    10-07-14 08:58 PM
    I know you manage or own some kind of Carrier store. If you think that her attitude was acceptable then you are not a good manager (or owner). Doesn't matter what phone he was asking about. The customer wants what they want and should never be made fun of or put down in any way. I have been in this situation first hand also, like many others here have said too. It's not over a phone or piece of glass. It's the attitude of these people that is not acceptable and you should know that.
    Doesn't happen in my store. Nor would the whole firing thing in the way this was described or I'd be dealing with a labour board complaint.

Of course, I think the OP is lying, so it never happened at all.
    10-07-14 09:19 PM
    100% this did not happen... come on now, calling a random customer into his office? Pulls out the camera footage and everything and fires her on the spot? Come on now.
    I believe he stated he knows the store manager as most people know each other in his area.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:20 PM
    Doesn't happen in my store. Nor would the whole firing thing in the way this was described or I'd be dealing with a labour board complaint.

Of course, I think the OP is lying, so it never happened at all.
    http://www.csb-advocates.com/malta-l...tions/overview

Maltese labour laws. Scroll a bit down and it has a dismissal section.

Actually quite surprised that Malta has a very organised labour law/legislation.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:24 PM
    I don't know where you are from but I assure you that things work differently in my country. Malta is a tiny island about 36 km long and everyone knows everyone. And laws exist to be broken here. if you know someone in high places, you can do what you like. Anyway you are free to not believe all you like. I told the story as it happened and people's opinions do not really interest me.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    Al1n likes this.
    10-07-14 10:21 PM
    People here just don't seem to get the picture. It was her ATTITUDE and LIES that got here fired. Nothing to do with what phone or company. She got taught a really good life lesson and let's hope she learned from it. I'm sick of people that work in retail acting like tools. If they can't act professional and do their job correctly then don't let the door hit you on the way out. What about her apartment or her child???? Give me a break.
    10-07-14 10:51 PM
    To get virtual pats on the back for a job well done? For attention?
    Maybe I'm a little too trusting but I believe the OP. Like I said, I have had VERY similar things like this happen to me more than just a few times. There are a lot of very unprofessional and just outright stupid and rude people working in retail places today and they need to be taught life lessons.
    10-07-14 10:54 PM
    People here just don't seem to get the picture. It was her ATTITUDE and LIES that got here fired. Nothing to do with what phone or company. She got taught a really good life lesson and let's hope she learned from it. I'm sick of people that work in retail acting like tools. If they can't act professional and do their job correctly then don't let the door hit you on the way out. What about her apartment or her child???? Give me a break.
    Good Lord, man, it was her attitude and lies ABOUT A PHONE. A hunk of metal and plastic made by a corporation for you to carry around and do things with.

And to your last part, you have literally no idea what this girl was going through. Geezus, you're being insensitive to people's lives, man! Did she curse at the OP? Did she insult his mother? No. She made fun of his choice of phone, so he tells the manager, then goes around back and gets her fired.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:57 PM
    Certainly no excuse for ignorance.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 11:45 PM
    Oh, Btw OP, this thread is now being spread around various sites and they're all making fun of Crackberry. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 11:49 PM
    Maybe I'm a little too trusting but I believe the OP. Like I said, I have had VERY similar things like this happen to me more than just a few times. There are a lot of very unprofessional and just outright stupid and rude people working in retail places today and they need to be taught life lessons.
    Lying is outright wrong. No moral codex, standards or anything needs to be cited. Not even the ten commandments, even though these are self-evident/self-explanatory. Dishonesty is not acceptable. Not at home, not at work.

If she had owned up to it, with an honest and heartfelt apology, and a pledge to change her behavior, I am sure there would have been a chance of the manager letting her off the hook. People deserve a second chance.

I learned a few lessons the hard way, too. And in the end, I reckon I profited from it more than I suffered.

Let's wish her all the best. I do. :-))

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    VeryBumpy and lift like this.
    10-08-14 12:11 AM
    She is not suited for her job. Another one better is waiting. This is all within JC's plan to improve our lives, one per person at a time.
    lift likes this.
    10-08-14 12:25 AM
    Good Lord, man, it was her attitude and lies ABOUT A PHONE. A hunk of metal and plastic made by a corporation for you to carry around and do things with.

And to your last part, you have literally no idea what this girl was going through. Geezus, you're being insensitive to people's lives, man! Did she curse at the OP? Did she insult his mother? No. She made fun of his choice of phone, so he tells the manager, then goes around back and gets her fired.

Posted via CB10
    Don't wanna carry that any further, but please consider, she damaged two brands (Vodafone + BBRY), and last but not least the reputation of the local store. Not only her own income and livelihood depend(s/ed) on it, but also the manager's and everyone else's who's involved. Anyone would clearly see the wrong if a car or shop window had been damaged. Badmouthing can be as bad.

On a small island, trashtalk spreads faster than lightning. I live in a far-away regional city of about 100,000 people. Neither you nor your business wanna be known as a trashtalkers, rip-offs or crooks in an environment like that...

Garbage in, garbage out. Or, we reap what we sow. Again, let's wish her all the best...

I hope the thread doesn't derail any further. Let's keep it civil. :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Ecm and lift like this.
    10-08-14 12:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I take it you've never worked in retail? I did when I was younger, and it literally does not matter what the subject matter is. Whether it is a phone, a car, someone's hair, it doesn't matter. The NUMBER ONE purpose for a retail worker is CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you make rude or insulting remarks that can offend a customer, REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE TOPIC IS, that is a HUGE no-no and can easily get you fired. Now, when a customer comes in and expresses interest in product X, and you respond with "only idiots like product X," you must be from another planet to not think that remark can be offensive to that customer...

Again, I'm not making any statements of the story's authenticity, I'm engaging in the discussion based on the situation as presented in the story... IF everything he said was true, then she got herself fired. But I know, we live in a world now where it's everyone else's fault but your own. Personal accountability is a thing of the past, don't worry, I'm not naive, I understand that's what we've come to now...
    10-08-14 12:49 AM
    Amazing how something very plausible always seems to be called out as being fake in the forums, this is very plausible. Some people's attitude towards BBRY is so negative like that. As for getting people fired, well as a businessman and business owner I would be too glad to have any of my employees that makes me lose business fired!
    lift likes this.
    10-08-14 03:42 AM
    I wouldn't say that she didn't deserve to be fired over something like that.
    Of course you could say it's tragic to lose a job because of a phone, or basically a piece of tech and it might be hard for her but still - it's all her bad!

Phones are her business. That's why they're not just phones but the center of her employment.

And then...
    1. She has shown clear incompetence about the products sold by her business.
    2. She made fun of a customer in a bad way and accused him indirectly of being an *****!

This would be reason enough in most retail businesses to fire someone.
    10-08-14 06:43 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    10-08-14 06:48 AM
    I recently had rude and bad experience with a shop manager in a supermarket. That manager was hounding my son all over the store and even called the police because he thought my son was damaging goods. My son is Autistic and he likes organizing goods on the shelves. The manager interpreted this as destroying the goods. Cops came but no charge cause there was no crime.

I called their Head office, took them 2 days to investigate. They invited us back to the store so that manager can apologize. Apology accepted and we can go back to that store anytime without fear of being hounded.

An apology to me is better than getting a person fired as people can learn from their mistakes.
    10-08-14 09:03 AM
    One thing I'm curious about. Isn't store video footage just video? How did the manager know what was said If the camera was from a distance. Are there microphones all over the store?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-08-14 09:13 AM
    Malta eh, you should have mentioned to her that BlackBerry was a Canadian company... it probably wouldn't have mattered but it would have been an opportunity to toss in a comment about Buzz Beurling (the Falcon of Malta). He's a Canadian WW2 fighter pilot ace that single handedly saved the beautiful island of Malta.

Just saying.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    He had lots of help.
    10-08-14 09:23 AM
    A three generation old iPhone is "in style?"

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:39 AM
    Dude just drop it. I wasn't the one who spread it across various sites. You don't agree with what happened, cool that is your right. But just stop posting lame comments.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    lift likes this.
    10-08-14 09:54 AM
    Did she curse at the OP? Did she insult his mother? No. She made fun of his choice of phone, so he tells the manager, then goes around back and gets her fired.
    Ummm, she works at a phone store. She made fun of his choice of a phone. I'm not arguing with you but you still don't get the point. Her job is to help people and sell phones. Not make fun of you if you don't happen to want what she uses. Enough said.
    10-08-14 11:12 AM
    Oh, Btw OP, this thread is now being spread around various sites and they're all making fun of Crackberry. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Posted via CB10
    They come to this site to mock BlackBerry users daily.....need not worry about the other sites. They have been doing that for years!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:20 AM
    I would give you my "ancient" home button but I am currently using it to securely open up my iPhone instantly rather than manually inputting passwords like BB10. To each their own, I guess.
    Touch� Old Chap! To each their own indeed.

The takeaway here is that BlackBerry is still at the frontlines of technology along with its competitors. They've invested in current hardware as embodied in the Passport as well as innovations such as Picture Password, Touch-Sensitive Keyboard etc. Therefore, a potential buyer would not be investing in ancient tech but one of the most fresh, unique, cross-platform, stable, secure and professionally-regarded mobile computing platforms.

Shops and their sales reps everywhere have the power to diversify the technological tastes of consumers and encourage innovation by supporting fresh and unique ideas. I hope they all reduce their tendency to blindly follow the big players.
    Playbook007 and Prem WatsApp like this.
    10-08-14 12:02 PM
138 12345 ...