hey everyone, on my computer for some strange reason i can't delete and reinstall the blackberry desktop manager because the roxio media manager says the application is in use, when i go to fix, modify or repair i choose repair it says that media manager needs to finish being installed , it just annoying sitting onmy screen /// plain and simple i need to delete and reinstall any suggestions,,,,,,,,,,, pleeeeeeeeease help
    06-28-09 06:37 PM
    start task manager and make sure there is nothing running in there.
    06-28-09 06:52 PM
    I had that for so long! I couldn't install or uninstall because every time I booted my computer the Roxio installer started and hung half way through. I think in the end I ran msconfig and found the entry that was starting the installer on boot. I disabled that then removed the Roxio installer files. That seemed to do the trick.
    Good Luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 06:53 PM
    thanks rlp32 and toddbanner thats just what its doing hangin half way through but how do i find which entry it is after you u removed the files did you reinstall?
    06-28-09 07:04 PM
    You might also try using CCleaner to uninstall, it's bit more robust that the control panel.
    06-28-09 10:05 PM
    The makers of Roxio MM should all be thrown into a burlap sack and flogged into unconsciousness with whiffle ball bats.

There are probably viruses and other malware out there less intrusive and system-sucking then Roxio.
    06-28-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD