Ok so anyone who lives in Manitoba (in Canada for anyone who was wondering where it is) who is a cb member here would love this news included myself, Winnipeg to be exact. Rogers tweeted this about an hour ago and decided to post this. Here's the complete article:

Get ready Manitoba! Rogers to launch province wide network March 31

The countdown is on for more Manitobans to get their hands on the latest smartphones including Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and tablets for the first time on Rogers world class 3G+ network. Starting March 31, we�ll be launching our reliable network bringing 96 percent of Manitobans access to a new province-wide high speed voice and data network.

In several areas, for the first time, Manitobans will be able to own and use the latest smartphones, tablets and mobile broadband devices and experience mobile Internet service at download speeds of up to 21 Mbps.

While we already offer service in Winnipeg and southern Manitoba, this expansion allows us to upgrade our existing coverage area to high speed HSPA+/3G+.* It also allows us to expand into new areas like Thompson, The Pas, Flin Flon and more.

To check out a future network coverage map of Manitoba, go here.

If you live in Manitoba, what smartphone are you interested in getting?

Source: Get ready Manitoba! Rogers to launch province wide network March 31 | Rogers RedBoard
    To be honest, I was kind of disappointed since the 4 major carriers in the states (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) are getting set to launch their 4G networks at that time with the exception that some have already started end of last year. I guess I'm both happy and dissapointed, happy because we get a faster internet speed and dissapointed because we've just gotten into 3G+ when other provinces and states are talking about 4G. To be honest I was really hoping they'd skip the 3G+ networks and go straight to 4G since its too late for 3G+ anyways. Does this mean we'd have to wait for the 4G networks even longer than others like say a year or 2? I hope not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 02-02-11 at 05:38 PM.
    02-02-11 05:22 PM
    its rogers and MTS not just rogers and i already posted it
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/mts...h-31st-581933/
    02-02-11 05:43 PM
    Ok so anyone who lives in Manitoba (in Canada for anyone who was wondering where it is) who is a cb member here would love this news included myself, Winnipeg to be exact. Rogers tweeted this about an hour ago and decided to post this. Here's the complete article:

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed since the 4 major carriers in the states (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) are getting set to launch their 4G networks at that time with the exception that some have already started end of last year. I guess I'm both happy and dissapointed, happy because we get a faster internet speed and dissapointed because we've just gotten into 3G+ when other provinces and states are talking about 4G. To be honest I was really hoping they'd skip the 3G+ networks and go straight to 4G since its too late for 3G+ anyways. Does this mean we'd have to wait for the 4G networks even longer than others like say a year or 2? I hope not.

Our 3G+ IS T-Mobiles 4G, HSPA+ is 21Mbps
    AT&T doesn't Publish their 4G speeds
    When Looking at the Verizon Website LTE will be 10 times faster than their existing 3G so they should see Speeds of 15Mpbs,

The US is full of marketing BULL CRAP! and are making claims of 4G when they are not truly "4G" but just the next generation.
    02-02-11 06:36 PM
    Our 3G+ IS T-Mobiles 4G, HSPA+ is 21Mbps
    AT&T doesn't Publish their 4G speeds
    When Looking at the Verizon Website LTE will be 10 times faster than their existing 3G so they should see Speeds of 15Mpbs,

The US is full of marketing BULL CRAP! and are making claims of 4G when they are not truly "4G" but just the next generation.
    Ohh I see, I what they call 4G is just a better way of saying HSPA+ or barely HSPA+. I'm completely happy about this now lol. Thanks for the explanation.

02-02-11 07:41 PM
    Well, this is what you get when you have a provincial government that has a$$ backward telecom policies. When they continue to back the MTS monopoly, they're backing the wrong horse. Gawd I'm glad that I don't live in Manitoba!

Last edited by Bobcat665; 02-03-11 at 07:31 AM.
    02-03-11 06:03 AM
    Well I actually don't care now as long as they're installing it. Been experiencing decent 3G speeds lately and I'm happy they will make it even faster. We get all the Phones and plans as other provinces so I have nothing to complain about now.

02-03-11 08:05 AM
    You could always complain about the weather or the mosquitoes.
    02-03-11 08:18 AM
    You could always complain about the weather or the mosquitoes.
    Weather is brutal here in Winnipeg. Temp got to -40 twice last month and its been around the -20s -30s for the past 3 months. Yes I hate the weather here but we have no choice lol. And the mosquitos, there are points were it becomes serious and that's when there has been rain the day before or you live neather a pond or river. Also is bad when there at night when you can't see them and you open the door, they come flooding in. Yes I hate that as well but it mostly happens in the Spring where its more rain than sunny days. But I believe its worse (mosquitos) in BC since its located near waters.

02-03-11 08:44 AM
    ...But I believe its worse (mosquitos) in BC since its located near waters.

WTF? Who told you that???
    I grew up in Manitoba and I can tell you the mosquitos are NOT worse in BC.
    Especially along the coast where I live. Haven't seen a mosquito since I left Manitoba 12 years ago.
    02-03-11 12:56 PM
    never saw a mosquito last summer to be honest they fog so quick you barley have a chance to see them
    02-03-11 03:10 PM
    Slightly off topic...
    How is the Telus network in Manitoba.
    02-03-11 04:13 PM
    Mosquitoes are only a problem in the evening and before a rain shower at which point they become unbearable.
    02-03-11 04:28 PM
    Slightly off topic...
    How is the Telus network in Manitoba.
    Not sure haven't been on Telus as their plan aren't as good as the other carriers here and CSR suck compared to the rest of the carriers. CDMA, MTS is the best with their unlimted everything (except for minutes which are 200 minutes and 5pm E&W) student data plan for $45/month. Same with the student voice plan which is $19.99/month. GSM its Rogers and its the same plans as other provinces. So Telus is basically an average carrier here.

02-03-11 07:35 PM
    I kinda thought something was up over the past week. I was seeing my carrier on my home screen going from "ROGERS" to "Rogers Wireless" (and back and forth). Wonder if that was related to some towers going live.
    02-03-11 07:38 PM
    I kinda thought something was up over the past week. I was seeing my carrier on my home screen going from "ROGERS" to "Rogers Wireless" (and back and forth). Wonder if that was related to some towers going live.
    I've been noticing that it's been going back & forth since September
    02-03-11 10:04 PM
    I've been noticing that it's been going back & forth since September
    Hmm haven't had this issue with my Torch yet but I have been a Rogers customer for a month now so wouldn't who but have been a Fido customer for a year so I'm assuming the same wouldve been happening since Rogers and Fido use the same network?

02-03-11 11:24 PM
    The 3G coverage is expanding now and not waiting till the end of the month, great signal strength, 5 bars in Steinbach.
    03-07-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD