For BlackBerry a unique hybrid phone is going to be more successful than a plain full touch. People want unique and Passport proves that.

Posted via CB10
    I am not completely sure that the Passport success relies on its weirdness. I think that top specs and BB10 are key factors.
    MADBRADNYC and JWWDUKE like this.
    11-21-14 12:29 PM
    I am not completely sure that the Passport success relies on its weirdness. I think that top specs and BB10 are key factors.
    I agree. I'm not too sure about that either since BlackBerry has already been there and done that. They failed. One word... Torch.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:45 PM
    If it is a badass flagship, I'll definitely buy it!!
    P.S. still loving my white Z10
    11-21-14 12:49 PM
    I don't see the benefit of this. If I'm going to type and a software keyboard pops up automatically, what is the benefit to me of flipping out the hardware keyboard? The software keyboard is right there at a touch of the screen.

If the benefit is for pkb lovers to have their pkb, that's why BlackBerry is still making pkb phones. It doesn't make sense to me to have two types of keyboards.

I went from a Bold(9900) to the Z10 and after just a short while I did not miss the pkb at all. I'm pretty sure most people that have made that switch have been more than happy with the touch keyboard. In fact, I remember a time on crackberry when a lot of people were complaining that BlackBerry was coming out with the Z10 before the Q10 because they couldn't live without the pkb. I don't think I have ever heard anybody complain about the software keyboard on here.

TL;DR
    Software keyboard = awesome
    Physical keyboard = awesome

Both on one phone = not awesome

Again, this is all just my opinion. I'm sure BlackBerry will do what they think the majority of the people will like.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    The benefit is that those who want a physical keyboard, because they regularly type long emails or messages, can use that keyboard when needed, but have a "normal" phone otherwise, that has a full size screen with an awesome touch keyboard for shorter messages.

Now this is just my hope, and doesn't have any evidence so far to back it up.. but imagine now that the constantly exposed row of keys (which we can assume would be touch enabled like PP) doesn't have static letters on it, rather it uses backlighting to provide more benefits -
    When the keyboard is stashed, top strip functions as touchpad, AS WELL as dedicated Call/End, BB/Back buttons, reminiscent of the torch front layout.

Now you have extra buttons, a touchpad, and a full pkb for when you want it. If priced same as a new full slab with same specs, why wouldn't you take the one with additional value?

BB for Life
    11-21-14 01:09 PM
    The benefit is that those who want a physical keyboard, because they regularly type long emails or messages, can use that keyboard when needed, but have a "normal" phone otherwise, that has a full size screen with an awesome touch keyboard for shorter messages.

Now this is just my hope, and doesn't have any evidence so far to back it up.. but imagine now that the constantly exposed row of keys (which we can assume would be touch enabled like PP) doesn't have static letters on it, rather it uses backlighting to provide more benefits -
    When the keyboard is stashed, top strip functions as touchpad, AS WELL as dedicated Call/End, BB/Back buttons, reminiscent of the torch front layout.

Now you have extra buttons, a touchpad, and a full pkb for when you want it. If priced same as a new full slab with same specs, why wouldn't you take the one with additional value?

BB for Life
    I'd purchase the buttonless full touch, even if it was more expensive.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1151
    the_igg likes this.
    11-21-14 01:18 PM
    4.5 - 4.7 " not more than that I want the next all touch blackberry to be very compact, with very high specs, the blackberry z10 was amazing in design and looks very sturdy, comfortable in the pocket very reachable with one hand. The only problem was its battery which runs out very quickly, I hope they follow the z10 design approach. Anyone agrees with me?

Posted via CB10
    I really hope they don't go bigger than 4.5. I love the Z10 form factor and size. Though I do think now that Apple has also left the small all touch design behind Berry will probably go bigger as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:33 PM
    As a Z10 owner i couldn't agree more. Being with VZW i saw an end to my love of BB. I hope this comes out and i am able to get it.
    11-21-14 02:11 PM
    1 more letter.
    GTFO

Posted via My Beast Q10
    11-21-14 02:37 PM
    Yeah, a Z50 or "Rio" would be great. I love the Z30. The only suggestions I have are to allow for brighter screen in sunlight, and make it a bit lighter and more compact (which is difficult with a big battery and 5" screen) . I hope BlackBerry doesn't go overboard with too big a screen, however, since the phone becomes "unpocketable."

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-21-14 02:48 PM
    I really don't see why they would not release 2 All touch. Other than they maybe gun shy after the sales of the z10. They really thought people where just going to come back. And that sales would be better. After it all unfolded. I realize I could have run company better.

A 5+. And a 4.5. I would really love them to just make the same as z10 I love the format factor of it. If they want to make the screen a little big. Sounds good but keep the over body the same. It's easy to get in and out of your pocket. Ands not to big that it can be used with one hand. The z30 is just to big I don't need or really want a phone that big. Having said that. The batter of the next z10 need a bigger than 2 mah battery a 2200 or 2400 with the removable battery. And internal storage of no smaller than 32 gig.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 03:12 PM
    I really don't see why they would not release 2 All touch. Other than they maybe gun shy after the sales of the z10. They really thought people where just going to come back. And that sales would be better. After it all unfolded. I realize I could have run company better.

A 5+. And a 4.5. I would really love them to just make the same as z10 I love the format factor of it. If they want to make the screen a little big. Sounds good but keep the over body the same. It's easy to get in and out of your pocket. Ands not to big that it can be used with one hand. The z30 is just to big I don't need or really want a phone that big. Having said that. The batter of the next z10 need a bigger than 2 mah battery a 2200 or 2400 with the removable battery. And internal storage of no smaller than 32 gig.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, sure, buddy.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1151
    Dave Bourque and CerveloJohn like this.
    11-21-14 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mmm... they can't make that many phones unless BlackBerry 10 picks up so much that it passes Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 04:21 PM
    how to uprade blackberry.
    11-21-14 10:36 PM
    You would think with the amount of us BlackBerry fans this thread would be longer and full of yahoo's and yippee's.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    11-22-14 07:55 PM
    You would think with the amount of us BlackBerry fans this thread would be longer and full of yahoo's and yippee's.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, how about yippee, I use Yahoo! :-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    red72 likes this.
    11-22-14 09:32 PM
    I'm a pkb qwerty lover through and through, and I can say that without doubt after having tried and used various kinds of touchscreen and all-touch phones, but this news is ever so delightful lol. A high-end all-touch device is exactly what BlackBerry needs to continue wedging itself more and more into the phone device market, both consumer and corporate. Love it! I hope it's an awesome killer phone that's very well made, snappy performance, offers great productivity and security, and is competitive with the top all-touch devices on the market

+-keystroke queen-+
    tanzarian likes this.
    11-22-14 09:41 PM
    I'm a pkb qwerty lover through and through, and I can say that without doubt after having tried and used various kinds of touchscreen and all-touch phones, but this news is ever so delightful lol. A high-end all-touch device is exactly what BlackBerry needs to continue wedging itself more and more into the phone device market, both consumer and corporate. Love it! I hope it's an awesome killer phone that's very well made, snappy performance, offers great productivity and security, and is competitive with the top all-touch devices on the market

+-keystroke queen-+
    Other than the pkb qwerty part, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I particularly liked the very apt description of BlackBerry wedging its way into the phone market! Thanks.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    riss89 likes this.
    11-22-14 09:55 PM
    I love my BlackBerry Z30 and a successor would be great. Since I have two cell lines and the Z30 was part of the Black Friday sale, I will have two Z30s by the end if the week. That should keep me happy until the Rio.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:26 PM
    I hope we get more info about this.

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.0.1418 - I WANT A BIGASS BB10 WITH A BIGASS SCREEN
    11-30-14 03:20 PM
    Agree with that.. maybe, just maybe.. 17th of December we get a glimpse on this one.. but I doubt it on the other hand

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.2.1609 OR my smaller Z10Tester running 10.3.1.1151
    11-30-14 04:15 PM
    Now that I have a Q10, Z10, and Z30, I am more secure in what the perfect phone would be for me:

1. Sharp bright screen of the Z10, a little bigger but not as big as the Z30.
    2. Great speakers, like the Q10 and Z30.
    3. More internal storage, or the ability to store apps on the SD card. (I do understand that this could be a security problem and could allow people to steal apps).
    4. Removable battery.
    5. Super big battery
    6. I love the Q10 keyboard, and can type the fastest on it, but my poor old thumbs are getting worn out!

Right now I am happy with my new Z30, especially for $225 :-}. I do find it a bit bigger than I would like, but it seems that all phones are getting bigger these days.

Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    12-01-14 12:25 AM
    BlackBerry has like 12 devices in testing.. any of them could end up being released.......or scrapped.
    The famed unicorn aka Z50.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:48 AM
    Yeah, a Z50 or "Rio" would be great. I love the Z30. The only suggestions I have are to allow for brighter screen in sunlight, and make it a bit lighter and more compact (which is difficult with a big battery and 5" screen) . I hope BlackBerry doesn't go overboard with too big a screen, however, since the phone becomes "unpocketable."

I miss being able to customize my font style like on the old platform.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:49 AM
    I love my BlackBerry Z30 and a successor would be great. Since I have two cell lines and the Z30 was part of the Black Friday sale, I will have two Z30s by the end if the week. That should keep me happy until the Rio.

Posted via CB10
    Good for you.... I have the black Z30, and was thinking of getting the white version too...

12-02-14 07:28 AM
    Just a little solid leak about this new device and people will go crazy

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.0.1418 - "I WANT A BIGASS BB10 WITH A BIGASS SCREEN! 6-INCH BABY! 6 FREAKIN INCH!"
    12-02-14 09:52 AM
104 ... 2345