Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. hockey1599's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Rogers Plans

    Will it be possible if i create another line but all i want is to BBM on it nothing else. On Rogers?
  2. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,951 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by hockey1599 View Post
    Will it be possible if i create another line but all i want is to BBM on it nothing else. On Rogers?
    I don't think so. Afaik Rogers does not have any BIS-only plans. You'll need some sort of voice + BIS plan.
    Maybe you could get away with a dirt cheap voice plan + BIS Social networking only addon, it it would still cost far too much IMO.
  3. hockey1599's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Really??Hmm damm
  4. ridemaster's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    312 Posts
    PIN
    2ACB19A0
    #4  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    as previously stated you will need a second line with bis plan.

    take it from me who is with rogers and wanted a second social net plan but had to get a second line to be able to add in social plan.
    Passport love
    BlackBerry by Choice
  5. djenkins6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,788 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Can't you get a tablet plan that is just BBM plus data? Tell them you have an unlocked 3g playbook....
  6. hockey1599's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default Rogers Plans

    What do you mean? I'm sorry I don't understand
  7. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,951 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    Can't you get a tablet plan that is just BBM plus data? Tell them you have an unlocked 3g playbook....
    The LTE Playbook doesn't use a BIS data plan, it uses a normal data plan. There is no tablet BIS plan.
  8. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,019 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,023 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    This is the closet thing I found at Rogers for what you're looking for........

    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi..._-plans_banner
  9. ridemaster's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    312 Posts
    PIN
    2ACB19A0
    #9  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    i had worked out the best possible deal on a second line with social plan with rogers and when i gave them the mei off of the non rogers branded phone they bumped the monthly by 4 bux.

    rogers got me again.
    Passport love
    BlackBerry by Choice
  10. AWK47's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #10  

    Default Rogers Plans

    You could go to Wind, go Pay as You go with bbm social for $5. even if your phone won't connect to the Home network you can bbm for 1$ per mb, and use wifi when possible. Bbm's are very small so like $0.005 per message just an idea
  11. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Rogers has a 27 dollar plan that gives you 150 minutes, unlimited text and bbm.
  12. hockey1599's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default Rogers Plans

    Ok I'll see.. Thanks
  13. mooda's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    703 Posts
    #13  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    you have to be very persistent in what you want. a couple of the guys i work with have BB with data only no voice. that is not to say that you cant make a call on it you will just be charged out the for it.

    it is possible to get what you want little but of luck and lots of politeness will get you a long way
  14. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,019 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,023 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by mooda View Post
    you have to be very persistent in what you want. a couple of the guys i work with have BB with data only no voice. that is not to say that you cant make a call on it you will just be charged out the for it.

    it is possible to get what you want little but of luck and lots of politeness will get you a long way
    I agree. Their plans are not set in stone. What I get on mine is nowhere near anyplan that they offer and a lot less than if each "feature" was in an advertised bundle.
  15. MobileMadness002's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,308 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,468 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B681AED
    #15  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Carriers should be obligated to provide data only options for cell phones these days. Many users hate speaking on them and have 0 need of voice but are very much dependent on data. That's what smart phones are designed for, data consumption.
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.
    -= Back in Black =-
    Sorry I left you for 3 months.........
  16. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    I don't think so. Afaik Rogers does not have any BIS-only plans. You'll need some sort of voice + BIS plan.
    Maybe you could get away with a dirt cheap voice plan + BIS Social networking only addon, it it would still cost far too much IMO.
    I have a BIS data-only plan for one of my BlackBerry smartphones which I use for research and testing against a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Express Edition). You have to ask for it explicitly and usually at a business / corporate services outlet of Rogers Communications / Rogers Wireless.
  17. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,951 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    I have a BIS data-only plan for one of my BlackBerry smartphones which I use for research and testing against a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Express Edition). You have to ask for it explicitly and usually at a business / corporate services outlet of Rogers Communications / Rogers Wireless.
    What's the monthly cost if you don't mind sharing?
  18. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,270 Posts
    #18  

    Default Re: Rogers Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by MobileMadness002 View Post
    Carriers should be obligated to provide data only options for cell phones these days. Many users hate speaking on them and have 0 need of voice but are very much dependent on data. That's what smart phones are designed for, data consumption.
    Yeah, that would be the day, huh? We still have carriers charging extra for caller ID for crying out loud.
    Blatant placeholder signature.

Similar Threads

  1. Rogers plans for Blackberry sucks no joke
    By evilstrike in forum Rogers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 10:20 AM
  2. 30$ Rogers plan till Aug 31st
    By vx1 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 09:57 PM
  4. New Roger Plans for BB
    By Rayford Booth in forum Rogers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 11:45 AM
  5. Facebook app/$15 Rogers plan
    By kyletoff in forum Rogers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions