I'm having issues with my rolly ball, all of a sudden it stopped lighting up and will scroll around but will not click on anything... any solutions to this problem? Or is there any way I can use my phone without a rolly ball in the meantime because with insurance it usually takes a couple days to ship the phone out.
    11-12-08 01:29 AM
    first with the phone on pull out the battery for 30 seconds and put it back in. and if that doesn't work you could buy a new one here BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry
    11-12-08 01:31 AM
    Never heard it called a "rolly ball"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 01:34 AM
    Tap the trackball a few times with your index finger rapidly like you're trying to pop it. Sometimes this loosens the dirt or whatever behind it and makes it work again.
    11-12-08 01:34 AM

Hahaha, me either!!

11-12-08 01:38 AM
    nothings really helping... is it bad that it doesnt light up anymore? does that mean somethings wrong inside the phone and it's not just the ball?
    11-12-08 01:39 AM
    I am glad that I am not the only one that was stunned by the term. I even twittered about it.
    11-12-08 01:41 AM
    Sorry I have no idea what it's actually called, i just call it a rolly ball- as do just about all of my friends that have a BB as well.
    11-12-08 01:44 AM
    Sorry I have no idea what it's actually called, i just call it a rolly ball- as do just about all of my friends that have a BB as well.
    Trackball... Now you can be cooler than them since you know what it's really called.
    11-12-08 01:52 AM
    Thanks- my trackball is still broken
    11-12-08 01:59 AM
    Just tell your friends don't mistake a "rolly polly" (that's a bug incase you don't know southern slang) for a new "rolly ball" I could see callin it the mouse my uncle does that and I still laugh at him lol

11-12-08 09:57 AM
    It could be a hardware problem. You should just call your carrier and have it replaced. Either way, you're gonna have to wait a couple days if you order a new trackball.

11-12-08 10:16 AM
    I wasn't trying to make fun of you. Just thought the name was funny.

11-12-08 11:08 AM
    You can still use your "rolly-ball". Just roll over whatever you want and hit the enter key to open things up. Yes I like rolly ball or crap ball as I call em

11-12-08 11:46 AM
    Yes the track ball term became more well known when the mice were invented with a ball ontop of the mouse... however its getting more and more rare that you even see those mice for sale in many places.. and now thinking about it I can remember a few laptops that had a trackball on them =)
    11-12-08 12:17 PM
    the rolly ball is only recently called the "trackball"

It's first implementation was on the "Pearl" and the device is called the "Pearl" because the trackball resembles a Pearl. Once other devices came out with the Pearl, they started calling it the trackball.
    11-12-08 12:49 PM
    the rolly ball is only recently called the "trackball"

It's first implementation was on the "Pearl" and the device is called the "Pearl" because the trackball resembles a Pearl. Once other devices came out with the Pearl, they started calling it the trackball.
    cool I didn't know that was the reason they named the Pearl the Pearl. so how did they come up with curve, storm, and bold?
    11-12-08 03:10 PM
    If you look at the Curve's side.. you will see that the colored plastic is actually..Curve'd.

the Storm and Bold have nothing to do with the device's physically.

The Storm was most likely coined because it's going to take the Blackberry world by "storm" whereas the Bold could be that it's a bold device in that it has ALL the technologies from almost all devices, in 1 device.(just my theory)

Did you know the reason they call them "Blackberry"?

RIM hired an outside company to get a name for the device..one of the people working for them said that the key's resembled seeds.. and voila..they are now called Blackberry's.
    Last edited by sniffs; 11-12-08 at 05:34 PM.
    11-12-08 03:40 PM
    aww i think the rolly ball nickname is kinda cute
    11-12-08 05:26 PM

Neither have i but I kinda like the term, for some reason it sticks with me, maybe I am losing it BB style ...

Julian
    11-12-08 05:35 PM
    Yeah I like rolly ball too. I think its hilarious.
    11-13-08 12:07 AM
    ..my track ball is kinda stiff.. =( this is my second bb though. ahh oh well!
    =)
    11-13-08 04:55 AM
    Hate to be hijacking a thread but the topic kind of turned into this and I do believe the OP's question was answered

Interesting about the trackball
    Trackball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    11-13-08 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD