All of a sudden my Roxio media manger does not work. When I open it I get an error message. I am using desktop manager version 4.5 that includes Roxio media manager version 6.00 Any suggestions? Should I upgrade to desktop manager version 4.7? Thanks.
    12-06-08 07:32 AM
    My recommendation: uninstall DM w/roxio. Goto the BB website and download DM 6.0 without roxio (media manager). If you need to exchange media between your BB and PC, put your BB in mass media mode and drag/drop your files. I find it a much smoother operation.
    12-06-08 08:12 AM
    So in other words do not use roxio at all? Will I still be able to transfer videos and pictures from my PC to my BB? And will I still be able to delete pics from my BB through the computer?
    12-06-08 08:18 AM
    Indeed. When your BB is in mass media mode, it appears on your PC just like any other USB drive. You can create folders, delete files, move files between your BB and PC. I use windows explorer to do my file management on my media card (BB). I frequently update my files and found this process to be smoother than using the media manager.
    12-06-08 08:32 AM
    Yes but how do I copy videos from computer to BB n the proper format. I tried it but it does not convert the wmv videos to MPEG..so I cannot view them in the BB.
    12-06-08 08:44 AM
    I had a snafu with my Roxio. I just used Control Panel, Add/Remove, and Repair to reinstall - it works fine now. Doesn't one need Roxio, not just to convert mp4s, e.g., other software can do that too, but to optimize for the BB?
    12-06-08 09:34 AM
    Did you repair roxio or BB device manager?
    12-06-08 10:04 AM
    Yes but how do I copy videos from computer to BB n the proper format. I tried it but it does not convert the wmv videos to MPEG..so I cannot view them in the BB.
    I use a program called Xilisoft, which converts any video format to the BB native format .3GP, which works very well. It's a commercial product, but I covert video formats from one to another for other reasons as well.
    12-06-08 11:01 AM
    I uninstalled BB device manager. I downloaded it again, complete with Roxio MM. However the Roxio media managerwould not load. IN fact the downolad just stalled out completely when it got to media manger part.

Is this problem possibly related to my computer? I want to keep roxio and use it because it was fine when working. Thanks.
    12-06-08 11:36 AM
    When a program won't install, it can be caused by numerous factors. Initially you said that roxio stopped working. Had you recently made any other changes to your computer (new programs/updates/etc) prior to roxio not working?
    12-06-08 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD