I apologize for mentioning this issue in the General Forum, but I'm at a wit's end! I can't imagine what the problem could be, hardware, software or a mix of conflicts - Your thoughts are really appreciated.

After some great chats with the folks at RIM (and my carrier), I'm down to roaming message boards trying to figure out what the issue here could be -

I've got a brand-new 9700, T-Mobile carrier-branded, that sporadically will not ring or alert!

Regardless of the profile or circumstances, about 15-25% of the time the device will perform as if it is on "silent" - The phone will light up, show an incoming call, but not ring or vibrate. The phone will flash the red L.E.D. after an email or SMS comes through, but not notify or vibrate. This is unreproducible. It can happen with the same number multiple times or not at all. No rhyme or reason behind it.

I've already done a complete reload of the OS via Mac Desktop Manager - Downloaded the OS from the carrier automatically. I'm using very few third-party applications, only Google Mobile App, Facebook, Ubertwitter and Viigo. Obviously, I've noticed the phone performing this way without those apps and completely wiped. The only constant has been a reload of my address book, which doesn't include customized alerts or rings.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Noah
    12-07-09 06:14 PM
    I've got a brand-new 9700, T-Mobile carrier-branded, that sporadically will not ring or alert!
    I occasionally think this happens to me too.

But it always seems to mysteriously occur when I'm outside, never inside. So I wonder if it's just my imagination and the real problem is that I'm just not hearing the ring.

A few other times, it's because I've left my profile on silent.

Whenever I think this is happening to me, I always have to ask myself if it's because of noisy environments. And it always seems to be. I've never had it happen when the phone is sitting next to me in a quiet inside environment.

I really believe, at least in my case, that it's because I miss hearing the ring.
    12-07-09 11:20 PM
    At this point, I'd be stoked to realize I'm absent-minded and simply missing my calls! Just now, I sat here at my desk, "Normal" profile", and watched a text message come in, with just the red L.E.D. as if it were on silent.
    All this is after a completely re-download and reinstall of the OS via Mac Desktop Manager...
    12-07-09 11:26 PM
    I'm also wondering if this could be a funky issue with my SIM card... Thoughts?
    12-08-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD