Hey everyone...

I think I have become a little picky in my old age...but I find every ringtone I hear is NOT the part of the song "I" would have used...

So the question is: those of you that have made your own ringtones..what program do you use to create them?

-DJdb... ha
    02-24-08 06:09 PM
    was that a smurf or a popsicle?

anyway, i use sony's acid program. not free, but already had it.
    02-24-08 06:25 PM
    it was papa smurf....

and the girl from willy wonka who ate the blueberry gum.... (Violet...)

-db

I will search acid...
    02-24-08 06:27 PM
    lol. i actually watched that movie today! (the depp version) could use a few oompa loompas, myself. sony acid is pretty user friendly, and i think they have a free trial at their site.
    02-24-08 06:30 PM
    nice. thanks dacur...

-db
    02-24-08 06:32 PM
    I've been using Ring Factory, which came with Podmaxx 2008. I bought Podmaxx 2008 for my Ipod, but the Ring Factory app that came with it is great for creating custom ringtones.
    02-24-08 06:57 PM
    db...
    It's free and works well...
    Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
    02-24-08 07:13 PM
    db...
    thanks member1. i knew there was a free one that everybody uses, but couldn't remember the name.
    02-24-08 07:21 PM
    I use mp3 to ringtone gold. There are almost no extra features and it works great. Very easy to use. It is not free but I do not think its all that expensive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-08 08:10 PM
    db...
    i use this also.

very awesome! :]
    02-24-08 08:46 PM
    I use phonezoo.com...you can upload your own yunes, and edit them where you like...then they arrive via email.
    Good luck!
    02-25-08 08:46 AM
    I use the program that is in the media manager from Blackberry on your desktop. it is very easy to use and free. To use it the first time I just used the hlep in the media manager and it walks you through step by step. you pretty much just put a song in your media manager right click it and use the editor. you can use whatever part you want and then save as ring tone and bamb youve got it and just copy down to your phone!
    02-25-08 10:31 AM
    I agree, those oompa-loompas in the ringtone factory do a Terrible job choosing which portions of songs to make into the ringtone, what the heck!

Don't pay for ringtones anyways though, they are free especially if you have a bb, either use the bb software as amba727 explained or I used this program 'mp3 splitter': it has a free 30 day trial and lets you split any .mp3 player into a separate .mp3 file which you can then just load into your 'ringtones' folder via bb manager..

MP3 Splitter - software to split mp3 files

(mp3 splitter is for your computer not an app on the phone)
    02-25-08 02:33 PM
    Or if you don't want to download a program...
    Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker
    02-25-08 03:04 PM
    thanks for the replies everyone...

I had no idea you could use the BB program on the computer to make ringtones...I'm going to have to play around with that...

I alkso downloaded audacity and I will see which works best...

-db

thanks again everyone.
    02-25-08 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD