Of course it is very clear that folks on this forum are not happy with Rogers and their decision not to have the z30. Lately I have seen some questionable decisions and actions by them and makes me wonder whether they think they are invincible or rather that they really don't care about their customers and can continue to do whatever they want. Prior to this announcement of the z30, there were a couple of instances where I was left stunned at the actions of Rogers.

I am currently on Rogers. Have been a long time customer (same with my entire family), but recently began the process of looking at switching providers. Probably going to Bell, but will consider Telus as well.

Instance 1:
    The problem happened when I realized that I was getting a lot of dropped calls at home, browsing was horrendously slow and I could see that LTE and 4G signals were really bad (one or two bars, but sometimes none). Sometimes would drop to Edge. I began to ask around the neighbourhood and others stated they noticed the same thing (my wife is on Bell and she has full bars). We all filed service tickets (and ensured they were connected) but were told that the network team ran some field tests and everything is fine. After numerous attempts to show them they were wrong, they said there was nothing else they could do. However, the one solution they thought would make sense is that each of us should buy a signal booster or antenna (AT OUR OWN COST) to compensate for the fact that we were in a weak area. Are these guys crazy? I can understand if it was just me, but this covers the neighbourhood. Why should we pay for something to compensate for their lack of service. We are not out in some rural area with plenty of distance between us. I was shocked at the solution and I said that it probably meant that we would all likely switch providers and they pretty much said "go ahead".

Instance 2:
    I work for an organization with a large number of employees that require mobile devices. This is a very significant account to Rogers (I know this since they had made a little side comment on this to me before). Our monthly wireless bill with them must be quite large. We have accounts with all of the 3 major carriers, and as all normal companies do, we look at various ways to reduce costs. From what I was told internally, we went to each of the carriers and asked if we could look at ways we can structure our plans more efficiently. Both Telus and Bell came back and were willing to talk about it and explore. However, Rogers came back and said "Nope". Again, this is just shocking to me. We are slowly going to transition to Bell and Telus for our wireless plans.

I think Rogers may need to wake up soon and quickly react to what is happening in the market. Ironically, this is what most people are criticizing Blackberry for.
    10-04-13 10:23 AM
    And if they didn't say they weren't selling the 30 would this post still exist?
    10-04-13 10:27 AM
    My employer is in transition away from Rogers since the summer over to Telus. My personal phone is Telus. I can tell you that my personal phone is much better in terms of service, especially when I am not in a major city centre. I consistently get more bars with my Telus phone than my Rogers phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:32 AM
    And if they didn't say they weren't selling the 30 would this post still exist?
    Umm...yes it would have. The z30 decision was a separate instance of what I deem questionable. That was the only mention of it. I was discussing the other 2 instances that i have been involved with.

I don't understand where you are coming from. I'm just stating facts. I'm not suggesting people leave. You may have had good experience with them. That is great. Just venting my frustration. Perhaps you are a Rogers employee. I don't know.
    10-04-13 12:29 PM
    Of course it is very clear that folks on this forum are not happy with Rogers and their decision not to have the z30. Lately I have seen some questionable decisions and actions by them and makes me wonder whether they think they are invincible or rather that they really don't care about their customers and can continue to do whatever they want. Prior to this announcement of the z30, there were a couple of instances where I was left stunned at the actions of Rogers.

I am currently on Rogers. Have been a long time customer (same with my entire family), but recently began the process of looking at switching providers. Probably going to Bell, but will consider Telus as well.

Instance 1:
    The problem happened when I realized that I was getting a lot of dropped calls at home, browsing was horrendously slow and I could see that LTE and 4G signals were really bad (one or two bars, but sometimes none). Sometimes would drop to Edge. I began to ask around the neighbourhood and others stated they noticed the same thing (my wife is on Bell and she has full bars). We all filed service tickets (and ensured they were connected) but were told that the network team ran some field tests and everything is fine. After numerous attempts to show them they were wrong, they said there was nothing else they could do. However, the one solution they thought would make sense is that each of us should buy a signal booster or antenna (AT OUR OWN COST) to compensate for the fact that we were in a weak area. Are these guys crazy? I can understand if it was just me, but this covers the neighbourhood. Why should we pay for something to compensate for their lack of service. We are not out in some rural area with plenty of distance between us. I was shocked at the solution and I said that it probably meant that we would all likely switch providers and they pretty much said "go ahead".

Instance 2:
    I work for an organization with a large number of employees that require mobile devices. This is a very significant account to Rogers (I know this since they had made a little side comment on this to me before). Our monthly wireless bill with them must be quite large. We have accounts with all of the 3 major carriers, and as all normal companies do, we look at various ways to reduce costs. From what I was told internally, we went to each of the carriers and asked if we could look at ways we can structure our plans more efficiently. Both Telus and Bell came back and were willing to talk about it and explore. However, Rogers came back and said "Nope". Again, this is just shocking to me. We are slowly going to transition to Bell and Telus for our wireless plans.

I think Rogers may need to wake up soon and quickly react to what is happening in the market. Ironically, this is what most people are criticizing Blackberry for.
    That's basically SOP for the first issue... also, if they runnetwork diagnostics and can't replicate the problem, they aren't going to mess with the system to potentially appease 10-15 customers when it may **** off 100+ by making a change. and yeah, as for threatening to leave... if you honestly think that even 50 people leaving in one day would even phase them in the least then you don't understand customer service or the nature of service providers.. The grass is always greener on the other side.. As for the corporate bill, have you considered that perhaps the services they are offering you for your corporate wireless solution are already at the best price they can provide?
    10-04-13 03:08 PM
    I left Rogers 10? years ago due to questionable billing practices and haven't looked back.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 03:31 PM
    ... As for the corporate bill, have you considered that perhaps the services they are offering you for your corporate wireless solution are already at the best price they can provide?
    Do you really believe that? There is always room for negotiation and even if this wasn't the case, then you should still be open to a discussion about it, at least explain how this is the best price. If you just cut it off at "no", you won't be surprised when we take our account elsewhere. If you don't understand this, then I think you are not a part of any form of business relationship, nor have a good understanding how business works.
    10-04-13 05:46 PM
    Umm...yes it would have. The z30 decision was a separate instance of what I deem questionable. That was the only mention of it. I was discussing the other 2 instances that i have been involved with.

I don't understand where you are coming from. I'm just stating facts. I'm not suggesting people leave. You may have had good experience with them. That is great. Just venting my frustration. Perhaps you are a Rogers employee. I don't know.
    No its just a lot of these threads have appeared because of that.
    10-04-13 07:26 PM
    Do you really believe that? There is always room for negotiation and even if this wasn't the case, then you should still be open to a discussion about it, at least explain how this is the best price. If you just cut it off at "no", you won't be surprised when we take our account elsewhere. If you don't understand this, then I think you are not a part of any form of business relationship, nor have a good understanding how business works.
    Having worked my fair share of customer service jobs and having worked for Rogers back when they still rented videos (on VHS no less) I know that how you approach the situation will have a direct impact on how much the person is willing to escalate the request and that in general terms, for every important corporate contract, there are several others being groomed in the wings who are unhappy with their current provider/solution so if they lose one contract they just have to work harder to pull in another one. If your corporate account were really that make or break for them then Rogers would have already won over the rest of your communication products rather than letting you split it over multiple providers. There are lots of sales tricks to keep customers happy but at the end of the day there are very few contracts that can't be replaced.
    10-07-13 09:08 AM