So I was wondering, I do have the 500mb (I can barely crack 200 with extensive usage!!!) data plan with rogers, and I wanted to know if I travelled anywhere outside Canada would I incur roaming charges?
    And if there are, how much is it per megabyte?
    05-13-09 07:24 PM
    By the time you get back from your trip outside Rogers' calling area you will be bleeding from your eyes with the roaming charges, unless you have a specific plan for outside of Canada.

Hint: I don't know of a specific data plan for outside of Canada.

It's just as bad for voice, too; assume $1.50-$2/minute for voice calls, inbound or outbound, and 5cents/kb for data. I think it's around $50/meg. SMS/Texts from your phone while roaming are 50 cents each, as I recall.

Unless it's a corporate phone, and you don't use Google Maps, and you're only doing basic email in an emergency ... just don't.
    05-13-09 07:52 PM
    Roaming data rates will eat you alive on any carrier. Rogers is certainly no exception.
    05-13-09 07:59 PM
    I think Rogers has a roaming plan, atleast they offered to set one up for me if I ever need it. Not sure of the charges though, try the Rogers rep sticky in the Rogers forum below.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD