How do I get the MP3 or wav file I created to be a ringtone. I emailed it to myself but the bb tells me it is not in a recognizable format. thanks
    02-01-08 12:45 AM
    There are two ways to do it. I have only used MP3 files as ringtones so I can't guarantee this will work for wav files.

1. Set up your Blackberry to Enable Mass Storage Mode (Options>Media Card>Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = On). Then attach your phone via USB and you can drag the MP3 files from your PC into the Blackberry\ringtones Directory on your phone. Then just select the ringtone you wish to use.

2. Alternatively, you can launch the Roxio Media Manager and do it through there. One advantage of using the Media Manager is that it can convert files to the proper format if it needs to be converted.

Method one is the easiest but either way works. Good luck.
    02-01-08 12:57 PM
    I have an 8703e so I dont have a media card.
    02-01-08 02:37 PM
    You should be able to add the MP3 ringtone to your phone through desktop manager. This is the only way that I have to do it. I haven't had any luck with wavs even working as ringtones yet.
    02-01-08 04:51 PM
    Or or or...creat a free box.net account and upload them there and follow the links to the files from your blackberry...
    02-01-08 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD